IGNORED

Worst round in Tiger's Career

Natural Patrick
Note: This thread is 3238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why do people keep mentioning the U.S. Open and the Claret Jug in the same sentence?

In the imaginary world where Tiger wins the Open in two weeks they present him with the Claret Jug as a trophy. They have to save the U.S. Open trophy for the real winner.

• Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In the imaginary world where Tiger wins the Open in two weeks they present him with the Claret Jug as a trophy. They have to save the U.S. Open trophy for the real winner.

If that's the case, what trophy will they give to the winner of the Open Championship next month?

he really is tarnishing his legacy right now

No, I don't believe that. He will not win again but he will always be considered the 2nd greatest of all time (for the next 15 years anyway, til Rory or Jordan pass him). The only way his legacy will be tarnished is if it comes out he used PEDs. As it stands, he'll go down as another whose game just left him. No shame in that and as such, the legacy will remain intact.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I think it's time to put his ego aside, swallow his pride, and give Butch a call ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Agree he needs some help, just watch his body language the last two times he played, it tells you he not any ware near 100% on his game, there is a lot of other things in his mind and this reflects on his game, until he sorts his head out he will struggle with his game. Not the Tiger of old and don't think he will be that again.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

I'm wondering if the Lindsey break up played a part. I mean the original collapse seemed to come right after the famous incident with Elin and the affairs. Now we have a mini version of that and look what follows.

We know golf is mental. Maybe all the mental baggage is what's screwing up TW right now.

Honestly, I think a lot of the confidence that he had previously was due to the screwing around.  Not all of it... but I really think that he had a heightened sense of invincibility that crumbled when he lost to Yang and had his sexual exploits laid bare.  When he was getting away with the double life, I think it gave him a little extra edge mentally.  Most of us - myself included - probably thought, "how could he focus while leading a double life?"  However, for him, I think the thrill of getting over on everyone forged the blade of Damascus steel, but now the blade is pot metal full of slag.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Honestly, I think a lot of the confidence that he had previously was due to the screwing around.  Not all of it... but I really think that he had a heightened sense of invincibility that crumbled when he lost to Yang and had his sexual exploits laid bare.  When he was getting away with the double life, I think it gave him a little extra edge mentally.  Most of us - myself included - probably thought, "how could he focus while leading a double life?"  However, for him, I think the thrill of getting over on everyone forged the blade of Damascus steel, but now the blade is pot metal full of slag.

Yeah I can see that. The sense of invincibility.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

I think it's time to put his ego aside, swallow his pride, and give Butch a call ...

Who says Butch will take him back?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

These two sentences conflict with each other... He's too competitive to take failure, so you think he's going to quit?

What I meant was that he hates failure so much and is so hard on himself that he would rather quit than keep staining his name.. It was in the context if shoots a few or more rounds in the 80s and clearly can't compete anymore.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

No, I don't believe that. He will not win again but he will always be considered the 2nd greatest of all time (for the next 15 years anyway, til Rory or Jordan pass him). The only way his legacy will be tarnished is if it comes out he used PEDs. As it stands, he'll go down as another whose game just left him. No shame in that and as such, the legacy will remain intact.

Agree. People said the same thing about Jordan's baseball years and especially his Wizards years - that didn't come to fruition. As far as his legacy is concerned, it's really only the good stuff that is remembered and I think that'll be true about tiger too. [quote name="Abu3baid" url="/t/82451/worst-round-in-tigers-career/60#post_1151544"] What I meant was that he hates failure so much and is so hard on himself that he would rather quit than keep staining his name.. It was in the context if shoots a few or more rounds in the 80s and clearly can't compete anymore.[/quote]In fairness, I think at that point the proper word would be "retire," not "quit."

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger19

He won't WD, he needs the reps. And whoever thinks he's shooting in the 90's in a couple of weeks, should have there head examined. There is no way in hell he shoots in the 90's. ZERO CHANCE!

Zero chance? How far is 90 from 85 ?

85 is a lot closer to 90 than it is to 68-72...which is probably around where he would need to be every day to even sniff a top ten finish.  ZERO CHANCE!

Yeah, I doubt that's gonna happen.  I think he's far too arrogant and stubborn.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Agree. People said the same thing about Jordan's baseball years and especially his Wizards years - that didn't come to fruition. As far as his legacy is concerned, it's really only the good stuff that is remembered and I think that'll be true about tiger too. In fairness, I think at that point the proper word would be "retire," not "quit."

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Fair enough.. I was using the word interchangeably, didn't mean any disrespect.. I know how sensitive some people can be when it comes to Tiger ;)

My comment was light hearted, tongue in cheek and meant to be smiled at. (My iPhone smiley with sunglasses doesn't come through for everybody) ;)

Hank is constantly billing himself as the guy that coached Tiger and using it to market stuff.

I don't get involved with all that marketing and I don't care.....what I do know is he did a hell of a job with Tiger and helped turn him into the dominant player he was. Butch made him into Tiger version 1.0 and Hank made him into Tiger 2.0. Now we're getting Tiger 3.0 and it sucks.

How about more feel, rhythm, and effortless power -- he is Tiger Woods. He knows how to hit a golf ball ... I think he gets in his way.

This is basically it. He absolutely gets in his own way.

Colin P.

He was number one in the world just thirteen months ago so I'm not ready to jump on the "he'll never win again" bandwagon.  But man, something is horribly wrong with him right now.  If he keeps up this form, he's not going to qualify for a lot of events.

Can you imagine Tiger having to play an Open Championship qualifier?  Could be coming soon.

"Witty golf quote."

Note: This thread is 3238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!