IGNORED

Lydia Ko Thread

georgedelnorte
Note: This thread is 1947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

Who are you guys talking to? The OP with two posts, both in this thread, who hasn't been here in over a year?

Is that an issue? I think the post takes on a life of it's own sometime.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

Is that an issue? I think the post takes on a life of it's own sometime.

I'm just asking.

Nobody seems to be carrying the "Lydia sucks" banner.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'm just asking.

Nobody seems to be carrying the "Lydia sucks" banner.

I don't think she does.  I find the issue of swing coaches more intriguing ...

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Who are you guys talking to? The OP with two posts, both in this thread, who hasn't been here in over a year?

Posters subsequent to #44, which included you on Nov 7?

Kevin

3 hours ago, iacas said:

I guess my imaginary friend... I thought the thread was about LK?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
10 hours ago, natureboy said:

Posters subsequent to #44, which included you on Nov 7?

8 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

I guess my imaginary friend... I thought the thread was about LK?

No, does not compute. I didn't say anything bad about Lydia Ko's game. Nobody really has, except the OP who hasn't been here in a year.

I commented on a question about who Lydia's instructor was:

On 11/7/2016 at 6:54 PM, iacas said:

Should still be Leadbetter unless she switched again.

You're posting as if you're saying "Ha! See! I was right! You were wrong!" but you're pointing this out to… who, exactly?

If you're going to call someone out, man up and do it. :-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm the one to blame for resurrecting this thread.  I didn't do it to bash Ko or Leadbetter.

When I saw golf channel mention that she had made a swing change, I thought it would be reasonable  to bring it up for discussion, and I thought (correctly or incorrectly) that this thread seemed most pertinent, rather than starting a new thread.

Edited by Missouri Swede

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

I'm the one to blame for resurrecting this thread.  I didn't do it to bash Ko or Leadbetter.

When I saw golf channel mention that she had made a swing change, I thought it would be reasonable  to bring it up for discussion, and I thought (correctly or incorrectly) that this thread seemed most pertinent, rather than starting a new thread.

Yeah it's fine here.

I just think the "see, toldja so" tone from others is misplaced.

She's a world-class player and has been for several years now.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

No, does not compute. I didn't say anything bad about Lydia Ko's game. Nobody really has, except the OP who hasn't been here in a year.

I commented on a question about who Lydia's instructor was:

You're posting as if you're saying "Ha! See! I was right! You were wrong!" but you're pointing this out to… who, exactly?

If you're going to call someone out, man up and do it. :-)

I wasn't calling anyone out. I was just being a snippy about someone elses comment. I didn't read that far back.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I wasn't calling anyone out. I was just being a snippy about someone elses comment. I didn't read that far back.

I think @acerimusdux was being sarcastic too.

7 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Exactly. And the new post gets noticed in folks feed and they contribute in context of the thread title and past posts. If Tiger didn't have a catch-all thread on this forum his swing coach changes and up and downs would inevitably resurrect old threads predicting boom or bust for him too.

The majority of posts were summer of last year when she won 5 times, including a major. There were plenty of posters who agreed with the OP who are still active. They know who they are.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

39 minutes ago, natureboy said:

The majority of posts were summer of last year when she won 5 times, including a major. There were plenty of posters who agreed with the OP who are still active. They know who they are.

They know who they are?-So do you apparently or so it seems.

I do not see anyone saying too much bad about her in this thread. I call BS on that.-Plus she is LPGA so it is not like many would talk about her very much anyway.

Lydia is one of the most talented golfers playing today.-She is so talented even David Lead Poison could not screw her up! Ha ha ha.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

26 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

They know who they are?-So do you apparently or so it seems.

I do not see anyone saying too much bad about her in this thread. I call BS on that.-Plus she is LPGA so it is not like many would talk about her very much anyway.

Sure. Anyone can go back and see the posts, and it should have been 'they know who they are ;-)'. If they had been interested enough in the topic, I suppose the posters who though Leadbetter was 'poison' would have followed it and it might have come up in their feed and they may have responded like those of us who saw it and thought, 'say what?'.

Most of the critiques (only last season) were that her coach would drag her down. Yet she did just fine last year and apparently he helped her the night before a career low round. The Leadbetter critique was obviously premature relative to her play. @iacas was the voice of reason, correctly pointing out that a MC was only one data point and even great players are going to have variable performance.

IMO it would be hard to say Leadbetter ruined Faldo's swing vs. helped Faldo optimize his game to win majors with a more precise long game. The transition from persimmon to metal woods and lower spin balls messed with more than one player's career. Bubba hits the ball a ton for his weight, but he's only won at the Masters where the rough isn't especially penal.

I would think you of all people (given what some say about Seve) would appreciate that it's the player more than the coach who primarily governs their quality of play. That is the POV I see recent posters' comments supporting.

Like I said, these cycles of predicting boom or bust with a swing or coach change happen regularly in the Tiger Woods thread. Why get bent out of shape if it happens in a thread about an LPGA player who doesn't interest you anyway?

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

14 hours ago, natureboy said:

Sure. Anyone can go back and see the posts, and it should have been 'they know who they are ;-)@iacas'. If they had been interested enough in the topic, I suppose the posters who though Leadbetter was 'poison' would have followed it and it might have come up in their feed and they may have responded like those of us who saw it and thought, 'say what?'.

I went back through, read this whole thread and did not really see a bunch of posters saying this.

14 hours ago, natureboy said:

Most of the critiques (only last season) were that her coach would drag her down. Yet she did just fine last year and apparently he helped her the night before a career low round. The Leadbetter critique was obviously premature relative to her play.

A player winning or playing well does not mean the instructor is good.-She was obviously good before Leadbetter so as long as he does not completely **** her up she is fine.

Leadbetter has good things on his record but he has bad things too-And all with top-tier talent.

The Lead Poison nickname did not come from people here on this site-Let alone this thread. It came from PGA Tour players. With cause.-Not complete cause or he would be out of the game obviously.

Instructors can only get so much credit-Good or bad. ANd I am not saying anything good or bad about DL just using him as a talking point about how you can be a poor or great instructor. Was Sean Foley a great instructor when Hunter Mahan and Tiger Woods and his other guys were playing well and then suddenly a bad instructor the past few years when Mahan has struggled and Tiger ditched him?

Lydia Ko is a supreme talent.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Just now, Phil McGleno said:

She's a total hack...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

1 minute ago, Ernest Jones said:

She's a total hack...

I never said any such thing.-But just as you cannot generalize one performance of 62 to say something you cannot really say a bunch about the round that comes after.

23 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

I never said any such thing.-But just as you cannot generalize one performance of 62 to say something you cannot really say a bunch about the round that comes after.

I kid, Phil, I kid...

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 1947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!