IGNORED

Check out this kid's swing - A6 and A7. Never seen anything like it before.

Note: This thread is 3264 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

His name is Victor Rodriguez out in CA and is a Miyahara student. I'm pretty sure I don't want to hit 180 yard 8 irons as it would put me in traction, but trying to figure out how this swing works.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You didn't have to tell me he was a Miyahira student and I would have known. All his moves are there. Apparently he's done long drive competitions, but his goal is the PGA Tour.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

His name is Victor Rodriguez out in CA and is a Miyahara student. I'm pretty sure I don't want to hit 180 yard 8 irons as it would put me in traction, but trying to figure out how this swing works.

Try to pause it just before impact.  It works by him having his hands way out in front of his body by impact and he has quite a bit of flex in his left arm as well, shortening the lever.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Try to pause it just before impact.  It works by him having his hands way out in front of his body by impact and he has quite a bit of flex in his left arm as well, shortening the lever.

The swing is built for power. Basically, combine as many ways to generate clubhead speed as you can into a single swing, and you get something like this. Not the best way to play golf, though. I imagine his miss is probably huge and the swing might not do so well from uneven lies.

Kelvin Miyahira's swing theory is based on the idea that the best swing is the one that delivers the most energy to the ball. Great for long driving, but PGA Tour players are there because their swings allow them to get the ball in the hole in the fewest number of strokes.

Couple of videos of him and Gabriel Writer. Pretty cool

I just want to point out something right around the 2:30 mark, where Victor talks about how he made his swing changes. Even a guy that hits the ball as far as he does makes changes by making small swings first, then gradually making them bigger.

Thanks for sharing.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

Yeah, that's pretty extreme.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Yeah, that's pretty extreme.

That is.......interesting. Seems like he's a long drive guy and PGA Tour hopeful. Only scores I could find of him

http://scores.golfweek.com/scores.asp?Action=Player&PlayerID;=70610

https://pgatq.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/pgatq13/event/pgatq1314/contest/1/contestant/5091/scorecard.htm

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I Analyzr'ed it, so here's simultaneous fo & dtl views

Steve

• Administrator

That is.......interesting. Seems like he's a long drive guy and PGA Tour hopeful. Only scores I could find of him

http://scores.golfweek.com/scores.asp?Action=Player&PlayerID;=70610

https://pgatq.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/pgatq13/event/pgatq1314/contest/1/contestant/5091/scorecard.htm

Thanks for sharing.

Long drive and PGA Tour golf are two very different sports.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Its amazing how much his lead foot turns, and he his hitting an iron.

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

Note: This thread is 3264 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!