IGNORED

2015 The Players Championship DiscussionThread

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 3263 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ugh...and some people want to call this a major?

Don't forget the names of people like Andy North, Steve Jones, Lucas Glover, Todd Hamilton, Ben Curtis, Shaun Micheel, Rich Beem, Trevor Immelman, to name a few.

And those aren't just names on the leaderboard of all of the other majors in years past ... those are all winners .  Don't lose perspective and put those tournaments up on a pedestal as if they are always star-studded events.

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisP

If this leaderboard doesn't start looking better soon, then NBC is going to be on suicide watch this weekend. I feel like this is last week all over again....Rory needs to save the day.

Are you saying that the likes of:

Na, Grace, Hearn, Merritt and Stroud don't move the needle for you??

Na is the most interesting guy in this list.  Others are shrouded in mystery, has no merit, can't earn a win even if he tried for the grace of god.    (Sorry)

• Upvote 1

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Do we need a separate thread to reminisce about how great Tiger used to be?

Then we can keep all this crap out of the weekly tournament threads.

BTW - the next major that Tiger wins will be like Jacks win at Augusta in '86, all about nostalgia and how great things used to be.

Now back to The Players Championship - shaping up to be a great weekend.

Local player from mid-michigan, Brian Stuard won't be playing on the weekend as he put 3 into the water on the back 9 today.

I wonder which player sent the most into the drink over Thur/Fri. Someone hit 2 into it on 17 yesterday.

Players play, tough players win!

"I can't believe I've actually won here" - Phil Mickelson after missing his third-consecutive PLAYERS cut.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

"I can't believe I've actually won here" - Phil Mickelson after missing his third-consecutive PLAYERS cut.

LOL! Nice.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Don't forget the names of people like Andy North, Steve Jones, Lucas Glover, Todd Hamilton, Ben Curtis, Shaun Micheel, Rich Beem, Trevor Immelman, to name a few.

And those aren't just names on the leaderboard of all of the other majors in years past ... those are all winners.  Don't lose perspective and put those tournaments up on a pedestal as if they are always star-studded events.

I stated in the other thread that the Players does have a nice champions list (despite Perks and a couple others) and probably will continue to after this year as I expect Rory to eventually charge ahead and take this thing. But in the past (and so far this year), it doesn't create the greatest leaderboards. What we have this year is pretty common of the Players many years. The one thing I will say for the other majors is despite getting a no-name here or there, the last few years they've had a lot of impressive leaderboards. I know the streak is overdue to come to an end, but over the last few years if you look back at all 4 majors, it's been nothing but big names garnered at the top.

Golf is hard.

I like Na, he's a solid player, the board may look very different come Sunday but I can see him hanging around.

Love the Phil quote. Sad he missed the cut.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I stated in the other thread that the Players does have a nice champions list (despite Perks and a couple others) and probably will continue to after this year as I expect Rory to eventually charge ahead and take this thing. But in the past (and so far this year), it doesn't create the greatest leaderboards. What we have this year is pretty common of the Players many years. The one thing I will say for the other majors is despite getting a no-name here or there, the last few years they've had a lot of impressive leaderboards. I know the streak is overdue to come to an end, but over the last few years if you look back at all 4 majors, it's been nothing but big names garnered at the top.

I will say this though ... even though I think the guys on TGC and the guy who started the thread here made great points justifying it ... I'm finding that yesterday and today, my interest in watching is fairly low.  Not totally sure why ... but I guess I don't mind it not being a major if I don't even really care that much about it. ;)

Rickie Fowler, bruh.

Every friggin' time I think he's on a roll...he puts one in the drink.

F*ck it, if Rory doesn't win, I want it to be Jerry Kelly.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

That second shot, if going for it in two, on the 16th, is SCARY. (The shot that Rickie just dunked.)

Colin P.

Imagine if Rory were to win this. That would make him the Open Champion, WGC-Bridgestone champion, PGA Champion, World Match Play champion and Players champion. Now I know he's no Tiger Woods, but at the same time...damn..... that would be mighty impressive.

Note: This thread is 3263 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!