IGNORED

2015 The Players Championship DiscussionThread

Rick Martin
Note:Β This thread is 3261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Duff's X and Fowlers'sΒ  girl are Way Hotter than Spieth's. I agreeΒ  Jordan's girl just does not do it for me,

Tough one for me...yeah I think Amanda is smokin, Ricky's girl as well.....but put Jordan's girl in some librarian glasses and a business skirt...damn....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I thought the absence of wall to wall commercials was one of the best parts of the telecast. Turns out, a record number of shots were shown. Hope this is the start of a trend, because I rarely watch regular events, even dvr'd, because of ads.

I tracked the televised strokes by player during theΒ NBCΒ airing of the final round of the Players Championship. NBC showed 381 regulation strokes from the Sunday round. The telecast began at 2pm ET and regulation play ended at 6:48, so this worked out to 1.32 strokes per minute - the highest average of the six events I have tracked.

Note: NBC obviously televised all 39 shots from the playoff, but I did not count these in the table so as to provide a truer comparison to the tracking for other tournaments.

http://www.classictvsports.com/2015/05/shot-chart-from-nbc-sunday-players.html

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tough one for me...yeah I think Amanda is smokin, Ricky's girl as well.....but put Jordan's girl in some librarian glasses and a business skirt...damn....

I think you may be onto something with that. Why didn't I think of that.

I hope he can follow it up with a major (or two)......seems like some of these players win a big one (Haas, Horschel) and can't seem to get on a roll.....

Fun to watch the final hole....

@ RickieFowlerPGA Mom & Sis were at JAX airport when found out Rickie could win. Missed flight and zoomed back to TPC. (check out the dogs).

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/25181069/rickie-fowlers-mom-and-sister-were-at-airport-almost-missed-win

I thought the absence of wall to wall commercials was one of the best parts of the telecast. Turns out, a record number of shots were shown. Hope this is the start of a trend, because I rarely watch regular events, even dvr'd, because of ads. [URL=http://www.classictvsports.com/2015/05/shot-chart-from-nbc-sunday-players.html]http://www.classictvsports.com/2015/05/shot-chart-from-nbc-sunday-players.html[/URL]

Wow, that's interesting. I do remember Hicks saying something about having not been to commercial in 45 min but I never heard why, i.e., who the sponsor was that allowed them to do it. Wonder if NBC saw the thread here last week on how to improve a golf telecast. The answer is, just show more golf!

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I hope he can follow it up with a major (or two)......seems like some of these players win a big one (Haas, Horschel) and can't seem to get on a roll..... Fun to watch the final hole.... [COLOR=66C1C1]@[/COLOR]RickieFowlerPGA Mom & Sis were at JAX airport when found out Rickie could win. Missed flight and zoomed back to TPC. (check out the dogs). [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/121218/] [/URL] [URL=http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/25181069/rickie-fowlers-mom-and-sister-were-at-airport-almost-missed-win]http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/25181069/rickie-fowlers-mom-and-sister-were-at-airport-almost-missed-win[/URL]

I'd take Horschel outta that mix. If that wasn't a roll he went on end of last year, I don't know what a roll is. And, we haven't heard the last of him, he's a stud. Rickie too, the 2nd win will catapult him into greater success. I think both will have majors on their resumes before too long.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

She's hot, but Jordan Spieth's gf is 10x hotter. Jordan's Spieth's girl is challenging Dufner's ex and Day's wife. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/121182/] [/URL]

Average looks but hopefully a good person. Super hot chix rarely equal stability.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Wow....she does for me. I guess different strokes for different folks. Maybe I just like them young (well old enough young). I think she's like only 19.

I'd take Jordan's girl over Rickie's. Stickly/skeletal bodies kind of gross me out. I'd take Dufner's ex over both of them. She has a little bit more meat on her bones.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I'd take Jordan's girl over Rickie's. Stickly/skeletal bodies kind of gross me out. I'd take Dufner's ex over both of them. She has a little bit more meat on her bones.

