IGNORED

Snell Golf Ball Member Reviews

Note: This thread is 2360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm about to do the same!

Mine arrived while I was a Va Beach and I also bought 3 dozen of the GetSum for my fiancé and one of her friends to try. So ended up with 8 dozen overall. I'm hoping she likes the GetSum as you get them $15 a dozen if you buy 3.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played both balls today, 9 holes each. I was very happy with both balls. My Tour Ball - performed and felt great, from tee to green. I played 8 holes with one ball (lost it in the weeds off the 9th tee) only a very small "rub" (I can't think of what else to call it) on the ball, so very durable as well. It is very comparable to any tour level ball (but more durable). It does not "bite" quite as well as the HEX Black I'm used to playing, but it still seemed very good around the green.***see below*** Get Sum - performed and felt great, tee to green. My tee shots curved a bit less with this ball (which I warmly welcome on a bad day). I would compare this ball to the NXT Tour (which is a ball I play regularly), but I actually like it better (and for half the price if one buys the bulk pack). *** tomorrow night, I'll be at the range where my daughter takes lessons. They have a nice short game area, with all sorts of shots from 50 yards and in. I'm going to spend time playing a few dozen shots with each ball, and will report back.

I've been playing the My Tour Ball for about 2 months now.  Average of 2-3 rounds per week.  I was playing the ProV1.

I really like the ball, it seems to perform as well as the ProV across the range of golf shots.

My only complaint is how well the logo and writing on the ball holds up over the course of a round.  I understand this is only cosmetic but it annoys me.  The ball below was played less then a round and I didn't hit any cart paths, trees or anything.  I've seen this type of wear fairly often.

OK, so I hit the short game practice area tonight. I picked a couple others balls in each comparable ball category. MTB - I compared the MTB to the Callaway HEX Black, and Titleist ProV 1x. All 3 balls were new, right out of their respective sleeves. What differences did I notice? Nothing! I hit all kinds of shots around the green, from 40 yards and in. There were no consistent differences between the three balls that I could tell. Get Sum - I compared the Get Sum to the Callaway Chrome + Soft, and Titleist NXT Tour. All 3 balls were new, right out of their respective sleeves. What did I notice? Only one difference... I was able to get a little better bite with the Get Sum and Callaway Chrome + Soft, vs. the NXT Tour. There you have it, my experience with both Snell balls, for whatever it's worth. My opinion, you're not going to find a better ball for the price within there respective categories. I'm now a new customer!
  • Upvote 1

Rockbottomgolf is carrying the Snell MyTourBall

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/snell-golf-my-tour-balls.html

$26.50/dozen if you buy 6 dozen balls

and the GetSum for $12.50/dozen if you buy 6 dozen

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/snell-golf-get-sum-balls.html

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 2 months later...

I just ordered three more dozen of the my Tour Ball.  I also have got 6 other members to play the My Tour Ball.  For the price, best ball on the market.

-Jerry

1 hour ago, jsgolfer said:

I just ordered three more dozen of the my Tour Ball.  I also have got 6 other members to play the My Tour Ball.  For the price, best ball on the market.

I'm a big fan as well. Tried them both and I will be ordering more. The performance at that price point is awesome.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just got my 3 dozen, but for those who want to stock up, Snell is doing 6 dozen for $157.99, plus free shipping or you can get 6 dozen Get Sum for $75, plus free shipping.

Awesome deal.  I play a weekend group on Saturday and Sunday, and we had 3 foursomes and half of the players were using the MY TOUR Ball.  

-Jerry

• 3 months later...

Love the new smaller and sharper font on the Snell My Tour golf balls.  :beer:

The lettering also seems to take a better beating without rubbing off, at least for the first couple of balls that I've played recently.

-Jerry

The Snell "Get Sum" are awesome, I have to say. My short game isn't very fancy, so I don't mind the lack of spin. Most greens I play on are quite slow so I didn't really miss spin coming from a tour ball, and I have actually been chipping/pitching it closer since changing so it seems to suit my game where I play.

Off the tee is superb. It went toe to toe with my B330's, and I even drove a par 4 green with the Get Sum this past Sunday, and made birdie. "Get sum of that!" My dad was pretty impressed.

Only thing I will say is that a couple weeks ago the wind was very strong. Something like 30-40 mph I remember guys saying. It was a nightmare for me. I don't blame the ball, as I just gotta work on my punch shots...but it was awfully terrible conditions for my skill level. 

Still, I strongly recommend the Get Sum for $12.50/doz if you buy in bulk. Outside of fast greens perhaps, I could see anyone gaming this ball. Big thanks to this site for bringing it to my attention.

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard good things about both balls. What makes them so good for the price that they are? I mean there are other $26-$35 a dozen balls, but most of the people who have played say the MyTours are similar to tour quality. And the GetSum balls are better than some of the balls more expensive than the price point they're at...

Do you guys who reviewed each model of the Snell ball, think I would notice a big difference from my Staff Duo?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

18 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

I've heard good things about both balls. What makes them so good for the price that they are? I mean there are other $26-$35 a dozen balls, but most of the people who have played say the MyTours are similar to tour quality.

They are tour ball quality. They compete very well versus Pro-V1's, B330's, and any other $40+ dollar golf ball. As long as they keep selling them at the bulk rate of $27 per dozen for 6 dozen I will buy these golf balls. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Noles20 said:

Sounds like I may need to give these a try.  Are they available in any stores?

I don't think so. They're built on the "buy direct" model.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They now offer a yellow version of the Get Sum ball.  I'm starting to become tempted to try playing yellow balls, which I've never done.  If/when they come out with yellow in the MTB, I might snag some.

On 4/5/2016 at 5:57 PM, Golfingdad said:

They now offer a yellow version of the Get Sum ball.  I'm starting to become tempted to try playing yellow balls, which I've never done.  If/when they come out with yellow in the MTB, I might snag some.

I have a buddy of mine who loves the MyTour ball but now is on a Yellow Ball only kick.  So he is playing the new Chrome soft.  I think @iacas said in another post that it was unlikely that the MTB would come in Yellow.

-Jerry

Note: This thread is 2360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!