IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (June 2015)

Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes mapping swing while grilling dinner using a 6 iron.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Still working on my hip turn ... did a little better today ... and played 18

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

At my gf's parents this weekend and practiced chipping on their lawn which has way more space than mine to practice hitting my landing spot.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

25 minutes into the net.  6h and 5h.  Good contact and nice tempo.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

5 minutes of drill swings in a mirror. 460 balls at the range today starting at 5:10. That's probably my limit. I was hitting 9i 5-10 yards shorter than when I started. :-D Shortened my tee for 3W to 1/4" going to spend a week at that height before shortening it again. . .hit a lot of fades (20-25% of my shots) then moved back to 3/8" and the shots went straight again. Still having trouble with 6i distances. My 7i still goes almost the same distance. Hitting lots of fat shots.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

10 minutes mapping my swing in front of a mirror at the gym during my workout.  Broke it up in sections.  I also did golf specific exercises with resistance bands.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Worked on aim point putting, since I was on a BIG practice green before my round.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Today I did full speed swings working only on making sure my weight got forward and head stayed steady outside.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Worked on pitching, D-Wedges and putting.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Now that I understand the "hit your 7-iron 75 yards" drill, I could do it. Only bucket size at the local range (50), teeing up a 7-iron and hit slow, thinking of 75 yards. It didn't quite get to 75 yards, but I hit enough really good shots that I think it was a good session.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

10 minutes putting on my board.  20 minutes indoor swings.  Back swing and hold.  1/2, 3/4 and full.  Relaxed grip, hip slide/turn.  Brush the carpet.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

6/28/15: Did some GamePlanning for my tournament next weekend... Mostly worked on finding my Shot Zones with all of my clubs... Also worked on long putting today... Got to be a great approach putter at this course.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

15 minutes of mirror work mapping my swing. Worked on the proper turn from A1 to A4.  My last session I filmed I was not coming in enough from A1 - 2.  I also working on the downswing from A4 to 6 focusing on flattening the shaft at 5 and having the head inside the hands at 6.

I'm going to the range later and will work on the tempo piece I was given in my last lesson.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!