IGNORED

Snell Golf Ball Member Reviews

Note: This thread is 2387 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-my-tour-ball/reviews/5070

There is my My Tour Ball review.

TL;DR:  Just as good as other premiums and currently quite a bit cheaper.  They are a great value!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-my-tour-ball/reviews/5070

There is my My Tour Ball review.

TL;DR:  Just as good as other premiums and currently quite a bit cheaper.  They are a great value!!

Nice review!   I feel pretty much the same.   It's a great value and just as long as anything else I've hit.   It might stand out to me, but I've hit a couple of real whoppers with them off the tee.   The feel around the greens and how they feel off the putter is important to me.

I can tell the difference between a Callaway Hex Black and a Pro V1.   Much less difference in feel between a Snell, Pro V1 and a Lethal.  The Snell is a better ball, IMO, than the Titleist NXT Tour, which are basically the same price.

—Adam

Question: is there anyone who was usually a Bridgestone e6 and/or B330-RX player who tried the "My Tour" ball? Half the balls I used previously were listed as similar to the "My Tour" and the other half were more similar to the "Get Sum." I *really* liked the Get Sum and I intend to use them more regularly. However, I'm tempted to get a sampler box and try the "My Tour" ball too, since it's listed as similar to the e6 and RX. On the other hand, using a ball that's been working very well for much better players gives me some pause. Should I give the "My Tour" ball a try?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

@Shindig

I wrote reviews on both the new E-6 and My Tour Ball, but can't help out with any on the 330-RX.

I do like and found the Snell and E-6 were very similar in all aspects of my game.

I did find the Snell to have a slightly higher ball flight and also longer on crisp iron shots.

It also was consistently slightly longer on tee shots.

They fit well for players with lower swing speeds, and the Snell will probably be liked by players who like high spin.

If you like the feel of playing a soft cover, then you should try the My Tour Ball.

Club Rat

• Upvote 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Thanks, @Club Rat -- that's exactly what I wanted to know. I think I'll order the 2&2 after all and give the My Tour ball a try.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I would recommend anyone to try the MyTourBall who likes the softer Urethane cover.  This ball stops quickly but doesn't suck back like the pro V1.  I've also noticed that this ball jumps off my hybrids.  I've been playing Springfield G&CC; for just over a year and a half and I can't remember being long more than once on the 185-195 yard Par 3- 13th hole.  I've been over the green three times in the last week with the Snell Ball.  I've had to drop down a club, hitting my 6 hybrid instead of the 5 from the middle of the tee.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I really liked the My Tour Ball also, unfortunately I've had a rough time recently and have lost way too many balls to justify picking more up. Even at the nice low price they are at, it would get expensive at my current lost ball rate. I have one sleeve left that I'm holding on to for when I get back under control and will most likely make this my go to ball at that point.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• 2 months later...
I've been keeping an eye on the reviews for a bit over a month now, and don't see any negative feedback, anywhere. Based on that, I put in an order for the sample pack late last week, and should have them by next weekends' round. Looking forward to giving them a go, and will also post feedback, even though I was not part of the test group.

I've been keeping an eye on the reviews for a bit over a month now, and don't see any negative feedback, anywhere. Based on that, I put in an order for the sample pack late last week, and should have them by next weekends' round.

Looking forward to giving them a go, and will also post feedback, even though I was not part of the test group.

Which ones did you order?

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator
Which ones did you order?

He said the sample pack.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I played 3 mediocre rounds in this weekends Newport Cup with a combination of balls, and then decided to break out the Snell balls for the last two rounds.  I shot two of my best rounds in a long time, and even though I'm not really superstitious, nor do I think any of the premium balls are too terribly different in performance ... I'm going to go somewhat exclusively to Snell for awhile and see how that plays out.

I love these balls.

• Administrator

I love Dean's balls.

That's weird.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I do not see where a Bridgestone e6 and MyTourBall would be remotely similar on short game spin... one has a urethane cover (MTB) and the other does not, and is typically used as a distance ball.

A comparison of similar balls would be the e6 and the GET SUM.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I just bought 5 dozen of the My Tour Ball.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I was really happy with the Get Sum when I used it. I'm currently using up the remainder of my non-Snell balls, and have a sampler pack waiting for me to decide between the two types. I'm planning for that to be my main ball before too long.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 2387 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!