IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (June 2015)

Note: This thread is 2225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes mirror work.

Went to the range and joined the "players club", finally. So, I got a medium bucket and placed myself in the one empty stall. The two guys on both sides of me were gunning balls one right after another. About twice to three times my "fast trying to catch up with them" pace which in turn was about twice as fast as my normal pace.

So, these are the same people who take 15 minutes per hole on the course?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 Minutes this morning working on full swing like I have been with my 6I.

I'm hoping once my work schedule slows down some I'll be able to try this with a ball at the range, haha.

Spent 5 minutes mapping my swing with a 9 iron in the basement.  Focused on flattening left wrist at A4, then sliding hips and getting right elbow in front from A4 to 6.

30 Minutes in the net. Practiced by imagining that I was playing the first 9 holes of my home course (full swings only).

Practiced my priority areas; flatter left wrist and shallower downswing.

Went with my son in the afternoon to the driving range. He mentioned that I might try half swings for a while, and even put an alignment stick to stop my motion halfway. I hit a whole bunch of really soft 9i (44 degree loft) to about 135 yards. They were super accurate and tight, about half my normal dispersion even with range balls. My "hard" 9i is only about 10 yards further, but the dispersion is much larger than 10 yards.

This is a great exercise to start. Now that I get infinite balls to hit, I might try an entire bucket of just hitting soft. Then less soft for a couple more?

Worked on pitching and distance wedges.

DW: Working on getting proper backswing length then driving my right shoulder towards the ball.

Pitching: Keeping my head down and turning my shoulders more shallow to keep my self from dipping my knees.

Note: This thread is 2225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!