IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Obama administration spent more money on immigration enforcement in 2012 than all other federal law enforcement agencies combined.*  The government plays with expenses, but not that much.  And one girl who got shot by an illegal immigrant?  GTFO with that appeal to emotion.

Illegal immigration is a problem in the sense that we continually offer social welfare programs to non-taxpaying residents.  And beyond that, it's nationalism.  But that isn't the the issue being discussed.  Nobody thinks that illegal immigration isn't a problem (or, to be more precise, the costs that arise from illegal immigration).  But racism is a problem.

* http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/07/obama-immigration-enforcement/1815667/

The girl who got shot is a perfect example of why we need to stop these vermin from coming in. If one of them is a killer, then that's one too many and reason enough to stop the infestation from the south.

Go ahead though, use the words "racist" or "bigot" in your response lol.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Agree. I've always thought Trump was an ass and still do, actually. But I'm gaining a new respect for him as he stands up to and even pushes back on a frenzied left wing media trying to destroy him. This has proven a successful tactic for them in the past because the cowardly Republicans and other associated corporate entities invariably back down and in so doing, come off looking weak, spineless, and untrustworthy.

This truly is refreshing. I think we finally have 2 people who aren't trying to hide their true beliefs or intentions running for office. Here's to a Trump - Sanders race.

I admire your ability to step up and take in the broader perspective.  Like yourself, I was not a big Donald Trump fan, however as time went by, I grew to admire his ability to "cut to the chase" in a manner I find quite eloquent.  A trait that I continually strive to achieve...in as sense of being somewhat spiritual...let me not digress.  In my opinion, when dealing with people you may not agree with, retain a level of respect so you can work with them (agree to disagree).  I mentioned this to many, "You may not agree with me...just work with me".  This does not apply to working with someone who may be out to hurt you (being unreasonable; see my prior post), i.e. alleged Mr. El Chopo Guzman's tweet to Mr. Trump...definite walk away which is another story...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

It's the small minority at both ends that is fueling the polarization.   DT's speeches and antics are geared toward at one extreme of the pole and the polls show it has been effective.

...for that non-questioning mob rule minority.

At the end of the day, I have faith that even those "mob" minority sees DT as a narcissistic hot head with nothing to back up his grandiose plans for America.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Love him or hate him, he walks the walk.

Bingo.

I am Canadian so I don't have a vote but it is refreshing for someone in the political arena to say exactly what is on his mind.

I am so sick and tired of hearing 99.999999% of the politicians (Canadian and US) talk at great lengths about an issue and in the end actually say NOTHING.

The press is 100% useless in stopping this. So many times I have watched an interview and wished that the interviewer would actually say STOP the double speak and give me exactly what your stance is.

This is way worse than having the balls to take a real stance and if someone agrees then they get their vote. Period.

Frankly golf will survive without Donald and Donald will be just fine without golf.

Finally I just wonder how many out there quietly agree with what the Donald is saying (maybe not in the manner he said it) but are not willing to either agree with it publicly or worst they feel they have to express criticism of the Donald because they need to protect their image be it for job, church or their standing in the community.

As I've said I am a Canadian so I have no say in this but IMHO -

a)  Illegal immigrants are generally not the "best and brightest" that are immigrating into any country.

b)  Most likely the "best and brightest" are sitting in a long line up somewhere waiting to immigrate but the illegals are jumping the line and getting in ahead of properly screened immigrants.

c)  Countries need to control illegal immigration and it is a fundamental job of the government to protect the interests of their citizens in this respect.

• Upvote 1

I am going against the grain here. I say "no". By dropping Trump they are also saying that illegal immigration is OK, and so is the crime some of those folks bring with them. Trump spoke about "illegal" immigration. Unfortunately some media outlets are leaving out the word "illegal" in their reports about what he spoke about. Yahoo has done it a few times when reporting on this subject.

Also the PGA is saying breaking the law is OK, and please keep spending your money on us and the rest of the golf industry that they represent.

Last poll I saw Trumps potus run is gaining in popularity, which doesn't mean squat because like other candidates do, he probably paid for that poll.

Many are dropping the word "illegal" ......

"Hillary Clinton put Donald Trump in her sights.

In a speech at the National Council of La Raza in Kansas City, the Democratic frontrunner for the presidential nomination expressed her displeasure with the Republican candidate and real estate mogul’s invectives against Mexican immigrants, many of whom Trump said are “drug dealers” and “rapists.”

“It was appalling to hear Donald Trump describe immigrants as drug dealers, racists and criminals,” Clinton said. “He’s talking about people you and I know. He’s talking about people who love this country, work hard and want nothing more than a chance to build a better life for themselves and this country.”"  - http://time.com/3956564/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-basta/

Either Time has reported this incorrectly or Clinton deliberately dropped the word "illegal". To me this is exactly the political double speak that I spoke of in the previous post.

