IGNORED

2015 Memorial Tournament Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How did he not play consistently as recently as 2013, played 16 events & won 5 (btw 16 events is a full year for Tiger).

He has never immersed himself in playing tour events - even when he dominated the tour, he did it playing about 20 times a year

Tiger bogeyed 3 of the first 4 holes. He seems to dig himself into a hole early and then must grind to surface. Maybe if he played more frequently, he could lessen first round jitters.

I thought someone would pick out the one year out of the last five in which he played.

As pointed out, I was looking at 2010-2015. It is no longer 1997 or 2007.

Tiger no longer dominates the tour; he has a new swing; he is older. What he is doing is not working thus far. Why not rethink the strategy of play less and play more? Shake it up.

Just a suggestion to rethink the game plan. Once the new swing is tested and wins under competitive conditions, he can go back to 17 events. Sometimes, one needs to re-boot.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I swear Tiger just can't hit an average shot. It's either ungodly offline or beautiful.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

TW back to par, but not in good position off tee on 17.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

My mistake, he went to +1 at not even, looked like he was going to snap his driver at 18.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I feel sorry for Jason Day. It's hard to keep a good round going when your playing partner is all over the course.

I feel sorry for Jason Day. It's hard to keep a good round going when your playing partner is all over the course.

no its not.

Colin P.

With some seriousness, I think that Tiger needs to study his Buddhist-Zen roots, get his mind straight on the course, and play within himself.

Of course, people have been saying that for years....

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

no its not.

Agreed. I've found that when my playing partners are all over the place, it keeps me more calm in my own game and gives me more time to eye up my target.

But it may effect everyone differently. I highly doubt it effects Day that much.

Joel Holden

I'm not getting any feed on the cbs site - that stinks

http://pgatour.cbssports.com/live/index.html

this one?

Colin P.

I'm not getting any feed on the cbs site - that stinks

hmmm...i'd keep trying.

http://pgatour.cbssports.com/live/?channel=featuredgroup

Joel Holden

Yup - both links.  the ones with the goofy audio echo that doesn't ever line up, etc.  Probably work has put a block on streaming type activities finally.  I'll keep trying.

I get through this

but then just a blank once the dots stop orbiting

too bad, it's a quiet day today

Bill - 

Tiger scoring much better on the front 9. So far on the front he's 2-under and looking at a 5 footer for birdie.

Edit: Tiger with two birdies in a row. Now back to +1 on the day.

Spieth is on fire, in 1st place at -5.

Joel Holden

Awwwww, seriously CBS sports? They chose to follow DJ, Stricker & Kuchar over Phil, Hideki, & Rickie.

I know I'd much rather see the later.

Joel Holden

Note: This thread is 3217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!