IGNORED

What will you watch more of? Wentworth or Colonial. *VOTE*

Crim
Note: This thread is 3230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What tournament will you be watching.

• Mainly the BMW Championship (Wentworth)
    • Mainly the Crowne Plaza Invitational (Colonial)
    • A little bit of both

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody's going to be watching Rory this weekend. The boy pooped the bed today.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

After Tiger's 12 years of consistency, Rory's inconsistency is why you see these threads pop us about him being "overrated."

And I think any #1 is doomed by Tiger's legacy, unless it's Tiger, of course. And even then, they will say "old Tiger" and "new Tiger."

Rory finishes +5 in a tourney he won last year ... probably fatigue after several weeks of play and a couple of wins. It happens ... happened to Spieth.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After Tiger's 12 years of consistency, Rory's inconsistency is why you see these threads pop us about him being "overrated."

And I think any #1 is doomed by Tiger's legacy, unless it's Tiger, of course. And even then, they will say "old Tiger" and "new Tiger."

Rory finishes +5 in a tourney he won last year ... probably fatigue after several weeks of play and a couple of wins. It happens ... happened to Spieth.

Fatigue had to play a part. Four tournaments in a row, one of those tournaments in which he played 7 rounds in 5 days, two cross country trips and another trip overseas. That's insane. And he's playing next week. I watched him play yesterday and he just didn't look motivated to be there.

Rory's not as inconsistent over the last year as he was earlier on in his career. Really since the BMW last year, he's contended in most every tournament. He has a blip on the radar here or there, but it's been better. People want to compare him to Phil, but Rory at his best is more like Tiger than Phil. And over the last year, he's brought his best a lot more.

Over the last year in his 23 tournaments, he has 7 wins and 17 finishes in the top-10 and 13 in the top-5. That's pretty close to consistent. Maybe not as consistent as Tiger in his prime, but closer than people realize.

I agree with the above. However I also think the European tour events don't really excite mcilroy like the pga events. Seems far more motivated in America. I followed him for a few holes on the first day and it just seemed like he was playing a bounce game with Donaldson. They looked like they were having a laugh but not a lot of focus there.

Spietg contending again...what else is new. Will give me something to watch tomorrow at least. Good thing with Rory and Spieth in contention every week is it has people tuned in. Bad news is we are getting spoiled. It's like Tiger in his prime....if he wasn't on the leaderboard, the interest level was ho-hum. Starting to feel that same way again.

Had my first opportunity to "sleep in" today in what seems like months........I am a US west coast guy and was up at 6 am watching the BMW.....just love this tournament for some reason

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Had my first opportunity to "sleep in" today in what seems like months........I am a US west coast guy and was up at 6 am watching the BMW.....just love this tournament for some reason

:beer:

First off: Does anyone get more hole outs then Jimenez!? It's like he's required to have at least one outside of 100 yards per tournament. BTW he got ANOTHER hole in one.

There's a bunch of people over-par today, like ugly, Brooks Koepka shot a real ugly +7.

However, Darren F'ing Clarke shot a 66 already today. Nice round.

The top of the leaderboard should be teeing off soon.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Colonial -- rained most of the night, hard, and is supposed to end within 15 minutes. I am 35 mi east of Ft. Worth and it rained all night and is coming down hard at the moment. Radar looks to have it clearing for the day.

Dallas is the new Seattle

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Colonial -- rained most of the night, hard, and is supposed to end within 15 minutes. I am 35 mi east of Ft. Worth and it rained all night and is coming down hard at the moment. Radar looks to have it clearing for the day. Dallas is the new Seattle

Yep, miserable. I am impressed with the drainage at Colonial, however. I think they'll get it in today, after a late start. Hope Jordan can go low.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Chris Wood just won a car!!! That hole in one brings him to Tied 3rd.

The youngest US Amateur winner Byeong Hun An is destroying Wentworth, 3 stroke lead now.

Joel Holden

I had a few quid on Fleetwood and jimenez. Just hoping for a place now

Jimenez playing lights out on the back nine! 3 birdies in a row. Now -5 on the day, 15 under, still four back unfortunately.

Joel Holden

New tournament record attendance at Wentworth of 113,640. That's healthy.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Note: This thread is 3230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!