IGNORED

Worst round in Tiger's Career

Natural Patrick
Note: This thread is 3244 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

55-55 and you got a deal.

Are those Canadian odds?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Ugly, ugly stuff. He talks about needing to play more, but I wonder how much more he can stand to play like this?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't forget, there are a lot of good scores being shot. That makes his 85 even worse. I wonder what he will shoot in the US Open playing like thiS? I'm not so sure I wouldn't w/d from that tournament playing like this.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

think it's actually 80-40 the other way.

[quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/82451/worst-round-in-tigers-career#post_1151334"] 55-55 and you got a deal.[/quote] Say what you like about engineers, they're good at math! :dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

He won't WD, he needs the reps. And whoever thinks he's shooting in the 90's in a couple of weeks, should have there head examined. There is no way in hell he shoots in the 90's. ZERO CHANCE!

Say what you like about engineers, they're good at math! :dance:

Hey, no fair - you didn't include the post I was responding to. Now I just look like a dummy.

Hey, no fair - you didn't include the post I was responding to. Now I just look like a dummy.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

He won't WD, he needs the reps. And whoever thinks he's shooting in the 90's in a couple of weeks, should have there head examined. There is no way in hell he shoots in the 90's. ZERO CHANCE!

If he can shoot 85 at Muirfield Village under good scoring conditions he can easily shoot in the 90s at Chambers Bay under U.S. Open conditions.

• Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Jack just said it perfectly. Totally agree. Back to basics, Tiger needs to figure this out himself. Not bounce from coach to coach and try all sorts of new methods and crap. He just needs to figure it out between his head and stop overthinking essentially.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

How about more feel, rhythm, and effortless power -- he is Tiger Woods. He knows how to hit a golf ball ... I think he gets in his way.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

If he can shoot 85 at Muirfield Village under good scoring conditions he can easily shoot in the 90s at Chambers Bay under U.S. Open conditions.

I don't care where he is playing, the odds he shoots in the 90's in the open are 10000000 -1. And those odds are to low.

I thought this was an old thread until I saw the date of only a few hours ago.

Ouch!

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I don't care where he is playing, the odds he shoots in the 90's in the open are 10000000 -1. And those odds are to low.

If the odds you just invented in your head are too low, then you should have made up higher odds. He just shot 85. A month ago he shot 82 or something. >10% of his competitive rounds this season are in the 80s. He's missed cut, WD, or DFLed the majority of his events this year.

• Upvote 2

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

If the odds you just invented in your head are too low, then you should have made up higher odds.

Bazinga!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

If the odds you just invented in your head are too low, then you should have made up higher odds.

He just shot 85. A month ago he shot 82 or something. >10% of his competitive rounds this season are in the 80s. He's missed cut, WD, or DFLed the majority of his events this year.

he really is tarnishing his legacy right now

If the odds you just invented in your head are too low, then you should have made up higher odds. He just shot 85. A month ago he shot 82 or something. >10% of his competitive rounds this season are in the 80s. He's missed cut, WD, or DFLed the majority of his events this year.

And he couldn't hit a fairway on a course that Kevin Streelman - KEVIN EFFING STREELMAN - called a "second shot course, like Augusta,because the fairways are really wide and easy to hit." If he can shoot 85 here, I don't even want to imagine what he can shoot if he plays like this on an (unfamiliar) US Open setup. Above 90 isn't likely, just like another 85 isn't likely, but it's most definitely on the table.

He's messed around with his swing too much.  In interviews he keeps talking about the driver swing changes he's working on with his new coach and how he could go back to his old more reliable swing but he's committed to making the change.  I don't know what the benefit of these new swing changes will be but from a practical standpoint he's wasting valuable years of his remaining "youth" messing around with swing changes when he should be fine tuning and winning tournaments.

At this point one has to question the choices he's made since his dad passed away.  Logic would seem to lead to working with the swing that you won with and playing in more tournaments to fine turn your game.  I don't doubt he's playing practice rounds but his home course isn't set up like a PGA Tournament and there aren't the crowds or pressure to perform.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3244 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!