IGNORED

How To Improve My Handicap in 21 Days...

Note: This thread is 2713 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Reading again the chapter nº 12 of LSW, analysing it carefully, and trying to hit my driver better... I´m hitting it too high, and when I try to hit it farther, the ball slices... It´s difficult. I´m trying to do exercises at home just to engage the correct moment to have a good swing path , because I think it´s my biggest problem right now. I do too much force with my right arm, and this is the reason why I´m cutting the ball, slicing it and loosing distance. Making swings just with my left arm, I think it´s a good idea...

:nike:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Do a video and look where you loose your "angles" - elbow or wrist. Really, shoot a video. Best advice to speed up the learning process. Start to own your swing...

Thank you.

I have a question: I know that practise in my living room is definitely good for my swing. However, I don´t know exactly what exercises will help me most. What do you think are the best things I can do in my room to fix my chicken wing and coming over the top???

Well, are you really having a chicken wing and are coming over the top?

Do a vid. Really. Every phone has a video mode, some shoot 60 frames per second which is preferable, 30 or even 24 are better than nothing.

Either do what the Pro says (search above for "stupid monkey") or do a video of your swing to get the right advice.

Best,

H.

Last tournament was good, with 40 points. However, I made 3 cases of 3 putts... If I want to reach the single digits, it´s a must to avoid this 3 putts. In order to practise the long putts (is where I miss the hole most), I´ve read this drill:

On a practice green, hit 10 putts from 25 to 35 feet in length to different holes—say, three from 25 feet, four from 30 feet, and three from 35 feet. Switch up the distances and combine a mix of uphill, downhill and sidehill putts. Give yourself one point for each putt that finishes within three feet of the hole, and subtract one point for each putt that finishes outside of three feet. As the name suggests, 10 is a perfect score, but don't expect to reach such lofty lag-putting heights. I've found that 90-shooters average a score of zero, 80-shooters average two points, and Tour pros typically score five points. My advice: Simply try to improve on your score.

What do you think about it?? Do you know other better drill??

Last tournament was good, with 40 points. However, I made 3 cases of 3 putts... If I want to reach the single digits, it´s a must to avoid this 3 putts. In order to practise the long putts (is where I miss the hole most), I´ve read this drill:

On a practice green, hit 10 putts from 25 to 35 feet in length to different holes—say, three from 25 feet, four from 30 feet, and three from 35 feet. Switch up the distances and combine a mix of uphill, downhill and sidehill putts. Give yourself one point for each putt that finishes within three feet of the hole, and subtract one point for each putt that finishes outside of three feet. As the name suggests, 10 is a perfect score, but don't expect to reach such lofty lag-putting heights. I've found that 90-shooters average a score of zero, 80-shooters average two points, and Tour pros typically score five points. My advice: Simply try to improve on your score.

Even John Daly advocates practicing 3 foot putts until you're pretty bulletproof at it.

3 putts are always possible like if you land a green from 100 feet away for whatever reason. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I don't know if its a better drill... I use 2 balls. Spread them out 3 feet or whatever. Putt one ball into the other so that it hits it squarely. If you can do that consistently, you can make 3 footers.

Just a bit sad about my game. My driver slices again, and thus is really tough to make a good result. Furthermore, it seems like I´m loosing my touch with my irons, I think that my driver is making me paying less attention to my irons game, but yes, I feel like also I don´t strike the ball as good as a did no much time ago.

And going back to my driver, just when I think I was starting to learn how to hit it, I go back to my old habbits, and the dreadful slice is back...

Sometimes I feel that I´m not going to play well never in my life.

• Administrator

Just a bit sad about my game. My driver slices again, and thus is really tough to make a good result. Furthermore, it seems like I´m loosing my touch with my irons, I think that my driver is making me paying less attention to my irons game, but yes, I feel like also I don´t strike the ball as good as a did no much time ago.

And going back to my driver, just when I think I was starting to learn how to hit it, I go back to my old habbits, and the dreadful slice is back...

Sometimes I feel that I´m not going to play well never in my life.

At the end of the day, @Jameson , I think people have asked you repeatedly to post a Member Swing thread with video. You've not done so, IIRC, and that is making it awfully difficult to help you. There's only so much you can do relying on what someone else thinks they're doing in their golf swing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yesterday practice was real good. I realized that I need to tee my ball higher with the driver, this helps me a lot to fix my slice. And, I´m going to identify every week one exercise to sitck with, and change it the next week if I feel confident with it. So, now my biggest problem is the path, and to fix it I think one great drill is to put a wood cover beside the ball, and avoiding hitting it... It´s simple, but definitely great.

Yesterday practice was real good. I realized that I need to tee my ball higher with the driver, this helps me a lot to fix my slice. And, I´m going to identify every week one exercise to sitck with, and change it the next week if I feel confident with it. So, now my biggest problem is the path, and to fix it I think one great drill is to put a wood cover beside the ball, and avoiding hitting it... It´s simple, but definitely great.

[quote name="xilez" url="/t/82195/how-to-improve-my-handicap-in-21-days/126#post_1180423"]Or you could just post a video of your swing.  [/quote] Teeing up higher rarely fixes a slice, hence, the request for a swing video.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Teeing up higher rarely fixes a slice, hence, the request for a swing video.

jajaja, Lihu, all your comments to me seems to be a wee angry :loco: !! anyway I know you do it with good intention! maybe we could play a round someday !! ;-)

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/82195/how-to-improve-my-handicap-in-21-days/126#post_1180430"] Teeing up higher rarely fixes a slice, hence, the request for a swing video.[/QUOTE] jajaja, Lihu, all your comments to me seems to be a wee angry :loco:  !! anyway I know you do it with good intention! maybe we could play a round someday !! ;-)

Forgot the :-X glib face. :-D Sure, IDK where you are located, but sure. :-)

• Upvote 1

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Can we just delete this thread until he posts a swing video?

:cry:

So, how did you do in reducing your handicap by 2 points....?  Been more than 21 days...

Work, train, read, watch videos, ask questions.

Note: This thread is 2713 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!