IGNORED

2015 The Players Championship DiscussionThread

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 3261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't be silly. Those names were all on the leaderboard. And they're all nobodies.

Not this week they're not. :-)

Kevin Na's preshot routine is agonizing.  Not just on his putts, but on every shot.  They gave him a warning for slow play, but apparently he picked it up enough to not be put on the clock - but still agonizing.  On another note, watching his reaction to his tee shot on the 17th was kinda funny.  Went from "Oh no!" to "Oh yes!" in a span of a few seconds.

30 players within 5 strokes of the lead, including some who aren't "nobodies" (including McIlroy, Scott, Watson, Fowler, Horschel, Garcia, etc.).  Even if a "nobody" wins it, it could be an interesting final round tomorrow!

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah tomorrow should be interesting. But the insignificant point was simply that a good supply of unknown players are lurking at the top. Some of us like to see the big names battle it. I do lot a good tournament. I just don't get as into it when I know the winner (Martin, Hearn, Thompson, Brown, Fathauer) won't be around after the tournament. Just like James Hahn. Gone baby gone.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I was there today,mainly at number 16, right side of fairway, about driver distance. Didn't see telecast not sure what club people hit off the tee but the longest was Charley Hoffman, then Adam Scott, then Rory. Didn't know Charley was that long. Bubba hit Driver because I saw the pink shaft and head but he wasn't in the top 5 in distance, unless he held it back a little. Patrick Reed sneaky long too. When I got there, Louie was hitting a shot about 20 yards longer than Hoffman's but I don't know if it was his 3rd. Great day. Was at 17 for awhile. Saw Tiger double bogey number 2. I was taken aback by how slim Tiger looks now in person. Definitely lost alot of bulk.

• Upvote 1

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

More from you! It never ends, does it :-) Since most Sandtrappers are fond of calling players by their first names........ Ben (not Crenshaw) Kevin (not Na) Martin (not Kaymer) Scott (not Adam) Justin (not Leonard) Derek Brian (not Davis) Luke (not Donald) etc. etc. That's not to say you are reading their names for the first time,  but how many of them would you recognise if you fell over them in the street?

Never heard of Scott Adams. :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

@Natural Patrick: I just realized you don't really know what "leader board" means. So that's ok. The "leader board" was/is riddled with nobodies. Do you really think we were referring to Garcia, Haas? Kirk had a little flash last year during the FedEx cup. Otherwise, a dud. Kisner, Martin,Brown,Hearn and Thomas. Nobodies. You have no argument. None of this matters, just helping out a fellow golfer who seems a little dense regarding what a big name is on tour. No problem. Cheers. Carry on.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

just helping out a fellow golfer who seems a little dense regarding what a big name is on tour

LOL......seriously?  This is the PGA Fu*king Tour.........ALL names are big..

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Yeah, because everyone knows who Ben Martin, Kevin Kisner and Jason Thomas are from all those trophies they've held up in the past. :roll:

It's Justin Thomas. To whoever was complaining about the leaderboard, don't like it? Turn it off. This of us that actually follow the tour closely know the majority of the players.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Yeah tomorrow should be interesting. But the insignificant point was simply that a good supply of unknown players are lurking at the top. Some of us like to see the big names battle it. I do lot a good tournament. I just don't get as into it when I know the winner (Martin, Hearn, Thompson, Brown, Fathauer) won't be around after the tournament. Just like James Hahn. Gone baby gone.

James Hahn and Ben Martin have won on tour. There are plenty of name players on tour that were once no-names, cut these guys a little slack, it's not a friggin major ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

mvmac....I'm not raggin these guys. I just don't see any of those guys doing much more. That's my opinion. My preference for watching. Who the hell are you to tell me what I can and can't like to watch? Criminey this sight is so sensitive. Relax and cheer for Scott brown all you want. I for one won't. Big deal.

mvmac....I'm not raggin these guys. I just don't see any of those guys doing much more. That's my opinion. My preference for watching. Who the hell are you to tell me what I can and can't like to watch? Criminey this sight is so sensitive. Relax and cheer for Scott brown all you want. I for one won't. Big deal.

