IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (June 2015)

Note: This thread is 3192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

More work keeping the arms/club in front of me better. Slow rehearsal swings with a 7 iron.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did about 10 minutes of putting practice today while at work focusing on trying to start my putts on the right line.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Hit the range tonight. Small bucket, you know the latest drill set by now. :-) Also did about 10 minutes of chipping.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

5 minutes mirror work.

Went to the range and joined the "players club", finally. So, I got a medium bucket and placed myself in the one empty stall. The two guys on both sides of me were gunning balls one right after another. About twice to three times my "fast trying to catch up with them" pace which in turn was about twice as fast as my normal pace.

So, these are the same people who take 15 minutes per hole on the course?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

6/15/15: Hit mid irons (5, 6, 7,8) and a few 3h this morning, though the range was like a Florida swamp

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

5 Minutes this morning working on full swing like I have been with my 6I.

I'm hoping once my work schedule slows down some I'll be able to try this with a ball at the range, haha.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Spent 5 minutes mapping my swing with a 9 iron in the basement.  Focused on flattening left wrist at A4, then sliding hips and getting right elbow in front from A4 to 6.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

30 Minutes in the net. Practiced by imagining that I was playing the first 9 holes of my home course (full swings only).

Chris.:roll:

Small bucket at the driving range, split between pacing of swing and getting video (for evolvr + "my swing" thread)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Worked on my right hip/leg extending ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Went with my son in the afternoon to the driving range. He mentioned that I might try half swings for a while, and even put an alignment stick to stop my motion halfway. I hit a whole bunch of really soft 9i (44 degree loft) to about 135 yards. They were super accurate and tight, about half my normal dispersion even with range balls. My "hard" 9i is only about 10 yards further, but the dispersion is much larger than 10 yards.

This is a great exercise to start. Now that I get infinite balls to hit, I might try an entire bucket of just hitting soft. Then less soft for a couple more?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Worked on pitching and distance wedges.

DW: Working on getting proper backswing length then driving my right shoulder towards the ball.

Pitching: Keeping my head down and turning my shoulders more shallow to keep my self from dipping my knees.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Slow swings without a ball keeping the arms in front.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Slow swings without a ball keeping the arms in front.

What do you mean by keeping arms in front?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Note: This thread is 3192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!