The dropping of the word "illegal" is a massive difference. It is not what the Donald said. He was referring to illegal immigrants.

What does Hillary Clinton think about illegal immigrants?

No-one is talking about immigrants only illegal immigrants. Big f'ing difference.

Have yet to see the press question Hillary on this.

Why shouldn't the Don be president after all you guys elected a Hollywood actor to be president and he never even ran a successful corporation   :)

• Upvote 1

Bingo.

I am Canadian so I don't have a vote but it is refreshing for someone in the political arena to say exactly what is on his mind.

I am so sick and tired of hearing 99.999999% of the politicians (Canadian and US) talk at great lengths about an issue and in the end actually say NOTHING.

The press is 100% useless in stopping this. So many times I have watched an interview and wished that the interviewer would actually say STOP the double speak and give me exactly what your stance is.

This is way worse than having the balls to take a real stance and if someone agrees then they get their vote. Period.

Frankly golf will survive without Donald and Donald will be just fine without golf.

Finally I just wonder how many out there quietly agree with what the Donald is saying (maybe not in the manner he said it) but are not willing to either agree with it publicly or worst they feel they have to express criticism of the Donald because they need to protect their image be it for job, church or their standing in the community.

As I've said I am a Canadian so I have no say in this but IMHO -

a)  Illegal immigrants are generally not the "best and brightest" that are immigrating into any country.

b)  Most likely the "best and brightest" are sitting in a long line up somewhere waiting to immigrate but the illegals are jumping the line and getting in ahead of properly screened immigrants.

c)  Countries need to control illegal immigration and it is a fundamental job of the government to protect the interests of their citizens in this respect.

Spot on.  I'll add that the press not only doesn't do anything to stop it, they encourage it.  Nobody is talking about legal immigrants.  Those people go through an extremely long and arduous process to become American citizens, and deserve all the rights us natural born Americans enjoy.  The illegals make a mockery of that effort and hard work by simply walking across a desert.

• Upvote 1

Many are dropping the word "illegal" ......

"Hillary Clinton put Donald Trump in her sights.

In a speech at the National Council of La Raza in Kansas City, the Democratic frontrunner for the presidential nomination expressed her displeasure with the Republican candidate and real estate mogul’s invectives against Mexican immigrants, many of whom Trump said are “drug dealers” and “rapists.”

“It was appalling to hear Donald Trump describe immigrants as drug dealers, racists and criminals,” Clinton said. “He’s talking about people you and I know. He’s talking about people who love this country, work hard and want nothing more than a chance to build a better life for themselves and this country.”"  - http://time.com/3956564/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-basta/

Either Time has reported this incorrectly or Clinton deliberately dropped the word "illegal". To me this is exactly the political double speak that I spoke of in the previous post.

The dropping of the word "illegal" is a massive difference. It is not what the Donald said. He was referring to illegal immigrants.

What does Hillary Clinton think about illegal immigrants?

No-one is talking about immigrants only illegal immigrants. Big f'ing difference.

Have yet seen the press question Hillary on this. I guess that would be considered racist.

It's not double speak.  Illegal immigrants are still immigrants.  Sorry, but being guilty of one offense doesn't give some blowhard carte blanche to lump them together with the dregs of society.

I've got a speeding ticket before, and it's a safe bet that many people who have received speeding tickets are also rapists or murderers.  If Donald Trump came out and said we need to do something about traffic violators, "many of whom are rapists and murderers" would everybody be OK with that leap??

I think not.

It's not double speak.  Illegal immigrants are still immigrants.  Sorry, but being guilty of one offense doesn't give some blowhard carte blanche to lump them together with the dregs of society. I've got a speeding ticket before, and it's a safe bet that many people who have received speeding tickets are also rapists or murderers.  If Donald Trump came out and said we need to do something about traffic violators, "many of whom are rapists and murderers" would everybody be OK with that leap?? I think not.

I understand your point but you are comparing apples and oranges. Illegal immigrants are criminals by nature of being here illegally. Rape, murder and speeding are all crimes but obviously of different magnitude. Illegal immigrants are completely different than immigrants regardless of the intent or character of the two...one is legal, the other illegal. Now, the correct statement is that not ALL ILLEGAL immigrants are rapist and drug dealers. This is true but nonetheless ALL ILLEGAL immigrants are criminals.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

[quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/83077/should-golf-dump-donald-trump/126#post_1169064"]It's not double speak.  Illegal immigrants are still immigrants.  Sorry, but being guilty of one offense doesn't give some blowhard carte blanche to lump them together with the dregs of society. I've got a speeding ticket before, and it's a safe bet that many people who have received speeding tickets are also rapists or murderers.  If Donald Trump came out and said we need to do something about traffic violators, "many of whom are rapists and murderers" would everybody be OK with that leap?? I think not.

