IGNORED

2015 FedEx St. Jude Classic

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I caught the tail end of the broadcast.  It was nice to see Gomez take the win.   He looked pretty dialed in and nothing was going to get in his way.

It was also nice to see Phil playing pretty good there too.  That last putt on the 18th was a little undecided if it wanted to go around another time before going in.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Seems to me that if a player, "key" or otherwise, wants a rest, they can take off as often or as long as they like. I don't understand those who think a leaderboard is only interesting if the usual suspects are at the top. I enjoy watching a new player or two break through.

I get that. But for me it's fun when a new "potential" challenger comes through who we have some sort of anticipation they will put a challenge to the usual suspects. Kinda like Justin Thomas, Koepka, Moore...but the Argentinian...we'll never hear from again.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I get that. But for me it's fun when a new "potential" challenger comes through who we have some sort of anticipation they will put a challenge to the usual suspects. Kinda like Justin Thomas, Koepka, Moore...but the Argentinian...we'll never hear from again.

Sure you will.  They listed about 8 or 10 tournaments that he will be locked into by getting the win yesterday.  I'm sure his name will pop up somewhere. ;-)

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Maybe, maybe not.....my crystal ball is in the shop this week. But to see someone like that hold it together while watching Phil Mickelson and Billy Horschel shoot 65's in his rear view mirror is fun and compelling to me.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe, maybe not.....my crystal ball is in the shop this week. But to see someone like that hold it together while watching Phil Mickelson and Billy Horschel shoot 65's in his rear view mirror is fun and compelling to me.

You have to admit though, had the big names (Phil and Bill) not shot 65's and made their presence known, it would have been far more lackluster.

Congrats to Gomez though. Him hugging a St. Jude's child on the 18th was extremely touching. I can't believe there isn't any pictures or video of that. At least I can't find any.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Note: This thread is 3230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!