IGNORED

Offshore Drills??

Note: This thread is 3270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey fellow golfers! First time post and new member. This site is awesome and has helped me tremendously. (Golf wise and entertainment wise lol) My situation is this, im a ship captain that works offshore and im gone about 28 days and home 14. When im home its always a little rough to start back again but always find my swing after a few days at the range. My hc is about 15-18. What can i do when im on the boat to help me retain my golf swing while no where near a golf course? Miss is typically a hook, if u didnt catch that. I draw the ball with everything but a putter. Any ideas?! Thanks!

Welcome to the forum @CaptHook !

There are lots of drills you can do, but first, can you hit balls into a net?  If so, there are many drill in this thread.

If you posted a video of your swing in the Member Swings section, you could get drills to work on.

If you don't have a net, but can bring a club or two, then you can do simulated hitting drills or mirror work if there is a mirror available.

I swing sometimes just to a mat with a rubber tee in it.  And I do it slowing as described in the thread below.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the reply. No way i could hit into a net on the boat. That would be a dream, as well as a safety issue lol Im offshore now, but as soon as i get home you can bet your putter ill be at the range and posting a video. (2days left! Whoo hoo!!!) I'm sure I could get more specific drills after I post a video. One thing I could get advice for without video is in my backswing, the club kinda bounces at the top. Thought about an early wrist hinge?

Thanks for the reply. No way i could hit into a net on the boat. That would be a dream, as well as a safety issue lol Im offshore now, but as soon as i get home you can bet your putter ill be at the range and posting a video. (2days left! Whoo hoo!!!) I'm sure I could get more specific drills after I post a video.

One thing I could get advice for without video is in my backswing, the club kinda bounces at the top. Thought about an early wrist hinge?

Send us the video in a My Swing thread.  We have great instructors on this site that could better answer your questions.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

@CaptHook Welcome to the site. Look forward to seeing your swing video.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

There's a thread on here about 5 minutes of practice at home a day.  I bet that would be good for you.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

first of all, get your land legs back....you're probably swaying all the time. take the patch off so you can see outta both eyes....and stop using the words fore and aft on the golf course

CLUBS:ping: CART: :sunmountain: DRIVER: :callaway:GOLF BALL: :titleist:

Note: This thread is 3270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!