IGNORED

Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn Break Up

Phil McGleno
Note: This thread is 3221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, now Tiger has more time for cocktail waitresses. Or practice. Whichever it was in the 2006-2009 era that made him so good. Sad for Tiger, very sad for Lindsey, but happy for me. Can we get another Tiger slam please? :-D

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What I thought was odd is that their "releases" (announcments) were almost identically written -like they were written by the same PR firm, very odd.

Why can't people just tell it like it is anymore followed by...."this is my final discussion on the matter"

Or the Dufner approach....no announcement- just a court record.

What I thought was odd is that their "releases" (announcments) were almost identically written -like they were written by the same PR firm, very odd.

Why can't people just tell it like it is anymore followed by...."this is my final discussion on the matter"

It's not that unusual; the language of PR is the language of PR.

This: "this is my final discussion on the matter" – only gives the press more reason to speculate. They did it the best way.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

They likely did a joint press release, each from their own camp where the content was agreed upon before the release.  Such a release would indicate that the break up was mutual and friendly without the typical mud slinging you might find in other celebrity breakups.

Joe Paradiso

What are the odds that Tiger's next girlfriend isn't a blonde?  He clearly has specific taste.

I don't understand this.  If I had Tiger's money and fame I'd have a harem that looked like the United Nations of Ass.

"Witty golf quote."

What are the odds that Tiger's next girlfriend isn't a blonde?  He clearly has specific taste. I don't understand this.  If I had Tiger's money and fame I'd have a harem that looked like the United Nations of Ass.

Some people like the idea of a long term relationship or marriage, some don't.

Colin P.

Um....Ok whatever. You said you didn't understand, so.....

He said he didn't understand why Tiger only likes blondes :-)

On a side note, what I find sad is that anyone has to publish a release that they have broken up with their significant other. Like it's any of our business.

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

He said he didn't understand why Tiger only likes blondes :-)

On a side note, what I find sad is that anyone has to publish a release that they have broken up with their significant other. Like it's any of our business.

A lack of privacy is the downside of being a celebrity or pro athlete.  If they don't issue a press release they will be hounded and stalked by the press until the story is out, it's basically a pre-emptive strike.

Joe Paradiso

A lack of privacy is the downside of being a celebrity or pro athlete.  If they don't issue a press release they will be hounded and stalked by the press until the story is out, it's basically a pre-emptive strike.

I understand why they did it, I just think it's ridiculous that it's necessary.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I understand why they did it, I just think it's ridiculous that it's necessary.

Agree 100% ... yet ironically there is a thread dedicated to the topic on a golf forum, of which I have now posted on ... However, I do think Tiger is getting more relationship savvy with the media ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

What are the odds that Tiger's next girlfriend isn't a blonde?  He clearly has specific taste.

I don't understand this.  If I had Tiger's money and fame I'd have a harem that looked like the United Nations of Ass.

I am sure he has toured the United Nations many times over :-P . He just visits a certain 'countries' now that he has settled on his liking.

Vishal S.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/vonn-dodges-questions-about-woods-split/?cid=twitter-gc-a-vonn-dodges-questions-050615

Quote:

When asked indirectly about his breakup with Lindsey Vonn on Tuesday – How might this news affect your performance? Tiger Woods didn’t dodge or dismiss the question .

He spoke candidly.

“Obviously it does affect me,” he said. “It is tough. There’s no doubt. I’m not going to lie about that.”

Woods even elaborated, saying that this time of year is always tough, because Sunday also marked the nine-year anniversary of the death of his father, Earl.

“I haven’t slept,” he said.

That quote found its way into the top headlines on most major worldwide websites and newspapers – Woods showing human emotion after years of detachment.

Those hoping for the same levels of introspection from Vonn were disappointed Wednesday, when the Olympic ski champion appeared in Seoul to accept her appointment as an honorary ambassador for the 2018 Winter Games.

When asked about the split, she told reporters, “I don’t really want to talk about my personal life. I think I said everything in my Facebook post. I will just leave it at that.”

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Well, [i]The Onion[/i] has a great piece on this, as expected. [URL=http://www.theonion.com/article/tiger-woods-lindsey-vonn-blame-breakup-hectic-sex--50359]http://www.theonion.com/article/tiger-woods-lindsey-vonn-blame-breakup-hectic-sex--50359[/URL] (n.b., adult language)
  • Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I saw the video, I don't get how people rip Tiger for his interactions with the media.  The guy was holding back tears and  you could see the difficult time he's having with the loss of his father and the breakup with Vonn.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!