IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (June 2015)

Note: This thread is 3219 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did shortened swings at the range this evening with my son before my flight. Didn't lose any distance. Just gained accuracy. . .hmmm Hit 150 balls full swing with no real effort. . . Double hmmm

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Played 18 today. Continued to focus on backswing and feeling more upright (head not moc8ng down).

Short shot setup and swing at home; not much past A2. Didn't hit a ball.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Just did 5 minutes this morning going back to full swing mechanics, slow, and deliberate working on laying the shaft down and making sure my wrist is bowed.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Spent 15 minutes working the back swing to A4 and then the proper downswing sequence.  Mostly slow swings with stops at different positions.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

20 minutes working on achieving a correct shoulder turn/ centered pivot.

Chris.:roll:

Practiced flattening the club in transition outside with a club. I think I finally made a break through on what it should feel like for me, now to ingrained it.

15 minutes at the range working on full swing and pitch shots before playing 18.

Matt

More slow partial swing in Airplane. Found a corner where I could make parts of the swing.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Did some indoor backswing work and putting. Also did some pitching practice with out a ball. Just getting the feel of softer arms, and brushing the carpet.

The heavens opened up right after work with some pretty heavy rain and lighting.

I also wanted to give my left hand a break from hitting so many golf balls. The area around the calluses are getting sore.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

20 mins of putting on my living room while watching super troopers. I make a gate with two golf balls a little wider than my putter head. Then make sure I can hit putts two handed, left handed, and right handed without hitting the gate.

6/8/15: 15 minutes with the Driver... Trying to make more solid contact, busted the last three around 280... With a slight fade...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

5 minutes of slow practice swings. Working on right elbow location.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Worked with my driver into the net for 30 minutes today. I hit it all over the face so I sprayed it with foot powder and took some full swings first to see where I was hitting it most often and it was on the heel. So I did some small swings feeling like I was trying to hit it off the toe. Started finding the sweet spot more often but still not great. Got the drill from a video with Mark Crossfield and a couple other instructors who's names I can't remember.

Pitching and chipping practice in the backyard hitting into a large bucket. Plus a few full swings without a ball.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Putting on the board.  Adjusted my stance to get a better arm hang.  Much easier to simply rock the shoulders.  10 in a row straight down the ruler.  Indoor swings.  1/2 and 3/4.  Hip shift/turn.  20 minutes total.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Note: This thread is 3219 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!