IGNORED

2015 FedEx St. Jude Classic

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Only Thursday luckily ....cuz criminey what a snooze fest for a leaderboard.....now here come they guys who'll say Brown, Alker and Gainey are big time leaders who everybody knows....

Scott Brown, Steven Alker, and Tommy Gainey are big time leaders who everybody knows.

• Upvote 1

Riley

I'm for Gainey, who wears 2 gloves.  Same as me, maybe for different reasons though. Everyone else....yawnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

I'm not sure I can think of a PGA player who has a more Ugly swing than Gainey. Before you crucify me, my swing is not exactly PGA material, just sayin.

I like Brooks Koepka and all, and I don't say this much, but this is has to be one of...if not the most lackluster leaderboard of the year. Villegas had a great round, but he doesn't do much for me. Here's to hoping the cream (Phil, Horschel, maybe even Luke Donald) rises a bit.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I like Brooks Koepka and all, and I don't say this much, but this is has to be one of...if not the most lackluster leaderboard of the year. Villegas had a great round, but he doesn't do much for me. Here's to hoping the cream (Phil, Horschel, maybe even Luke Donald) rises a bit.

haha I was thinking the same thing. I've got to find other things to do this weekend.

This is kinda what I'm afraid of next week. A lot of the big names are not coming in to the Open on good form. I think you're going to see a lot of "no names" in contention next week, especially given a course that not a lot of people know much about. Could be an odd week.

The most lackluster leaderboard of the year so far, for sure.

Since this is my home town event it's always one I look forward to every year. Too bad it has never had a decent enough date to attract more top name players. It seems that there are fewer "names" here this year than usual. Maybe more players decided to get to Chambers Bay earlier since that course is such an unknown to most of them.

From Arjun Atwals caddie on facebook...

"Gonna be a fun weekend at St Jude. Been a wild week so far. Rental Car stolen Sunday in broad daylight from hotel parking lot. Clubs included. Ping guys worked to get a set put together. Gave us Hunter Mahans backup set for Monday and things didn't go too well. New set built on Tuesday, new bag flown in, his wife sent the back up putter that arrived Thursday at noon. After 65 yesterday here for the weekend. Tune in today and tomorrow. It's been a hell of a ride this week so far. These are the stories you read about."

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm with Crim. it's like watching beige paint dry.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Was concerned of not hearing about Gainey (2 gloves) on the leaderboard so i checked out the PGA website.  Won't be retuning there anytime soon.  Very bad IMO.  Front page leaderboard does not even give scores, only miles behind. I'm not so good at arithmetic so don't need to do the math, but would like to see it Gainey, or anyone, shot 71, 76 or 83; not 7, 12 or 25 behind.

And it's good that FedEx has deep pockets coz this tourney is on it's way out.

Only Thursday luckily ....cuz criminey what a snooze fest for a leaderboard.....now here come they guys who'll say Brown, Alker and Gainey are big time leaders who everybody knows....

just an example of how the tour schedule is over saturated with tournaments.....I always believed there should be breaks in the schedule to give key players a rest and increase the quality of the tournaments on the schedule.......Oct to Oct schedule is too long.

Was concerned of not hearing about Gainey (2 gloves) on the leaderboard so i checked out the PGA website.  Won't be retuning there anytime soon.  Very bad IMO.  Front page leaderboard does not even give scores, only miles behind. I'm not so good at arithmetic so don't need to do the math, but would like to see it Gainey, or anyone, shot 71, 76 or 83; not 7, 12 or 25 behind.

And it's good that FedEx has deep pockets coz this tourney is on it's way out.

As long as the name ST.JUDE is associated with it. This tournament is going to be around for as long as they want it to. The money that is raised for the kids and the hospital. Gives the PGA public relation dept a big ole pat on the back.

just an example of how the tour schedule is over saturated with tournaments.....I always believed there should be breaks in the schedule to give key players a rest and increase the quality of the tournaments on the schedule.......Oct to Oct schedule is too long.

Seems to me that if a player, "key" or otherwise, wants a rest, they can take off as often or as long as they like. I don't understand those who think a leaderboard is only interesting if the usual suspects are at the top. I enjoy watching a new player or two break through.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Seems to me that if a player, "key" or otherwise, wants a rest, they can take off as often or as long as they like.

I don't understand those who think a leaderboard is only interesting if the usual suspects are at the top. I enjoy watching a new player or two break through.

Agree with this post. Nobody says a player has to play, they can take breaks as long as they like. As for the leaderboard, for me watching golf is also about the pressure on the players at the top to win, and hopefully see an open tournament until the last hole. Of course it is nice to see the best players in the world, but there is more to golf than that.

Note: This thread is 3228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!