IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We needed movement on health care, but the majority of Americans would disagree about the ACA. There is a better way if only the GOP and Dems would compromise.

Marriage equality is an issue that will be with us for a while. I agree that gay couples needed to be afforded the rights of married couples, but the amount of hate generated was a sad sight. In addition, there are a number of people with Christian beliefs that are being be left in the dust.

The Confederate flag, as a symbol of hatred, coming down from state buildings, indeed, was a positive outcome from the horrific shootings in Charleston.

In addition, the next president will have so many challenges including the Middle East, immigration, national debt, and tax reform to name a few. We need someone who is willing to talk about the problems and present solutions to the American people. Whether or not you like him, Donald Trump is doing just this. And, in many respects, that is why his campaign is getting a lot of traction, both positive and negative.

On the ACA:  keep in mind that many people opposed to the ACA are opposed because it doesn't include a public option, in other words, it didn't do enough.  Also, if asked about key components of the ACA, people actually like those.  In fact, some less informed people are actually opposed to Obamacare but are in favor of the ACA, in spite of them being the same thing.   In other words, the only thing a lot of people hate about Obamacare is the Obama.

Ad for people with Christian beliefs being left in the dust, if your beliefs are that backwards maybe you should be.  In the days of the civil rights act, many people claimed it was against their Christian beliefs to serve black people.  SCOTUS rules years ago that this was not allowed, that the civil rights act, and that equal rights for all citizens trumped certain religious rights.  And logically, it makes sense.  If someone claims that their religious belief means they should be able to bake Jews in giant ovens (let's not forget that Hitler said many times that the Nazis were a Christian movement, who was doing nothing that the Christian churches weren't doing for 1500 years) that they should have that right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotPortlyNJ

On the ACA:  keep in mind that many people opposed to the ACA are opposed because it doesn't include a public option, in other words, it didn't do enough.  Also, if asked about key components of the ACA, people actually like those.  In fact, some less informed people are actually opposed to Obamacare but are in favor of the ACA, in spite of them being the same thing.   In other words, the only thing a lot of people hate about Obamacare is the Obama.

Let's not forget what we were told as Mr. Obama and the Democrats tried to get the ACA passed....

- "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

- "If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep it."

- "The cost of insurance will go down by $2,500 per family per year.”

- Obamacare will not increase the deficit.

All of these promises were not kept. In addition, deductibles have significantly increased, something that was conveniently hidden. Jonathan Gruber, a professor at MIT and an architect of Obamacare, admitted that the Obama administration went through "tortuous" measures to keep the facts about the legislation from the American people, including covering up the redistribution of wealth from the healthy to the sick in the legislation that Obamacare is in fact a tax.

For you to say, "The only thing a lot of people hate about Obamacare is the Obama," is illogical and not supported by the facts.

As for people with Christian beliefs being left in the dust, if your beliefs are that backwards maybe you should be.  In the days of the civil rights act, many people claimed it was against their Christian beliefs to serve black people.  SCOTUS rules years ago that this was not allowed, that the civil rights act, and that equal rights for all citizens trumped certain religious rights.  And logically, it makes sense.  If someone claims that their religious belief means they should be able to bake Jews in giant ovens (let's not forget that Hitler said many times that the Nazis were a Christian movement, who was doing nothing that the Christian churches weren't doing for 1500 years) that they should have that right?

Here is a quote by Rev. William Owens of the Coalition of African American Pastors (CAAP) who replied to President Barack Obama when he compared the civil rights movement to that for same-sex marriage. “I marched with many people back in those days and I have reached out to some of my friends who marched with me, and all of them are shocked. They never thought they would see this day that gay rights would be equated with civil rights. Not one agreed with this comparison.

• Upvote 1

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I don't understand some of you.  The PC police?  The guy said something racist, and when given a chance to clarify, doubled down on stupidity.  Maybe a bunch of you are just racist xenophobes like Trump, I don't know.

"Witty golf quote."

Of course not, but chances are he's going to be forced out by the PC police.  This has nothing to do with him being a nut (though he is), it has to do with the current political climate in this country.  If you happen to have some opinion that one side in particular doesn't agree with you, you're automatically labeled a bad person, or a bigot, or some other term du jour.  If trump had stood up and said "we need to open the border and provide all the social services in the world to illegal immigrants", he would have been cheered as progressive and probably given a goddamn medal.

This, this and only this. Its funny how what you said is so true. If you are for laxer gun laws, you are a nut, if you want to take away all guns, you are a hero. If you want to open the borders and provide everything for the illegals, you are a savior, if you want to secure the borders you are a "racist xenophobe".

Its funny how the ONLY defense the left has is "bigot" or "racist".

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dudes, what he said was racist .  As I said, perhaps he misspoke.  But given the chance to clarify, he basically confirmed his bigotry.

I suppose I should reserve a small chance that he's so incredibly stupid and out-of-touch that he believes his bizarre demographic conclusions about illegal immigrants.

Let's ignore that for a minute, though.  He's a piece of shit outside his stupidity and bigotry.  I mean, have you read anything about this guy for the past thirty years or however long we've been subjected to his bullshit?  Have you ever caught him on Letterman?  Even if he's being unfairly maligned (and he sure as hell isn't), it's been a long time coming for a litany of other behavior.

"Witty golf quote."

Illegal immigration is a big problem in this country. Try going to Sweden or Russia and hanging out without any papers and see how long you last.

Its not racist to secure the borders.

• Upvote 2

Illegal immigration is a big problem in this country. Try going to Sweden or Russia and hanging out without any papers and see how long you last.

Its not racist to secure the borders.

Except that isn't what he said.  He basically said that more Mexicans were rapists than good people.  That's what he said.  If you want to cash in on this lunacy that he was merely addressing the problem of illegal immigration please, by all means, jump down that rabbit hole of idiocy with him.

"Witty golf quote."

Except that isn't what he said.  He basically said that more Mexicans were rapists than good people.  That's what he said.  If you want to cash in on this lunacy that he was merely addressing the problem of illegal immigration please, by all means, jump down that rabbit hole of idiocy with him.

Jesus Christ, that is NOT what he said. He was speaking strictly about those who cross the border illegally. The accuracy of his statement can be called into question but enough with the hyperbole.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

He was speaking strictly about those who cross the border illegally.

Yeah.  I know, duh .  It's just as stupid whether he's referring to Mexicans as a whole, or illegal immigrant Mexicans.  Not to mention his bizarre, baseless assertion that this is some kind of conspiracy by the government of Mexico.

Let me tell you the number one reason there is illegal immigration from Mexico to the United States:  financial opportunity.  If you think that there are more rapists in this group than good people, you're a shitty person.

"Witty golf quote."

Might be just as dumb in your eyes but it's not what he said so by all means, keep your passion stoked, just get the facts right.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

[QUOTE name="Gunther" url="/t/83077/should-golf-dump-donald-trump/90#post_1168483"]  He was speaking strictly about those who cross the border illegally.[/QUOTE] [CONTENTEMBED=/t/83077/should-golf-dump-donald-trump/90#post_1168483 layout=inline] [/CONTENTEMBED] [CONTENTEMBED=/t/83077/should-golf-dump-donald-trump/90#post_1168483 layout=inline]Yeah.  I know, duh .  It's just as stupid whether he's referring to Mexicans as a whole, or illegal immigrant Mexicans.  Not to mention his bizarre, baseless assertion that this is some kind of conspiracy by the government of Mexico. [/CONTENTEMBED] [CONTENTEMBED=/t/83077/should-golf-dump-donald-trump/90#post_1168483 layout=inline] [/CONTENTEMBED] [CONTENTEMBED=/t/83077/should-golf-dump-donald-trump/90#post_1168483 layout=inline]Let me tell you the number one reason there is illegal immigration from Mexico to the United States:  financial opportunity.  If you think that there are more rapists in this group than good people, you're a shitty person.  [/CONTENTEMBED]

You've laid bare what yu think of us that interpret DT's statements differently. We got it. Yet, we still reject your take on it, and respect that you see it differently. I'd suggest toning it down a notch. Please stop calling people pieces of crap. People should view all of DT's statements and judge themselves. As for me, pretty clear he is not racist. Let's move on. I'm ok with entities severing ties but they should be clear why. If their reason is bogus, there could be backlash. If PGA wants to avoid controversy, that's one thing. If they think he's racist, that's another.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Might be just as dumb in your eyes but it's not what he said so by all means, keep your passion stoked, just get the facts right.

It doesn't matter. It literally doesn't matter.  Why this needs to be explained to anybody is beyond me.

"Witty golf quote."

It doesn't matter. It literally doesn't matter.  Why this needs to be explained to anybody is beyond me.

Good, if it doesn't matter you can redirect your passion to something more constructive. Win-win.

If they think he's racist, that's another.

I know, it would be completely shocking that a rich, old, white Republican who said racist things turned out to be racist.  It would be STUNNING.

Racist people don't admit to being racist anymore.  Instead, they couch their ideas in fairly transparent yet defensible language to a large portion of the population.  Trump said something racist about Ferguson, MO, too.  You don't have to be wearing a hood and burning crosses to be unfit to hold the Presidency because of your racial views.  Or to host my corporate golf tournament.

But again, the guy is a piece of shit.

"Witty golf quote."

I don't understand some of you.  The PC police?  The guy said something racist, and when given a chance to clarify, doubled down on stupidity.  Maybe a bunch of you are just racist xenophobes like Trump, I don't know.

There it is.  "You don't agree with me, ergo you are a racist."  Flawless logic.

There it is.  "You don't agree with me, ergo you are a racist."  Flawless logic.

Well, the person could be mentally ill.  I don't agree that Mexicans--illegal or otherwise--or more likely rapists than good people.  Because only a racist or mentally ill person would believe otherwise.

"Witty golf quote."

Well, the person could be mentally ill.  I don't agree that Mexicans--illegal or otherwise--or more likely rapists than good people.  Because only a racist or mentally ill person would believe otherwise.

I don't either.  I just would like a leader who recognizes the illegal immigrants as problem and does something about it (as opposed to just opening the door because they know they'll vote for his party one day...).  If you don't agree that it's a problem, explain it to the poor girl's family in SF who was shot in broad day light in public.

I don't either.  I just would like a leader who recognizes the illegal immigrants as problem and does something about it (as opposed to just opening the door because they know they'll vote for his party one day...).  If you don't agree that it's a problem, explain it to the poor girl's family in SF who was shot in broad day light in public.

The Obama administration spent more money on immigration enforcement in 2012 than all other federal law enforcement agencies combined.*  The government plays with expenses, but not that much.  And one girl who got shot by an illegal immigrant?  GTFO with that appeal to emotion.

Illegal immigration is a problem in the sense that we continually offer social welfare programs to non-taxpaying residents.  And beyond that, it's nationalism.  But that isn't the the issue being discussed.  Nobody thinks that illegal immigration isn't a problem (or, to be more precise, the costs that arise from illegal immigration).  But racism is a problem.

* http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/07/obama-immigration-enforcement/1815667/

"Witty golf quote."

Note: This thread is 2954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!