IGNORED

Share your GAME Golf Comparisons to Similarly Scoring Players

Note: This thread is 2163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
It also shows GIR as 69%, which would put them in the top 30 on Tour and 4 percentage points higher than the Tour average.

Scratch golfers aren't playing courses rated 78.4 or whatever. They're playing courses rated 71 to 74 or so. It's easier to hit greens. Put them on a PGA Tour course and they might hit 7 or 8 GIR.

The sand save one seems off.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Scratch golfers aren't playing courses rated 78.4 or whatever. They're playing courses rated 71 to 74 or so. It's easier to hit greens. Put them on a PGA Tour course and they might hit 7 or 8 GIR.

Yeah gives you an idea of just how good the tour players are.

The sand save one seems off.

I was surprised by the driver distance for the scratch, thought it would be closer to 270-275.

I wonder if the sand saves are off because of frequency. For most of last season my SS % was 60% and better. Not because I am a great bunker player but because I got up and down 2 of 3 times in whatever period I sorted it by and some of it dumb luck. Seems like tour pros are in bunkers all the time, going for par 5's etc.I find sand once every month because I avoid it.

I wonder if the sand saves are off because of frequency. For most of last season my SS % was 60% and better. Not because I am a great bunker player but because I got up and down 2 of 3 times in whatever period I sorted it by and some of it dumb luck. Seems like tour pros are in bunkers all the time, going for par 5's etc.I find sand once every month because I avoid it.

I would expect the sand saves difference to be even greater (with pros being much better).  Since they are in bunkers more often and spend much more time practicing sand shots than even scratch amateurs, I would expect them to be far more proficient at the skills.  And they play out of pristine bunkers all the time, raked to perfection, while the amateurs are dealing with the often poorly kept bunkers typical of public golf courses.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, this is embarrassing. :~(

Better in all categories except FIR and SS and yet at this level.  Le sigh.

Not sure how it my driving distance at 188, though, unless it's counting the times I hit irons off the tee.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Bumping because I linked to this thread in another and I know there are more golfers out there now with GAME Golf units. Post your comparisons here guys!

• 1 month later...

Man, this is embarrassing.

Better in all categories except FIR and SS and yet at this level.  Le sigh.

Not sure how it my driving distance at 188, though, unless it's counting the times I hit irons off the tee.

Thought I'd bump this and update my comparison.

So, really, no changes except I'm putting worse and my driving distance is better, although, I GG tells me I hit it further than 202 on average yet on this part of the site, it says I hit it 202 so, I'm going to default that it takes into account every club you tee off with and, if true, I wish it would change that.

This is a comparison to a 90-95 golfer which my goal was to be one of these when I started this season, and, since my last two rounds were an average of 94.5 (93 & 96), I thought I might be trending in the right direction.  Obviously my GIR needs to improve but I also need to improve my putting and scrambling.

Thought I'd bump this and update my comparison.

So, really, no changes except I'm putting worse and my driving distance is better, although, I GG tells me I hit it further than 202 on average yet on this part of the site, it says I hit it 202 so, I'm going to default that it takes into account every club you tee off with and, if true, I wish it would change that.

This is a comparison to a 90-95 golfer which my goal was to be one of these when I started this season, and, since my last two rounds were an average of 94.5 (93 & 96), I thought I might be trending in the right direction.  Obviously my GIR needs to improve but I also need to improve my putting and scrambling.

Yeah, I think it uses all non-par 3s and doesn't account for any sort of taking-out-mishits adjustment. It has me at 226, which is lowballing me, and I've seen you drive, and there's no way 202 is a useful quantification of your driving stats.

Yeah, I think it uses all non-par 3s and doesn't account for any sort of taking-out-mishits adjustment. It has me at 226, which is lowballing me, and I've seen you drive, and there's no way 202 is a useful quantification of your driving stats.

:banana:

So, if @iacas is accurate in saying that the SS % is off and @mvmac is questioning driver distance for a scratch in their formula and there's some question as to how accurate driving distance is, then I'm not sure how useful this part of GG is.

:banana: So, if @iacas is accurate in saying that the SS % is off and @mvmac is questioning driver distance for a scratch in their formula and there's some question as to how accurate driving distance is, then I'm not sure how useful this part of GG is.

Does that mean I'm actually secretly a great putter too?

Does that mean I'm actually secretly a great putter too?

Oh, that's right, I remember you saying that whoever had the higher putts per hole average was the better putter. :whistle:

Dude, you're killing it in all the important areas.

Note: This thread is 2163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!