I understand your point but you are comparing apples and oranges. Illegal immigrants are criminals by nature of being here illegally. Rape, murder and speeding are all crimes but obviously of different magnitude. Illegal immigrants are completely different than immigrants regardless of the intent or character of the two...one is legal, the other illegal. Now, the correct statement is that not ALL ILLEGAL immigrants are rapist and drug dealers. This is true but nonetheless ALL ILLEGAL immigrants are criminals.[/quote]DT was specifically referring to illegals that the Mexican government is complicit in sending. Not even necessarily all illegals. It was a specific subset. He failed to explain how he knows their government is sending them, and how they are complicit in sending them. But he was clear their government didn't want to lose their good people, and they were trying to send us their worst.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob0225 View Post

Here is the text of Trump's comments:

Quote:
When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.

If this offends you then you are part of the problem.

DT's statement above does not offend me knowing that he is shooting from his hips without understanding the complex issues, not just on immigration but on many other topics.   But your statement is quite bothersome.  People have difference of opinions, beliefs and they have their reasons just like you have.  Many are offended by DT's above statement and they are part of the problem?   What problem are you referring to exactly?   As I see it, I think it is you who are offending people.

BTW, this thread is about "golf dumping DT."   You and others should stick to the topic instead of turning a "golf" thread into a political one.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I give up.

Strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

He may be egotistical, polarizing and blunt,  but I would say he is far from an idiot as some have accused him of.  He has built a real estate empire and multi-billion dollar business...an idiot isn't going to be that successful.

Yet he's filed for corporate bankruptcy four times. He's just persistent more than good.

Here is the text of Trump's comments:

What about that statement is crazy or untrue?

If this offends you then you are part of the problem.  You are part of this ultra sensitive generation that screams and yells for over-reaching, intrusive laws if they don't like something.

Because it isn't totally true. There is criminals in every ethnicity. All he is doing is stereotyping.

Think of it this way. Who has the better country for opportunities and lifestyle, we do by a large margin over Mexico. Most people who come over the border are people who just want to have a better life.

The issue you have are gangs that take advantage of easily influenced male youths who typically have no father figure, or have a chip on their shoulder because they want a better life. The gang gives them a purpose and meaning in life and a fast track for more money. Many times they supplement themselves as the father figure. The only reason why they are prevalent in ethnic groups is because a much higher percentage of ethnic groups live in poverty. This is why you see gangs in larger population areas because they have higher levels ethnic poverty.

So instead of just stating, "Oh they are latino so they must be rapists and criminals." How about actually acting like a president who sees the actual problem and tries to fix it. A lot of people living in poverty in which gangs have supplanted themselves in the lives of the impressionable youths creating a culture of hate and violence.

Guess what, there are white gangs as well.

That is why Trump is a loudmouth idiot. He stereotypes and rather pass judgement on superficial information rather than sit back and make a logical decision. He's the worst type of person to be a president.

Honestly Trump needs the latino vote. They make up over 16-17% of the population.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Love him or hate him, he walks the walk.

Exactly and while his delivery of the message is poor but the message itself isn't as far off from the truth as some (mostly liberals) like to argue.  Illegal immigrants entered this country without permission, therefore they should all be returned to their countries of origin and file the proper paperwork to enter the country.  Part of the immigration process is to ensure criminals do not enter the country, so those that aren't criminals will have a chance to apply for a VISA just as those from other countries must do.  Many are living in this country and using the resources of this country without contributing a dime in taxes.  Many use illegally obtained SSN's (of deceased Americans) to fake citizenship and bilk the system.

Back to golf, Trump has been good for golf and the LPGA, it will be interesting to see how Whan handles the call out.

Joe Paradiso

Exactly and while his delivery of the message is poor but the message itself isn't as far off from the truth as some (mostly liberals) like to argue.  Illegal immigrants entered this country without permission, therefore they should all be returned to their countries of origin and file the proper paperwork to enter the country.  Part of the immigration process is to ensure criminals do not enter the country, so those that aren't criminals will have a chance to apply for a VISA just as those from other countries must do.  Many are living in this country and using the resources of this country without contributing a dime in taxes.  Many use illegally obtained SSN's (of deceased Americans) to fake citizenship and bilk the system. Back to golf, Trump has been good for golf and the LPGA, it will be interesting to see how Whan handles the call out.

