IGNORED

Post Your "Death Shot" with Pics/Video

CarlSpackler

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

This happened this morning. 993325849_toughlie.thumb.jpg.f9bdeff1049926f2557966fcda4d1598.jpg

The picture doesn't really do it justice. The ball was a solid foot and a half above my feet. As I stood in the bunker. I ended up hitting it about 6 or 7 feet into the bunker. I did get a bogey sand save from there, so pretty good result all things considered. 

If I had to hit that shot…the ball would cheerfully go rolling down that street to the left in the picture.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

This happened this morning. 993325849_toughlie.thumb.jpg.f9bdeff1049926f2557966fcda4d1598.jpg

The picture doesn't really do it justice. The ball was a solid foot and a half above my feet. As I stood in the bunker. I ended up hitting it about 6 or 7 feet into the bunker. I did get a bogey sand save from there, so pretty good result all things considered. 

Makes you wish you were a Lefty. 

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

19 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

If I had to hit that shot…the ball would cheerfully go rolling down that street to the left in the picture.

He he... That's a cart path. Funny.

7 minutes ago, StuM said:

Makes you wish you were a Lefty. 

If only

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

If that was your lie it wouldn’t belong in this topic.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 2 months later...

From yesterday's round. Approach to the green was a little long, and my ball was sitting on the back fringe. Large pile of coyote shit between the hole and my ball. The putt was right to left breaking so luckily my line was maybe 2-3 feet to the right of the turd, and there wasn't much chance of rolling into it, unless I hit a terribly offline putt, or got unlucky with a deflection off a bump in the fringe (which is quite beat up where my ball came to rest).

639734674_Screenshot2021-09-20105235.thumb.png.d194e2d246ee51224b8256141a8cc9d4.png

• Funny 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

1 hour ago, Darkfrog said:

From yesterday's round. Approach to the green was a little long, and my ball was sitting on the back fringe. Large pile of coyote shit between the hole and my ball. The putt was right to left breaking so luckily my line was maybe 2-3 feet to the right of the turd, and there wasn't much chance of rolling into it, unless I hit a terribly offline putt, or got unlucky with a deflection off a bump in the fringe (which is quite beat up where my ball came to rest).

639734674_Screenshot2021-09-20105235.thumb.png.d194e2d246ee51224b8256141a8cc9d4.png

52BBB155-D382-4B96-BC56-A71CF4925A56.gif

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 11 months later...

E23726A4-F229-4926-8243-9B45706017F8.thumb.jpeg.541bd0d6f72f2a255b4e5d64dba4ef9a.jpeg
Picture doesn't show it well but the ball is almost completely below the level of the sand, and in the face of the bunker on a steep upslope with a super awkward stance. For some reason this bunker had a lot of new sand built up against the side where my ball landed, at least 4-6” more built up than the rest of the bunker. Took me one swing to get out of the fried egg lie. Almost stayed out of the bunker but rolled back in still very close to the lip. Second swing to get into the rough just out of the bunker. One more swing to get on the green, and then a 1-putt for double bogey.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

15 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Picture doesn't show it well but the ball is almost completely below the level of the sand, and in the face of the bunker on a steep upslope with a super awkward stance. For some reason this bunker had a lot of new sand built up against the side where my ball landed, at least 4-6” more built up than the rest of the bunker. Took me one swing to get out of the fried egg lie. Almost stayed out of the bunker but rolled back in still very close to the lip. Second swing to get into the rough just out of the bunker. One more swing to get on the green, and then a 1-putt for double bogey.

I would have done just the same, played it unsuccessfully, and then kick myself for not taking Unplayable Ball relief in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

2 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

E23726A4-F229-4926-8243-9B45706017F8.thumb.jpeg.541bd0d6f72f2a255b4e5d64dba4ef9a.jpeg

Love the footprint left there 18" to the right of your ball... (I know it wasn't you)

On 9/20/2021 at 2:03 PM, Darkfrog said:

In these situations, I borrow a buddy's club for clean up duty.

• Funny 1

Brian Kuehn

8 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

For some reason I’m actually pretty good at these.

Oh right, it’s experience 😃

ECA134E5-7D11-4F48-9779-C2C6AB90B981.jpeg

• Funny 3

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I don't have one to share yet...but I like thinking about yours.

There are all sorts of risks no matter which option you choose, and I would have accepted I'm making at least bogey and would be trying to avoid triple. So I would be trying to get on the green in no more than 2, but give myself a chance of getting on in 1 if I'm lucky.

Even chipping backwards, to avoid the risks of the tree AND the pond, still leaves you with a little shot over a bunker.

I think I would have hit toward the bunker and tried to get it to run through the bunker...maybe punch intentionally off the toe or hooded, sort of so it has a chance to scuttle through the sand. Hitting toward the water is just scary because it's easy to hit little shots thin.

Edited by Big Lex

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

IMG_20220922_094020625_HDR.thumb.jpg.d0ffd532df0cdc50072b47794818ff90.jpg

Not sure this is as bad as some of the others on this thread. I had a plugged lie in a very wet greenside bunker on 17 today. 

I was able to knock this out and actually get it to a very makeable distance. I missed the putt though and was happy to settle with a bogey. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• 7 months later...

I started the day with a 300 yard drive… right behind a tree:

92B82068-FAC0-498F-AC0B-5863DEAF0421.jpeg

The green, not pictured, is straight through the tree. Had to chip that out about 45° right onto the fairway.

Closed the day (almost) with another bomb on 17, right behind another tree:

0DE29863-87D4-470C-8796-2DAAA6D5E6CA.jpeg

Managed to hit a 6i chip and run just short of the green past the no carts sign, ended up parring the hole.

A playing partner said to me, “If you move that back I won’t say anything.” To which I responded, “If I don’t try to hit this shot I won’t learn anything.” 😃

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

My Swing Thread

• 1 month later...

Today, I had the luck to push some (3-4 😛) shots into trees and have them not hit anything but a few leaves. 

Then on the 18th hole (9th for the 9 hole round), I got tree karma. After blasting a drive through the fairway, my ball ended up against the lone tree on the right side of the fairway. That tree in the distance is just right of the green, about 30-40 yard short of the green. 

IMG_1765.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: