IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (June 2015)

Note: This thread is 3218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went to the gym and did 10 minutes on my swing. I've got two new things to work on from my Evolvr lesson.  First, banking the right foot during the downswing to help close the knees better.  Second, keeping my arm speed slower from A4 to 5.  My instructor wants me to keep the same speed from A1 to 4 and onto 5, then accelerate until my right arm straightens, ~A8. Then let the pivot overtake the arm speed to finish better.

I tried this with an iron and 3W.  For the banking, I used the thought in this 5SK video below.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

120 min driving range. Four 5 minute drill swings.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Travelling today. 5 minutes practice of the full swing in the hotel room mirror. Keys #1 & 2.

Chris.:roll:

Worked on putting. Distance control the theme of the day

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Spent about 10 minutes working on the same thing, bowing the wrist and laying the shaft down. I'm hoping to try this with a ball at the range next week.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Morning regimen of nerve flossing (fascia release) and core strengthening exercises and nightly regimen of swinging Gold Flex and then a E4 (I swing D4) weighted club to condition shoulder / upper torso.  Focus on using swinging weighted club to achieve low tension at top of backswing...pause....and downswing (3 times each) at 25% then 50%, 75% and 90% holding finish position.  Swinging at a tempo at 25% and 50% requires a conscious effort and allows to focus on nuances of swing I want to address (i.e. weight transfer and hip via momentum on backswing, bowing of wrist, etc.).  In addition, I do a hip turn drill.  This takes more like 15 minutes but I believe it's comprehensive enough to supplement a more comprehensive MWF regimen of fitness exercises designed to strengthen core and reduce stress on lower back.

Hit a bucket at the range today.  Still working on laying the shaft down at the start of the downswing.

Mirror work. Holy [redacted] did I ever let some things get away from me in the past two weeks. Today's evolvr response is going to put me back on the right track. Going to work really hard over the next few days just to get back to where I was.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

5 minutes of indoor swings before my lesson.  Video 7i and 5h, after warmup swing.  Worked on hip slide/turn.  Putted at end of lesson, 15' putts.  Really good distance control.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

6/17/15: 5 minutes working on my release with my spatula at work...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Forgot to post last night. Posted the video in my swing thread #Evidence :)

Did some slow motion swings working on the flattening of the club at the top of the swing then getting my right shoulder more stacked over the ball at impact.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Spent 10 minutes this morning working on my two new pieces in front of the mirror at the gym.  Tempo piece, slower from A1- A5, then accelerate to A8 then let the pivot take over, seemed to help a bit in yesterday's round.  I was better off the tee with only one hook.  I think I rush myself a bit at times and need to use this "dance move" mentality to calm things on the tee.  I am better at keeping a smooth tempo on the fairway and in the rough.

Another 9 tonight in my league.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 Minutes of using iPad as a mirror at the range. Did about 50 drill swings on the range.

Definitely was coming OTT, yesterday. Played a round with my son last night on a par 3. Fixed the OTT move there.

Hit a lot of balls this morning to make sure I got rid of the OTT feeling, and hit a lot of draws just to be sure. Then opened up the face for proper shots.

Hit a lot of 9i today. Tried the "high hands" finish to see if I can improve the trajectory. It works pretty well, and can also be exaggerated. Can change the 9i distance and trajectory by about +/-10 yards or so. Not consistent, obviously, but I can see the difference in flight and spin.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I am already out for this month, but I worked on some slow practice swings today.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I am already out for this month, but I worked on some slow practice swings today.

Same here, but I'm into this for the practice and the benefit of the practice as opposed to just a badge. Keep on doing. . . :beer:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!