Pretty sure you misread his tone - the smiley should've been a hint. I believe that was a tongue in cheek comment. Im thinking Sergio is our only real remaining chance at a "big" name winning (no offense Bill Haas). There are 10 guys at -8 or better and you gotta think a couple of them will shoot decent scores, so anybody else, like Rickie or Rory, is gonna have to go real low to contend. Go Sergio!!

It's Justin Thomas. To whoever was complaining about the leaderboard, don't like it? Turn it off. This of us that actually follow the tour closely know the majority of the players.

Another sensitive one eh? I don't enjoy watching scarcely known players on the leader board. I am obsessed with golf and watch it constantly regardless of what tournament it is. Some of us just have a preference for watching the bigger names of current play. Why is that a crime. Get your panties out of war and except the fact that other people have different preferences. A reasonable person would simply say "I like watching new players do well, I think it's more interesting than watching the same guys compete over and over" And that's fine. But to try and argue that Brown, Martin, etc...aren't nobodies is just being assanine. TPC is regarded by many as the 5th major. I NEVER claimed these players to be losers, inferior at all. I said they are nobodies and that is simply the truth. I'm sorry I expressed my preferences for golf viewing. I should've known TST would cry foul.

@Natural Patrick:

I just realized you don't really know what "leader board" means. So that's ok. The "leader board" was/is riddled with nobodies. Do you really think we were referring to Garcia, Haas? Kirk had a little flash last year during the FedEx cup. Otherwise, a dud. Kisner, Martin,Brown,Hearn and Thomas. Nobodies. You have no argument. None of this matters, just helping out a fellow golfer who seems a little dense regarding what a big name is on tour. No problem. Cheers. Carry on.

Apparently it matters to you. If Calling someone who plays on the PGA Tour a nobody, makes you feel better about yourself, then Cheers.

Pretty sure you misread his tone - the smiley should've been a hint. I believe that was a tongue in cheek comment.

Yes that's why I added the smiley, thanks for the clarification.

I'm sorry I expressed my preferences for golf viewing. I should've known TST would cry foul.

We're just having a discussion and others are expressing their views as well. I think you're taking things a bit too personally.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Apparently it matters to you. If Calling someone who plays on the PGA Tour a nobody, makes you feel better about yourself, then Cheers.

I have to assume you're very young. Otherwise, what an ignorant statement. If you don't know what I mean by "nobody"... Well...I'm wasting my time with you.

@mvmac I know. I apologize. Not personal. Im just amazed that Patrick could say something so ignorant as "if Calling a PGA pro a nobody makes me feel good about myself..." Huh? That kind of ignorance frustrates me and I apologize. Let's get back to the topic. It's a tight, crammed leader board and I think Sunday will be an awesome day at TPC!

Another sensitive one eh? I don't enjoy watching scarcely known players on the leader board. I am obsessed with golf and watch it constantly regardless of what tournament it is. Some of us just have a preference for watching the bigger names of current play. Why is that a crime. Get your panties out of war and except the fact that other people have different preferences. A reasonable person would simply say "I like watching new players do well, I think it's more interesting than watching the same guys compete over and over" And that's fine. But to try and argue that Brown, Martin, etc...aren't nobodies is just being assanine. TPC is regarded by many as the 5th major. I NEVER claimed these players to be losers, inferior at all. I said they are nobodies and that is simply the truth. I'm sorry I expressed my preferences for golf viewing. I should've known TST would cry foul.

How is that being sensitive? For someone who likes to run their mouth as much as you do you're the one getting defensive when someone disagrees with you. I'm off to watch some nobodies make some birdies instead of arguing with one.

• Upvote 1

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I get your point. You won't get anyone here to agree with your point - that's pretty much message board mentality.

I prefer when an established player who has already shown he can win regularly on the tour wins the big ones (majors and Players).

Craig Perks, Todd Hamilton, even Ben Curtis (although I believe he has more than one win on tour) are examples of players I'd rather not see win the top tournaments.

Note: This thread is 3261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!