If it's not far from the truth then why is it nothing like what you just said? Everything you said was perfectly sensible, but you didn't say anything about Mexico sending us their rapists and murderers. Maybe Donald should crawl in a hole somewhere and YOU should run for President? ;)

Here is the text of Trump's comments: What about that statement is crazy or untrue?   If this offends you then you are part of the problem.  You are part of this ultra sensitive generation that screams and yells for over-reaching, intrusive laws if they don't like something.   He may be egotistical, polarizing and blunt,  but I would say he is far from an idiot as some have accused him of.  He has built a real estate empire and multi-billion dollar business...an idiot isn't going to be that successful.  I would much rather have someone with his experience.  Someone who has understands that an oppressive and intrusive government is not good in order to make this country great again.  I'd much rather have him then any career politician who has never built or ran anything.

What about that statement is crazy or untrue? Umm... The whole statement is untrue. Read the link from the Washington post I put earlier in the thread. The idea that the Mexican government exports criminals like Castro did in the Mariana boatlift is ridiculous. And The idea that most illegals are criminals or rapists is beyond ridiculous. They have lower arrest rates than Us citizens, and many of those arrest are immigration related, not violent crime. Illegals generally avoid interaction with police, so selling drugs on the street corner is a bad idea for them. Of course some illegals are criminals, or in drug gangs. A population of 10 million illegals will have some bad people.

• Upvote 1

It's not double speak.  Illegal immigrants are still immigrants.  Sorry, but being guilty of one offense doesn't give some blowhard carte blanche to lump them together with the dregs of society.

I've got a speeding ticket before, and it's a safe bet that many people who have received speeding tickets are also rapists or murderers.  If Donald Trump came out and said we need to do something about traffic violators, "many of whom are rapists and murderers" would everybody be OK with that leap??

I think not.

Just need some clarity here with your statement "illegal immigrants are still immigrants".

Are you saying there is no difference between an illegal immigrant and an immigrant that had followed all the procedures and has been approved for immigration by the government?

Because to me the fact that they are in the US illegally makes them criminals PERIOD.

Otherwise why the hell should any country have immigration laws ....... heck just let everyone in why have a border.

I think there is a huge difference when the press or politician leave out the word "illegal".

I only read the first page and everyone was calling DT names like a loon, idiot, loose nut.  It just goes to show what kind of morons we have voting out there. This guy has major degrees and if you look at his family, he has done an amazing job raising these great human beings. Should golf kick DT out?  If they do they are as stupid as the clowns on the first page. It looks like they will but they are only shooting themselves in the foot. DT is telling the truth but the left or the right can't handle that. I'm amazed at how many people will attack this guy and say what an idiot he is. If he's an idiot, I want to be an idiot too. I'd say he has the best chance to win of all the republicans running.  I think most people are tired of politicians and Trump ain't no politician.

He is not an idiot.  He is a good business man.   Golf world can use hit interest in golf.   But DT is a narcissistic megalomaniac IMO (I had close family members who had the same personality disorder and I can spot one mile away).  It's all about he, himself, him.   He loves himself more than he loves anything else and will do anything to make that point.  Take this for example.   He said ISIS are building hotels in Syria.  Immediately after that, he said "Isis is competing against meeeeeeeeee."    Huh?   Isis are doing so many horrific things and that's all DT can say about ISIS?

I know there are small minority of Americans who love what DT is doing.   But if you carefully analyze what he has been saying, it does not take a genius to understand that he is saying a lot of things he can't follow through.  I.e, despite his bravado, he can't walk the walk even if he becomes the prez.   Build a wall between Mexico and USA?  Think about all the roadblocks - env studies, land disputes, budget that it will take, ....   Even if all that roadblock is cleared, it will take decades to build one and that won't prevent Mexicans to come across the border.  Just look at the middle Easterns and North African exodus to Europe.  They do so with their life on the line.   Will to live or seek for a better life can overcome any walls.   Just ask the Chinese about how effective the Great Wall was.  It was not effective at all.  This is just one example of how DT is lying to us.

Another example: Bomb the Iraqi oil field to cut off finance to ISIS?   If you look at what ISIS has been doing, they have been a moving target.  If the allies attack one of their occupied areas, they move on to another city.   Given that pattern, DT has to bomb the entire Iraqi and Syrian oil fields.   That's going to turn more people against USA.  Build a wall around US troops while Exxon is rebuilding the oil fields very quickly?   Why doesn't he put a target sign around our troops necks?

Bottom line, DT is saying a lot of things that does not make sense.   The tragic thing is, some of us are being fooled and is ok for him to represent the Rep party.   And if he becomes the nominee, Dem will win the presidency for sure.   If he is a true Rep, he should have stayed home.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 2948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!