IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (June 2015)

Note: This thread is 3192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Worked on my mapping drill for 5 mins or so today after work.  I might try and hit a few balls later tonight buy I kinda pulled a muscle in my neck/shoulder so Im not sure how many times  I can swing a club.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another "5 minutes" devoted to putting stroke. Trying to get the "pendulum" by loosening my grip.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

A bit rainy out so I did some backswing mirror work in the living room.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Started as 5, ended up being 30 minutes mapping with a short weighted club and trying to translate the feels to a 7 iron.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Range today, with balls. Working on transition feeling. Tried working without hitting balls, but I couldn't get a good feeling out of it, so I went to the range and hit balls, trying the transition feeling with my wrists.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Full range practice + 2 rounds (one from championship & another from men's tee).

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I just spent 10 minutes practising my putting stroke on my carpet at home.

I tried to do two things: to make a consistent speed stroke, and to keep my eyes focused only on the intended point of contact with the ball during the stroke.

On and off over five hours - probably for a total sum of 45 minutes of mirror work working on standing more upright in the backswing, and the feel of pulling the left arm through impact to get a better impact position.

Today I spent 10 mins working on my shoulder turn and not moving forward in my down swing.  I took my swings at 10 percent while watching them in the mirror.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Under the wire, 5 minutes in front of a mirror. Worked on keeping my head steady during the hip turn

I did about 20 minutes of mirror work. I worked mostly on getting my hands out further from A5 to 6 to help get my right elbow out in front.  I also added more shoulder/hip rotation from A7 to 9.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 minutes with driver in front of mirror. Takeaway and downswing transition. Finally got a "classic" swing finish on the course today, it was a really cool feeling. It was totally smooth and relaxed with no "pressure points" in the body with the club gently resting to the classic finish. For once, I did not feel like the finish was "pushed to the limit". Going to practice this a lot more.

3W on the one hole I used it on was pretty disappointing. I used a 4i from the trees with longer distances.

Shot a decent practice round today. Felt bad it didn't count.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Working on a slightly more upright stance to help my pivot along with the usual flatter left wrist move.

Matt

Saw Mike's post about placing ball forward for pitching and checked my pitching form.  Practiced chipping/pitching with the thought in mind.  No adjustment was needed but gave me a chance to make sure.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!