IGNORED

Question on "Grounds under repair" or something like that

WatchOutLeft
Note: This thread is 3233 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played a new course the weekend and my playing partner landed in an area on the fairway that was slightly dug out, over grown and had a light layer of coarse sand put over it at some point. It was completely out of place to how well the rest of the course was kept It wasn't marked as GUR but assumed it should have been so allowed him a free drop. Was this the correct thing to do or should I have made him play it?

I played a new course the weekend and my playing partner landed in an area on the fairway that was slightly dug out, over grown and had a light layer of coarse sand put over it at some point. It was completely out of place to how well the rest of the course was kept

It wasn't marked as GUR but assumed it should have been so allowed him a free drop. Was this the correct thing to do or should I have made him play it?

Ground under repair must be so marked or otherwise designated as such by the committee.  The player is not the judge of what is or is not abnormal ground.

If the committee is available they should be asked.  If not then in stroke play, the option is to play a second ball under rule 3-3 and take the question to the committee after the round.

In match play, the players make their decision and play on.  If the player doesn't agree with the decision he must make a claim prior to either player hitting from the next tee.
Then the claim must be taken to the committee.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ground under repair must be so marked marked or otherwise designated as such by the committee.  The player is not the judge of what is or is not abnormal ground.   If the committee is available they should be asked.  If not then in stroke play, the option is to play a second ball under rule 3-3 and take the question to the committee after the round.   In match play, the players make their decision and play on.  If the player doesn't agree with the decision he must make a claim prior to either player hitting from the next tee.   Then the claim must be taken to the committee.

It was only a friendly round so not too bothered if he should of had a penalty added but was curious as to whether it was the correct decision. If you were to look at it you'd say it was GUR all day long

Note: This thread is 3233 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!