Agreed x 1000

I thought the absence of wall to wall commercials was one of the best parts of the telecast. Turns out, a record number of shots were shown. Hope this is the start of a trend, because I rarely watch regular events, even dvr'd, because of ads.

http://www.classictvsports.com/2015/05/shot-chart-from-nbc-sunday-players.html

Agree. No disrespect to Fox who I'm confident will do a good job with the US Open, but I'm really going to miss NBC doing it. I think they are the best of the networks covering golf. I love Dan Hicks and Johnny Miller together and I think Mark Rolfing and Roger Maltbie are two of the best on-course reporters. Gary Koch is really good, too. Only thing I won't miss is Peter Jacobsen. Not a fan of him. Wasn't a fan of Faxon, either, but now he works for Fox. But NBC always seemed to cover the Open well in the Final Rounds.

Agree. No disrespect to Fox who I'm confident will do a good job with the US Open, but I'm really going to miss NBC doing it. I think they are the best of the networks covering golf. I love Dan Hicks and Johnny Miller together and I think Mark Rolfing and Roger Maltbie are two of the best on-course reporters. Gary Koch is really good, too. Only thing I won't miss is Peter Jacobsen. Not a fan of him. Wasn't a fan of Faxon, either, but now he works for Fox. But NBC always seemed to cover the Open well in the Final Rounds.

I like Miller the best - but Koch is on my nerves. Β Might be his southern drawl. Β  I have yet to see FOX mess up their sports coverage - like NFL, MLB, even NASCAR - they always seem to do a good job except sometimes go overboard w/ the use of graphics. Β I'm really looking forward to the US Open - looks like a really interesting course Chambers Bay....used to live up there near Gig Harbor and first started golfing in the area down near Tacoma, Washington.

I like Miller the best - but Koch is on my nerves. Β Might be his southern drawl. Β  I have yet to see FOX mess up their sports coverage - like NFL, MLB, even NASCAR - they always seem to do a good job except sometimes go overboard w/ the use of graphics. Β I'm really looking forward to the US Open - looks like a really interesting course Chambers Bay....used to live up there near Gig Harbor and first started golfing in the area down near Tacoma, Washington.

I think that's my main concern is they'll go overboard with graphics and technology. Sometimes when you do something for the first time you try to be too different and it backfires....like the glowing puck. Golf is one of those sports where I like it more simple rather than going overboard with technology. From what I've seen in the Media Day special, they aren't doing anything that seems too over the top.

WAGs (Wifes & girlfriends) of celebrities are always fun to study. Some players clearly have very stable WAGs and probably have been together for years... way before fame & $$$$. Others it is pretty clear the fame or $$$$ allowed the athlete to get to a new level of WAG. Those are the sad cases where a very supportive WAG was discarded for a flashier new model. Then there are the puzzling 'who would have guessed" WAGs that some how seek out winning players. Dufner's ex clearly must have had a crystal ball when she hooked up with him in college. No way most WAGs would have given him a second look but she saw the potential???Β  The next level are the professional WAGs that always seem to show up on the arm of a winner... sometimes multiple winners in a single season. You can bet many wives tour withΒ  their husbands solely to protect their investment from those professional WAGs.

Driver :T Edge CB-1 or Cally Mini Driver 14* or GBB 11*
Tour Edge CB2 15* 3 wood (Best Club Ever!)

Callaway XR 5Wood (New BCE!)

Hybrids: Nike SQ 23*Β  Tour Edge 28*

Irons: TMade RACΒ  7-PWΒ Β  T Flight 56 SWedge
Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball Blade, SStroke flatside to hole

All three shots on #17 in one .gif

I think Ricky liked the yardage :)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

All three shots on #17 in one .gif

I think Ricky liked the yardage :)

Sweet! Β But now I'm dizzy.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

From Golfweek: Tiger Woods made 18 birdies to Rory McIlroy’s 12. But the game at this level is more about minimizing mistakes, so although McIlroy finished T-8, Woods was miles behind at T-69. That’s because whereas McIlroy made just six bogeys, Woods made 10 bogeys, four doubles and one triple.

[COLOR=222222]From Golfweek: Tiger Woods made 18 birdies to Rory McIlroy’s 12. But the game at this level is more about minimizing mistakes, so although McIlroy finished T-8, Woods was miles behind at T-69. That’s because whereas McIlroy made just six bogeys, Woods made 10 bogeys, four doubles and one triple.[/COLOR]

Wow, that's gotta be close to a record for him in terms of over par holes for a tournament.

Note:Β This thread is 3261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!