IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (June 2015)

Note: This thread is 3192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

went to the range, worked on my downswing stuff

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Indoor practice.  Backswing.  Take it back and hold, repeat.  1/2, 3/4 and full swings.  Hip slide/turn.  Keep left elbow soft, fold arms in follow through, no chicken wing.  20 minutes total.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Hit some balls into the net. Getting the club working up the plane more, need a lot more work on getting it to shallow out consistently into the downswing.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Oh boy. Today felt like a victory and a defeat at the same time. Sometimes on the same shot. If you looked at my "my swing" thread for the latest video, you might have noticed that I messed up some things that I had previously done well. That's frustrating, but my evolvr instructor pointed these out to me and reminded me how to get them right. Some of that was the focus of my mirror work the past two days. Today I got to the range... not just any range, my favorite range (COD in Palm Desert). When I got there, no one else was on the range. I practiced some half shots to make sure I wasn't overswinging early, and got those down. Then, one of the goals from my lesson was to be able to tee up a ball a little bit and hit it with a SLOW full swing with a 7-iron and only send it 75 yards. I don't think I got it under 100. I hit several as slow as I could seemingly do so. Some of them were ... ahem, snap fades. I don't know what's up with that. But the vast, vast majority were beautiful. I felt like I was swinging slowly, I thought it would be 100 yards at most, but no, way too many high draws out to the 150 marker. On one hand, that should be a victory: hitting great shots again. On the other hand, it's not what I think I was supposed to achieve. Unless the "hit it 75 yards only" was supposed to be a swing thought and not an actual result. :hmm: I'll ponder it before heading out tomorrow to try again.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Hit balls today, working on the downswing stuff.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

LAPD and some actors took over the course and range today. Hope they have/had a good round, they deserve a nice day out.

Ate breakfast and went to work for a couple hours.

Did 5 minutes mirror work at home. Went to another range in south Arcadia. 20 drill swing.

Did a bunch more interspersed with normal shots and am hoping that I am getting more in sequence. I took a whole bunch of video, and saw some improvements. The main issue is as Mike concluded that I am out of sequence. If my hips turn first taking the shoulders and arms with them I hit some pretty nice shots and am not noticeably OTT.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Hit the range for a good hour+ of practice on a nice cool morning (seriously, I think the temperature stayed double digits). Hit some beautiful shots, too, and got some video showing that I'm over-swinging a bit. I think I've got the lag piece better, but I'm going too far back. I'll do some more practice tonight I'm sure, and plenty more tomorrow and this week.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Went to the range and worked on my drills. I also worked on a feel to flatten the shaft at A5. The feel is more having the butt of the club point outside the ball at A5 and right of the target at A6. Couple that with the elbow work, and I think I have a repeatable swing feel. I will film it in a day or two.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

15 minutes practice in the back yard, working on the centered hip turn drill.

Chris.:roll:

Putting ... while waiting to get fit for my putter

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Practice swings in the yard. Working on right elbow position.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Today's focus was back on the full swing. I would have liked for the bowing of the wrist and laying of the shaft to feel more natural doing it slowly and deliberately but that is not the case so more of that until it does.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

A few with the swing fan.  Indoor back swing, hold.  Indoor 1/2, 3/4. full.  Brushing the carpet very nicely.  Good weight transfer and no tension in arms.  Good practice session, 20 minutes.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

6/20/15

I had to go to my brother's wedding today... but I found 10 minutes to work on my fast arm swings in front of a mirror...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Note: This thread is 3192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!