IGNORED

2015 The Players Championship DiscussionThread

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 3268 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought women were supposed to have hips.

When those modeling days are over, she will have more curves.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

you can say that again........

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/10/pictures-bikini-model-alexis-randock-rickie-fowler-girlfriend.html

Fowler for the win...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I don't think so personally. He's been a great ambassador for the game to younger fans, I think that's just one of the reasons for the attention. His performance has been stellar since his swing change with Butch. The results weren't wins but you can't overlook his finishes in the majors and OWGR.

He did well at the majors last year, but when I look at this numbers for this year, I see a player who runs hot and cold... again for the attention he gets. But maybe I'm just picky.

PGA TOUR SEASON RESULTS

DATE TOURNAMENT NAME POS
ROUNDS
1 2 3 4 5
TOTAL
SCORE
TO PAR FEDEXCUP
RANK
FEDEXCUP
11/09/14 World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions T3 69 70 69 70 -- 278 -10 29 152
12/07/14 Hero World Challenge T6 67 70 72 68 -- 277 -11 -- --
2/01/15 Waste Management Phoenix Open T46 70 72 72 67 -- 281 -3 64 22
2/08/15 Farmers Insurance Open T61 69 72 72 79 -- 292 4 69 9
3/01/15 The Honda Classic T41 70 73 70 71 -- 284 4 93 29
3/08/15 World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship T12 68 77 71 72 -- 288 E 66 62
3/22/15 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard T29 71 71 70 69 -- 281 -7 67 40
4/05/15 Shell Houston Open 71 69 69 77 76 -- 291 3 78 1
4/12/15 Masters Tournament T12 73 72 70 67 -- 282 -6 66 65
4/26/15 Zurich Classic of New Orleans CUT 72 68 -- -- -- 140 -4 77 --
5/03/15 World Golf Championships-Cadillac Match Play T9 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 67 68
5/10/15 THE PLAYERS Championship P1 69 69 71 67 -- 276 -12 10 600

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Well, Butch said Rickie was not working hard earlier in the year, and asked him to step it up, and he says Rickie has put in the work lately.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

He played great. Deserves credit for a great week. Seen him on TV this morning and said he laughs at Poll, he should, but as with today's media, dont perform, we want to know why and anything but a win is worthless. That sucks for these rich dudes, but what they have to live with...

The poll is due to Speith if you ask me. It is hard to win, and when you look, and see "what looks like" a laissez Faire reaction each week. People will call you out. We know that if it were 40 years ago and his earnings / Plus endorsments were a total of 2M to date. He would have a much different attitude towards wanting to win.

No one can tell me that you want to win as bad if you DONT need the money. Of course there is the "no proof angle that we get here so much"

There should be a different kind of appriciation for guys that are already rich, don't need the cash and can still go out and prove they have what it takes to win.

I hope he can back it up with another few good weeks. THat way we don't see the lag and no need to prove anything again look...

What a lot of fun to watch this one.

Too bad for Haas to miss those short putts.

this could have been as many as 5 or 6 in a playoff had a few putts fallen

Feeling bad for Sergio - he just doesn't seem to be able to close the deal lately. For that matter - the mindless comments were nuts - at one point while he was waiting and watching - one of the announcers said something like "He looks like he wants a siesta" - CRINGE.......And then some of the shouts from the crowd, I'm pretty ashamed of the fans there.

As for the "over rated" poll question.  It's totally classless.  I wouldn't be surprised if the 'anonymous' poll had just a ton of blanks (refuse to answer) for that question.  With Ricky and Ian getting just a vote or two total.

at least, i'd hope players would simply refuse to answer such a tactless question

Bill - 

• Administrator

Anyone else think it was kinda sh*tty of his mom and girlfriend to leave early when they thought he was out of it?

No. Should they stick around for almost every PGA Tour finish? He was pretty far back.

I think it was his mom and sister that were at the airport.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Anyone else think it was kinda sh*tty of his mom and girlfriend to leave early when they thought he was out of it?

mom and sister

and no

Bill - 

As for the "over rated" poll question.  It's totally classless.  I wouldn't be surprised if the 'anonymous' poll had just a ton of blanks (refuse to answer) for that question.  With Ricky and Ian getting just a vote or two total.

at least, i'd hope players would simply refuse to answer such a tactless question

Agreed,  I'd probably throw a survey in the trash if I came across a question like that.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

• Administrator

Agreed,  I'd probably throw a survey in the trash if I came across a question like that.

Every shot on the PGA Tour makes someone happy. Jealousy is a human emotion. I bet there were lots of people filling in names…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I agree on the fans, no class, it was like a high school cafeteria, no way can this be a major with that kind of riff-raff in the gallery.

Sergio, you just knew he would choke, I think he knew it too, I feel for the guy, as much as I like seeing Fowler win I think I was really rooting for Garcia.

Sergio, you just knew he would choke,

That's a little bit harsh.

He missed a long birdie putt on 17 and a medium length birdie putt on 18.  That's not a choke, that's just getting beat.

It was a great win...His popularity is ahead of his performance.  But im not sure if that means that he is overrated, I don't think that I have heard too many golf people say that he is a top 5 player.  However, he is in the top 10 of the world golf rankings now at #9.  It will be curious to see if this performance...Which coming down the stretch and in extra holes on sunday was very impressive jump starts his season...

That was one of the BEST tournaments I have seen in years. Fowler was unreal. I can not imagine how good that feels; winning right after that survey...good job Rickie

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I agree on the fans, no class, it was like a high school cafeteria, no way can this be a major with that kind of riff-raff in the gallery. Sergio, you just knew he would choke, I think he knew it too, I feel for the guy, as much as I like seeing Fowler win I think I was really rooting for Garcia.

What do you say about the 2002 U.S. Open then?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3268 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!