IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (June 2015)

Note: This thread is 3192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Some mirror work, not past A3, no hitting of a ball (one was there for positional checks). Just making sure that some things that slipped in the past are checked up on. If it weren't for the contest, I wouldn't have done this today, but I'm glad I spent the time (~10 minutes or so) to confirm this. I think this is part of the point of the challenge -- some days, I think "well, I've got ten minutes only, what should I practice?" In the past, I would have put it off for tomorrow.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on the takeaway feel for a shorter back swing with the help of a mirror.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

15 minutes of putting on the 36" board.  15 minutes of swings indoors.  1/2. 3/4 and almost full.  Easy tempo, hip slide/turn and soft arms.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

30 Mins in the net, working on the take away and getting the right hip to turn during the backswing from A2 to A4.

Chris.:roll:

More mirror work on wrist position at the top. Hitting the range in the morning before playing 18. Hoping to see a little improvement in both ball flight and distance.

Matt

Played 18 today.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

6/7/15: Played 27 holes, worked on lighter grip pressure today

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Went to the range today ... worked on pitch shots ... focused on hitting my landing spot about 15-20 yards out. Used different lofted wedges as well. I also worked on just half swings that Evolvr has me working on ... (which fit in well with the above chips) Not that many full swings today to be honest ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Worked on my mapping drill for 5 mins in my bedroom with no ball or club. I'm trying to get my hips tucked and my head from falling forward after impact. My feeling used to be trying to keep my arms straight but by doing that it was pulling my upper body forward. Now I'm working on getting my shoulders to almost feel back like on my follow through.

Spent 5 minutes just working the backswing to A4 with a 6 iron.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 minutes doing practice swings in the yard. Trying to keep the swing short.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

30 minutes into the net with my 6 iron. Started with chip shots and took bigger and bigger swings until I got to the point where I was mishitting. Then I backed off a bit from that and hit some shots into the woods. Dead straight and good contact on every one of them. I think I'm going to use this as my warmup before going to the course from now on. 8i and under I am confident hitting fully just about any day with the odd misshit. 6 and above I kind of figure out how I'm hitting them that particular day on the course. If I have an idea how big a swing I can control that day then I can use that on the course and take however much extra club I need. Seems like a better idea than getting to the first par 3 on the course and guessing whether I need 5, 4, or 3 iron and ending up 20 yards short or long of my target.

Hit some balls at the range and took a new swing video which I'll be uploading tomorrow. Some visible improvement on Key#1 and getting the hands a bit higher at the top but I'm still laying off the shaft quite a bit on the way back.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Doing 5 minute drills for two days. Won't have Internet.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

This

http://thesandtrap.com/t/40164/my-swing-mvmac/270#post_1151977

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!