IGNORED

2015 The Players Championship DiscussionThread

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 3262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Patrick

What tournament leaderboard are you looking at?

Don't be silly...all those names were on the first page. That's the leaderboard. They're nobodies.

Laughing at you, not with you.

Then he does Not watch golf regularly. How could you watch golf regularly and not recognize those names?

Yeah, because everyone knows who Ben Martin, Kevin Kisner and Jason Thomas are from all those trophies they've held up in the past. :roll:

What tournament leaderboard are you looking at?

[quote name="ChrisP" url="/t/81776/2015-the-players-championship-discussionthread/306#post_1139968"] Yeah, because everyone knows who Ben Martin, Kevin Kisner and Jason Thomas are from all those trophies they've held up in the past. :roll: [/quote] Hang on Chris.....we're about to get some statistics from some obscure tournaments in Asia where these guys lit up the top 50!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Did you hear that nick? 5 of these guys on the leaderboard are first timers here. You really are making a poor argument for calling these guys as regulars.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Actually his Driver has been ok this week. Its his 3w that he has been duck hooking almost each hole it seems. He just hit a wonderful soft fade with his Driver on 5.

[quote name="ChrisP" url="/t/81776/2015-the-players-championship-discussionthread/240_20#post_1139808"] Every time he fools you with a good drive, he comes back and makes a disaster. He just made a mess of 9. Two doubles on par-5s today. That's ugly. [/quote] What does Tiger (or at least the perception of Tiger's fans) have in common with us? He thinks that perfect soft fade is his shot, and all of the blocks and double-crosses are the exception. The reality is the good drive is the anomaly. (Mostly kidding. Mostly.)

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Did you hear that nick? 5 of these guys on the leaderboard are first timers here. You really are making a poor argument for calling these guys as regulars.

What are you calling a leaderboard Albert?  There are over 20 players within a few shots of the lead. Sorry that hurts you so bad.

Held my interest all afternoon, surprisingly. Should be a good finish tomorrow. Can we classify Jax as having the worst golf fans in America? Jeez, I've never seen a tourney with so many stop down moments from pros due to fan interference. And, heard a lot of stuff on TV the pro's didn't react to.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

If you watch golf REGULARY, then yes you do.

More from you! It never ends, does it :-)

Since most Sandtrappers are fond of calling players by their first names........

Ben (not Crenshaw)

Kevin (not Na)

Martin (not Kaymer)

Scott (not Adam)

Justin (not Leonard)

Derek

Brian (not Davis)

Luke (not Donald)

etc. etc.

That's not to say you are reading their names for the first time,  but how many of them would you recognise if you fell over them in the street?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

You either know who they are, or you don't. There is no barely if you watch golf Religiously

I'm not going to get into a debate about how popular certain players are and whether people show know them or not. It's kinda stupid. Bottom line is this tournament has suspense as far as how many guys are battling for this thing tomorrow. It should be exciting in that regard and I'll be watching. However, if you're going to tell me this is a great looking leaderboard, I'll tell you you're full of spit. It's not. And having average players up there does take some of the excitement out of it. But there are some good players within striking distance that if they can shoot a good round tomorrow, they can win the title.

Captain Obvious says this tourney is wide open. One would expect the newbies to realize they have a chance, then most will fall, let's see who stays up there of the newbies.

Waiting for Sergio to go -5 again, and that puts him at -13, which has won several times.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

More from you! It never ends, does it :-)

Since most Sandtrappers are fond of calling players by their first names........

Ben (not Crenshaw)

Kevin (not Na)

Martin (not Kaymer)

Scott (not Adam)

Justin (not Leonard)

Derek

Brian (not Davis)

Luke (not Donald)

etc. etc.

That's not to say you are reading their names for the first time,  but how many of them would you recognise if you fell over them in the street?

I would recognize every single player you mentioned if I seen them on the street. I also recognize what an unhappy ass hat you are. Take comfort  in the fact that not all women call their significant other shorty. I had a friend we called shorty but his real name was E.D.

Note: This thread is 3262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!