IGNORED

Major Championships

Alex B
Note: This thread is 3641 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What Major Championship Would You Most Like to Win?

• The Masters (on CBS)
    • The US Open (if you're not already dead)
    • The Open Championship (it deserves to be called by its proper title)
    • The PGA Championship (anyone who selects this is an idiot)

My order would be:

1. Masters
2. British Open
3. US Open
4. PGA Championship

In the bag:

driver Big Ben CS3 9.5º
3-wood 906F4 15.5º
hybrid rescue mid 19ºirons: MP-60 3-PWwedges vokey spin-milled 54º and 60ºputter tracy IIball Pro V1

There is no question in my mind that the Masters tops the list. It's so special because of its history, beautiful course, and the fact that it is the first Major of the year. The US Open comes in second because of the attrition test that it always presents. The PGA is third on my list because that best players always seem to come to the top. The British is third only because of the odd starting time for American viewers and courses that are in less than pristine conditions.
Overall, though, all four are great and I never miss a minute of the action if I can help it.

My order:
1) Masters
2) U.S. Open
3) British Open
4) PGA Championship
In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

Definetly the Open championship (British Open). It is the oldest, and I think, the most important tournament in golf. It is also on a links course, which gives it that old style feeling.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

• 1 month later...
Lost Ball chooses the Masters.

The most beautiful, well-put-together Major on tour, Lost Ball Opinion
Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.

- A.A. Milne

• 3 weeks later...
the PGA championship also grants winners a lifetime invitation just like the masters. I would have to say the British Open, especially when played at carnoustie. Then the Masters, U.S. Open, then PGA Championship. All the majors provide great things. The Masters provides the greatest tradition and it is played on the same course every year. The U.S. Open provides the hardest course conditions. The British Open provides is the oldest tournament in the world. The PGA Championship has the hardest field of players with the most of the players in top 100 world golf rankings contending.

i would say that the British Open has the most tradition!

I'd most like to win the US Open because it's generally the toughest. Also, an Irishman won the British Open last year, so an American major would be a great achievement for an Irishman!

I find the Masters tournament a bit mickey-mousey - though the course is amazing. It would be third on my list.

One of my favourite Major moments is Rich Beem beating the Tiger in the USPGA - i wouldn't mind winning that one in similar fashion!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I would definitely say The Open Championship is the most lucrative of the four Majors and certainly the one that I would love to win the most!

Saying that, I always get excited about the Masters at Augusta so that would certainly be a close second, probably because it is the first Major of the season and back in England it is the one that is first televised on TV.

In my bag:

R7 Quad Driver
3 wood
RAC MB Irons 3 - PW Vokey 52 and 6056 Wedge Fatshaft PutterGolf Bag Pro V1 Ball

Number one for me would be the Open Championship. I just think that a links style of course rquires that little bit extra skill and immagination to win on.

Of course, I'd take any of them!

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Winning the tournament that Bobby Jones built would be the highest mark of golf there is.
Je joue au golf, et j'aime ca.
-------------------------------------
Nike SasQuatch Sumo2
HaLo 2i & 3i
3100 I/H 5-GW588 Gunmetal 53/56/60White Hot XG #2Vector BagProV1x

Open Championship
Masters
U.S. Open
PGA Championship

Who am I kidding, though? I'd take any major.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I would like to win the US Open simmply because it is heald in my home state every once in a while. One of my goals is to win the US Open at Pinehurst #2. Plus, its just a beautiful place.
WHATS IN THE BAG?

Calloway 460cc Big Birtha driver
Nike NDS irons
Cleveland 54 degree wedgePing lob wedgeRIFE Martinique Island Series putter

• 5 months later...
As the upcoming PGA Championship is the last major of the season, I thought it would be appropriate to put the question out there: Which major is more significant? Meaning, if you were able to win only one major, which one would it be?

I’ve always been partial to The Masters.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

The U.S. Open. It's our National Championship. After that, in order, the British Open, The Masters and then the PGA. Although anyone who wins any of these has had a very special week.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

I agree with Smallville. The U.S. Open. The thing I like about it is that anyone is given the oppurtunity to try and make the cut. Also, that the course changes every year. Unlike the Masters where it's always Augusta.

If I only won one I would want it to be the US Open. IMO it is the truest test of skill mental/physical.
After that:
British
Masters
PGA
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I feel like the British Open is the most 'major' major, probably the most sought after title amongst pro's. It is the truest test of golf and is played as golf was meant to be.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

The Open, the name says it all, original and best, golf as Mother Nature intended.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Note: This thread is 3641 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!