IGNORED

How To Improve My Handicap in 21 Days...

Note: This thread is 2719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think I have identify, with the help of my teacher, my priority piece. I move fordward my head on the downswing.Doing thi movement, it´s impossible to hit good drives. Whit the shorter clubs, you can make some not bad strikes, but with the longer ones, it´s really hard. So, this is what I must fix the first. I´m happy, because I think this is the most important flaw I have to fix and we have discovered it!!

:-$

:nike:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yesterday I was hitting balls, and with my driver, my biggest issue is to move the head fordward at the beginning of the down swing... Also I noticed yesterday that I was shorten my left arm a lot, at the impact and after... What´s the best drill to avoid the chiken wing ? I would repeat it million times just to get rid of it !!

You luck with your challenge...

And this drill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4QOuP15wWA beginning at minute 2:20 might be another good one to make you happy... (extending arms after impact).

You luck with your challenge...

And this drill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4QOuP15wWA beginning at minute 2:20 might be another good one to make you happy... (extending arms after impact).

Than you! I think it´s one of the biggest problems I have now !!

I played a tournament last weekend, and was not good. I´m concentrating all my efforts with the driver, and I´m forgetting my putt and irons. I hit terrible shots with my irons last tournament over the fairway, however I think it was due to I was making a poor alignment and bad grip, because of my nerves...

Yesterday went to the range, and the feelings were good. Not fantastic, but good overall. I hit some nice 5i!

Anyway, coming back to the driver, I know that if I were able to hit it properly, 200 yards and straight, I will drop a lot of strikes. A lot. So keep working with this special club. Also I´m going to get a new driver, with a regular shaft (I have 85 swing speed), and easier than the one I own now. I like the Cobra Fly Z, but have to test it.

I´ve chosen also two great putting exercises, just to improve in the green, and practising my downswing with the hips. All count.

Any comments are well received.

Keep working...

If golf was that easy, we all would have a single handicap...

Did you film yourself swinging (I did not search the forum)? I would suspect you hit the ground often before the ball (hitting it fat). With a 85mph driver swing speed you might be flipping your wrists, too.

Do the above exercises until you see your chicken wing disapear and extend your arms properly. There are a lot of good videos from those two guys on youtube.

Check out a golf trainer for a quick fix, but you might find http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/ or a 5SK certified golf pro a better long term deal. Oh, did I mention Aimpoint...?

Keep on hacking...

If golf was that easy, we all would have a single handicap...

Did you film yourself swinging (I did not search the forum)? I would suspect you hit the ground often before the ball (hitting it fat). With a 85mph driver swing speed you might be flipping your wrists, too.

Do the above exercises until you see your chicken wing disapear and extend your arms properly. There are a lot of good videos from those two guys on youtube.

Check out a golf trainer for a quick fix, but you might find http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/ or a 5SK certified golf pro a better long term deal. Oh, did I mention Aimpoint...?

Keep on hacking...

Why ??

:-\

Aye, I am working on my chicken wing, hope it´ll disappear soon !

Get a video - without one you do not see improvement. Getting rid of a chicken wing might be done in five minutes, or five months. Bad things tend to stick or show up again when you work on other things. Give yourself time to improve. For your challenge you might go hunt for quick fixes. Better ask a seasoned golf pro than try to hunt for snippets here and there.

Shoot a video and open up a My Swing thread in the member swings forum. You get quick help there. Otherwise it is hard to help you on the forum.

And an in-person golf lesson might give you the best quick fix for better drives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilez

This should have been done the day he started the thread.

What a scolding !

Not a scolding, but a strongly worded recommendation. :-D

Actually, when you start a thread like this one, it helps you to have all your current stats in the beginning (and a swing video). Then you (and we) can compare them all as you progress.

At this point the thread title is incorrect, you might consider merging it into the " 5 " thread?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I´ve played the last two days, and the sensations were good. I was striking my irons really good, with great distance. Maybe, I was not putting so well as I usually do, that´s why I made 33 and 34 points. The driver was not bad at all, and I did some really nice shots with it... I think, I still have to manage my game better, just to choose what type of shot play in every moment, because sometimes the wrong choice, cost me a lot. Next time I play I will pay more attention to this point, and  think I´m able to make 4 or 5 strokes less with a good strategy. Many times I want to do the nicest shot, and this is definitely dangerous.

Today I will practice my putt, aproach and keep fighting with my driver...

I´d like to ask you a quick question: I know for sure that it´d better for me a driver with a regular shaft...(instead of the stiff I own now). My swing speed its about 85. So, I think the Driver Cobra Fly Z will fit me well, and I think the stock regular shaft would be right... Do you think, it´s so important to search for any other shafts or there will be no a lot of difference??

I´ve played the last two days, and the sensations were good. I was striking my irons really good, with great distance. Maybe, I was not putting so well as I usually do, that´s why I made 33 and 34 points. The driver was not bad at all, and I did some really nice shots with it... I think, I still have to manage my game better, just to choose what type of shot play in every moment, because sometimes the wrong choice, cost me a lot. Next time I play I will pay more attention to this point, and  think I´m able to make 4 or 5 strokes less with a good strategy. Many times I want to do the nicest shot, and this is definitely dangerous.

Today I will practice my putt, aproach and keep fighting with my driver...

I´d like to ask you a quick question: I know for sure that it´d better for me a driver with a regular shaft...(instead of the stiff I own now). My swing speed its about 85. So, I think the Driver Cobra Fly Z will fit me well, and I think the stock regular shaft would be right... Do you think, it´s so important to search for any other shafts or there will be no a lot of difference??

Are you sure about your swing speed?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Totally. My teacher used trackman some days ago. Since I started playing golf, I had a very smooth speed, maybe too. I´m trying to change it now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Totally. My teacher used trackman some days ago. Since I started playing golf, I had a very smooth speed, maybe too. I´m trying to change it now.

You need to try different shafts to see which one gives you the straightest and longest shots.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Re-reading the LSW book, and trying to apply every little thing it preachs.

I realized that I´m centering all my efforts now on improving my driver since it´s my biggest drawback (that´s for sure), but I need not to forget my putt. I´ve made some 3 putts the last times I played, and this is not good... So, I have to add putting exercises to my routine...

Today I´m going to test a SLDR with the regular stock shaft, which surely will feel better than my actual stiff shaft...

Note: This thread is 2719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!