Sign in to follow this  
Crim

What will you watch more of? Wentworth or Colonial. *VOTE*

Note: This thread is 1869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What tournament will you be watching.

• Mainly the BMW Championship (Wentworth)
    • Mainly the Crowne Plaza Invitational (Colonial)
    • A little bit of both

83 posts / 4127 viewsLast Reply

I dunno about that, I kind of doubt that a non-golf fan would be able to tell you how many Majors Jack has won, or even Tiger for that matter.  If I were to ask a non-hockey fan who has won the most cups, I'm sure a fairly decent amount would know it's the Montréal Canadiens, but ask them how many, not likely to know the number, even in Montréal. I'd even go as far as to say that most non-golf fans would assume that Tiger has won more majors.

I think people who know sports but don't necessarily follow golf would know. I hate the NBA and don't follow it but know MJ has six rings. Just one of those numbers in sports that most knowledgable in sports would know. At least I would think. I could be wrong.

Forever winless on the PGA Tour.

Perhaps that is why he ducked the big guys at Wentworth to play in an opposite field event in Texas. He has to try everything.

Perhaps that is why he ducked the big guys at Wentworth to play in an opposite field event in Texas. He has to try everything.

lmao at using the term "opposite field" event to reference Colonial.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think people who know sports but don't necessarily follow golf would know. I hate the NBA and don't follow it but know MJ has six rings. Just one of those numbers in sports that most knowledgable in sports would know. At least I would think. I could be wrong.

This is only anecdotal but before I started playing and getting into golf, I could tell you who had won the most majors but not how many.

That is a really cool trophy.

Think so? I think it looks like part of a column from a BMW dealership. Or like it should have a bottle of an expensive micro-distilled vodka inside of it.

Think so? I think it looks like part of a column from a BMW dealership. Or like it should have a bottle of an expensive micro-distilled vodka inside of it.

Ha, I was just thinking it looked like there might be a bottle of Talisker in there.

Ha, I was just thinking it looked like there might be a bottle of Talisker in there.

LOL ... you're right.  I just like that it's different.  And if all else was equal, I think I'd rather that trophy on my shelf than a tablecloth from an Italian restaurant hanging in my closet.

Note: This thread is 1869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!