IGNORED

Can u believe? 6 shanks in a row.

Note: This thread is 3235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't feel bad, my second yr of golf i was playing high 90's. Was hitting balls at the range one day, and Boo Weekley sets up behind me. I was shanking EVERY shot. Embarrassing to say the least, but the great thing was, he actually gave me a 15 min lesson and cured them. Super laid back down to earth guy!

Don't feel bad, my second yr of golf i was playing high 90's. Was hitting balls at the range one day, and Boo Weekley sets up behind me. I was shanking EVERY shot. Embarrassing to say the least, but the great thing was, he actually gave me a 15 min lesson and cured them. Super laid back down to earth guy!

Come on then, spill the beans, what did he tell you to do?!

I have had the shanks recently, on short pitches. I have to remember to stand a bit further from the ball as comfort zone has me standing too near.

Lol no big secret really. Then, i was pulling the club way inside. So he said STRAIGHTER back, not straight back. He also changed my grip so i could hing properly. (Stronger but not as strong as his) That was my problem then. Now if i catch a lil episode of shanks, it's because I'm reaching for the ball and falling forward in the downswing. Thats just me though. Like someone else said, there's a lot of diff causes.

Another tid bit that works for me if im shanking chips is i stand CLOSER to the ball, which makes me stand a lil taller. Triceps touch my chest. Im also about a 15 hc so take it with a grain of salt

Note: This thread is 3235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!