IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is getting :offtopic:

Continue the government/private sector/economy discussion in the post below and I'll try and move the appropriate posts over when I get a chance.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 hours ago, jamo said:

Down by 35% to when? The Democrats essentially had no primary in 2012. Down compared to 2008?

Also, most democrats I know don't care whether its Bernie or Hillary as long as one wins in November.  What's the point of caucusing/voting if you are good with either candidate?

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

58 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Because those programs exist for a reason.  Sure some may be poorly ran and that could be improved.  But you can't just cut defense, as that brings up national security issues.  You can't cut healthcare, and leave people sick and without hope.  You can't cut education and leave children with no future...

You CAN improve the efficiency with how those programs are administered.  And do so without raising taxes.

59 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

But you can raise taxes and make people do without food?

56 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

How does raising taxes on the wealthier americans leave them without food?

As my salary has increased over the years, so has my marginal tax rate.  I don't get as big of a percentage of my check but my take home pay is far greater.  I am fine with that and I have never had concerns over food because my tax rate is higher...  

People who earn more should be taxed higher to help out lower income families with government programs and benefits.  Just because you are privileged does not mean you don't have a burden to pay back to other citizens. 

Wrong.  Those who make more worked their butts off to get there, and to tell them that since they did so well, the government is going to siphon off the excess removes any incentive to achieve success.  Those with a degree of wealth are the ones with growing companies who supply the jobs for the rest of us.  Take away their profits and you take away their incentive to grow, and that takes away the jobs they supply and just adds more people to the national dole.

49 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

How does raising taxes on ANYBODY leave people without food?!  If anything higher taxes would mean more food.  More money to government programs for those in need of such items like food and health care.  

How the hell does raising taxes increase the food supply???

42 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

First off, it's a tiny fraction of your take home pay.  It's not like a tax increase would force you to sell your house and car to make ends meet...

Second off, it's a burden you have as a citizen of this country.  Take a little off mine to make sure other less privileged are better off.  Not everybody is given the same opportunities in this country and fellow citizens have a duty to help each other.

Third off, those government programs improve our quality of life and provide innovations for the future.  Wanna lose NASA and all their technological advancements?

We contribute to a number of charities voluntarily.  I don't need the federal government deciding where my charitable contributions are going to go.  While I acknowledge that there are people who are truly in need, those folks are not as numerous as the roster of those receiving "aid".  The excesses and liberties associated with government dole programs are legendary.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

27 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

You CAN improve the efficiency with how those programs are administered.  And do so without raising taxes.

Wrong.  Those who make more worked their butts off to get there, and to tell them that since they did so well, the government is going to siphon off the excess removes any incentive to achieve success.  Those with a degree of wealth are the ones with growing companies who supply the jobs for the rest of us.  Take away their profits and you take away their incentive to grow, and that takes away the jobs they supply and just adds more people to the national dole.

How the hell does raising taxes increase the food supply???

We contribute to a number of charities voluntarily.  I don't need the federal government deciding where my charitable contributions are going to go.  While I acknowledge that there are people who are truly in need, those folks are not as numerous as the roster of those receiving "aid".  The excesses and liberties associated with government dole programs are legendary.

Here comes the white privilege posts.  You didn't work harder than everyone else.  You got lucky in life.  

Be courteous and help out your fellow citizens.  

Tony  

21 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Here comes the white privilege posts.  You didn't work harder than everyone else.  You got lucky in life.  

I think you're in the wrong thread.  You need to start one for Bernie Sanders.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

33 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Lucky in life???

That's what it's called now?

Lucky enough to know the way to better yourself is to get up off your ass and work for it rather than hold out your hand......

The racist stuff is really unnecessary as well.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

24 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

Lucky in life???

That's what it's called now?

Lucky enough to know the way to better yourself is to get up off your ass and work for it rather than hold out your hand......

The racist stuff is really unnecessary as well.

Mmm not racist... At all.   

And for everyone like you there's is a million people who work just as hard or harder and can barely make enough to get by. 

Dont kid yourself, you are extremely blessed to be in your situation.  Hard work alone doesn't guarantee anything. 

Tony  

1 hour ago, Fourputt said:

Those who make more worked their butts off to get there, and to tell them that since they did so well, the government is going to siphon off the excess removes any incentive to achieve success. 

That is absurd.

2 hours ago, pumaAttack said:

Mmm not racist... At all.   

And for everyone like you there's is a million people who work just as hard or harder and can barely make enough to get by. 

Dont kid yourself, you are extremely blessed to be in your situation.  Hard work alone doesn't guarantee anything. 

Not a racist comment? I guess I don't know what that means anymore then.

I agree hard work alone does not guarantee anything.

