IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

looks like we are going to get rain here, so I went out this and morning putted and worked on setting up little farther from the ball, so my elbows are closer and taking swings

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I started trying to vary my swing speed, and the results are not consistent. It seems like I can vary the speed, but not exactly how I expect.

Just wondering if there is a drill you are specifically doing to vary your swing speed?

I got rained out again today. So, no "5 minutes" outdoors. Just doing mirror work, trying to keep the hands close to the body as is my current priority.

Well for the most part, I've been doing slow swings (probably at 20% speed) from A1 to A4, then stop, lay the shaft down, and then start the slow swing from A4 to A6.  I stop again, check my body positioning, and then start again from A6 through a A8/A9 and check myself again.  I probably misspoke and should have said not only am I trying to increase speed (to like 40%), I'm also trying to do A1 to A6 in one motion.  It's a lot harder than I thought but, what in golf isn't.  Haha.  Later today I'm planning on hitting the range and get a sense with the camera and, if it's not to my liking, then slow it to 20% speed without stopping at A4 and see how it goes.  Failing that, more of the original drill of stopping at A4.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

I started trying to vary my swing speed, and the results are not consistent. It seems like I can vary the speed, but not exactly how I expect.

Just wondering if there is a drill you are specifically doing to vary your swing speed?

I got rained out again today. So, no "5 minutes" outdoors. Just doing mirror work, trying to keep the hands close to the body as is my current priority.

Well for the most part, I've been doing slow swings (probably at 20% speed) from A1 to A4, then stop, lay the shaft down, and then start the slow swing from A4 to A6.  I stop again, check my body positioning, and then start again from A6 through a A8/A9 and check myself again.  I probably misspoke and should have said not only am I trying to increase speed (to like 40%), I'm also trying to do A1 to A6 in one motion.  It's a lot harder than I thought but, what in golf isn't.  Haha.  Later today I'm planning on hitting the range and get a sense with the camera and, if it's not to my liking, then slow it to 20% speed without stopping at A4 and see how it goes.  Failing that, more of the original drill of stopping at A4.

Yeah, you can this again " It's a lot harder than I thought"

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Swang this morning, worked on my take away. Concentrated on my wrists. If I dont go back far enough my wrists dont cock and it throws everthing off.

I will try short chips after work. I am going to try 1/2 shot short shots!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

• Administrator

Practiced a bit with shorter irons on the mat in the back yard.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's another rainy day in SoCal (thank goodness), so I practiced my backswing for 5 minutes indoors in front of a mirror. My objective was to work on my hip turn while keeping my head and shoulders centered - when I get lazy, I have a tendency to tilt forward.

Full swing practice into the net with video.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I'm still a bit under the weather but managed 10 minutes or so doing some drills hitting into the net. Hopefully I can finally kick it by the weekend and get back to putting some serious work in.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

May 15, (15 in a row)

Working on putting stroke...   also spent a little time chipping into a box outback.   Honestly zoned out a little after a LONG day...   Didn't focus as well as I should have but I was still paying some attention to my technique.

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Just did a little mirror work at the hotel before dinner. Played a match in the rain today.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Played 36 holes today. Just finished up.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Driving range hitting balls tonight. Worked on the hip piece. Mixed results on contact. Then I started getting into a consistent run of hitting shots fat.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

May 15 -

Heavy rains disrupted my plans to hit balls after I mowed grass this morning. But, it did experiment for 10 minutes with a TaylorMade product from several years back, the TPA VIII Pro Arc putter. This putter has a heel-toe weighting not unlike Ping Pal, and has a 36" shaft.

I normally use a 34" putter, so I choked down on the grip and had a couple of inches above the hands. The putter had a nice balance.

The hosel was bent so that the grip and hands are slightly in front of the face. The ball skidded a bit upon impact, but held direction well. Best set-up seemed to be about 2 inches behind the left heel.

With its longer shaft, I might experiment using a Super Stroke grip on this one, maybe with counterbalance weights.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Got ready for the weekend's rounds with a full practice - chipping, pitching, bunker, wedge, iron, hybrid, 3 wood, and driver.  It was two hours of work at range.   I am feeling really good about tomorrow's round.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Short day today.  Watched my son's 2nd round tennis match for CIF.  Then he wanted to play, so 2 hours of tennis.  Still got in 5 minutes of putting on my putting board and 10 minutes of swing work in my house.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

10 Mins outside with a 3 wood, no ball. working on Key #1, while making a full turn.

Chris.:roll:

Note: This thread is 3394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!