I try to remember to count my blessings every day.  Sitting around and hoping for a handout is certainly not the way to go though.

2 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

That is absurd.

Not absurd at all.  It certainly can reduce incentive.  To work that is. I guess it depends how you define success.  If you define success by maximizing your income, at times it pays more to work less.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

2 hours ago, pumaAttack said:

You got lucky in life.  

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

That is absurd.

Please see response in 

Jon

18 hours ago, Braivo said:

He has said this over and over throughout his life, he captures it well in his books. He doesn't take dumb risks. People think he is a "loose cannon" but he is far from. He is meticulous and pragmatic when choosing which endeavors to pursue, including a run for President. 

There will be short-term pain involved with any measure that is going to turn around this sinking ship. If he can pull more manufacturing back into the US via better trade deals it will offset any loss in government payroll.

Trump is working his way toward solidarity with the establishment, he won't get anything done without their cooperation and he knows it. There isn't a wave of "Trump party" candidates lining up in congress, he has to work with them. 

Heh, he didn't call it a "Major" championship in the strict sense, but rather that it was a big tournament. 

Michigan could very likely go red for Trump, first time since 1988. Many of those Bernie supporters may go Trump in the GE because 1) he is anti-establishment and 2) he is signalling some toughness on trade. The working class in MI is fed up with Democrats, they will vote for a man who promises closed borders and better trade deals. 

Don't forget there are still huge contests left on the coasts, where Trump will likely dominate. Cruz does well with evangelicals, but that's about it. 

If Trump takes OH and FL next week it's all but over. 

Again, lots of people think Trump is a wild loose cannon, but his track record shows just the opposite. He doesn't just shoot first and ask questions later, he is pragmatic and chooses the battles that will make the most impact. 

I do feel at times he opens his mouth before engaging brain (as im sure we all do at times :-P)

He often comes over a little arrogant ,but then again do does Alan Sugar, both self made wealthy business men. May come with the territory as they say.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2016/3/1/11140900/donald-trump-urban-meyer-quotes-speech-super-tuesday-decision-2016

I never heard Urban say anything about Trump. Trump admits to never meeting Urban at the time of saying this.

In the end Trump can't sway Urban to support him,

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25511512/ohio-state-coach-urban-meyer-endorses-john-kasich-for-president

Urban is sticking with the Ohio guy, Kasich ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trumps-sweeping-statements-on-islam-are-in-line-with-gop-opinions/

Seems like from surveys Trumps blanket statements on Islam are inline with most republicans.

But those facts may not carry much weight with many Republicans. In a survey conducted in January, Pew found that 65 percent of Republicans or those who lean Republican want to hear blunt talk about Islam, even if it includes blanket statements about the faith, while 29 percent prefer that politicians be careful not to criticize the faith as a whole. Only 22 percent of Democrats and those who lean Democratic want politicians to use sweeping statements to criticize Islam, while 70 percent prefer more nuanced approaches.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

7 hours ago, saevel25 said:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trumps-sweeping-statements-on-islam-are-in-line-with-gop-opinions/

Seems like from surveys Trumps blanket statements on Islam are inline with most republicans.

Right, he was just the first one that was bold enough to say it out loud, now everyone is jumping on board. He leads on all of the important issues. 

That entire debate last night was a contest to see who could parrot Trump's platform the best. No one differed from him on a single point, he has completely shifted the platform of the Republican Party. It will never be the same. 

He called for unity last night. When he wins FL and OH on Tuesday it is all over. 

- Mark

29 minutes ago, Braivo said:

He called for unity last night. When he wins FL and OH on Tuesday it is all over.

It's going to be tight in Ohio. Ohio likes Kasich.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/oh/ohio_republican_presidential_primary-4077.html

It would be a pretty big hit to Trump if Kasich can bury those 66 delegates with him.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

41 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

It's going to be tight in Ohio. Ohio likes Kasich.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/oh/ohio_republican_presidential_primary-4077.html

It would be a pretty big hit to Trump if Kasich can bury those 66 delegates with him.

Yup, looks to be quite a contest there. It seems the only reason Kasich and Rubio are still in the contest is to win OH and FL, respectively, and force a brokered convention. It's not a flattering strategy for the GOP. 

- Mark

58 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Yup, looks to be quite a contest there. It seems the only reason Kasich and Rubio are still in the contest is to win OH and FL, respectively, and force a brokered convention. It's not a flattering strategy for the GOP. 

I'm kind of happy we have these debates. Rubio has shown the true depth of his knowledge and experience in the Thursday debates.

Cruz looks much better than I thought, but I still think Trump has a better chance against the Democrats.

It's definitely a close race between the two candidates.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!