IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note:Β This thread is 2955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

7 hours ago, RandallT said:

I can't think of a SINGLE Republican who could effectively step up from the bench at the convention and run with the nomination with any authority. It's just a non-starter. Who am I missing?

Probably the most competent ones are not willing to put their name out there like that. It might be political suicide. You never see a president go back to being a senator or representative. Some people like the cushy seats in congress.

I actually think Kasich would have made a good president. Not great, but good. He has a good temperament.Β His voting base is more moderate republicans so he might have faired well against Clinton in getting independent votes.

In the end they wouldn't give Kasich the nod because he actually ran and didn't do particularly well because today's society is more keen on electing with emotion over logic.

It would look horrible to just hand the nomination to a guy who's not getting delegates even close to Trump.

So that leaves Cruz and Kasich. Kasich- no way. He's just out of step with the times. Good guy, good governor. He's not gonna make up the deficit. He seems stuck in the 80s, and has zero charisma.

I think charisma is over rated. Especially against Hillary. I just don't see her being that much more charismatic than Kasich.

I wouldn't put charismatic as the top priority for a president. Used car salesmen are charismatic but you wouldn't trust them to hold your wallet. ;)

So basically I think Trump is the alpha male, and he'll win this nomination. The media is totally overthinking it and making this more dramatic than it is. (I'll gladly eat my words if this is wrong!)

Or he's that little Chihuahua dog who keeps yapping all the time ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks like the GOP and billionaires are getting nervous Trump might actually win and met on a private island in part to discuss how to stop him with some of the top electedΒ republican politicians. Β 

http://abc7news.com/politics/top-ceos-republicans-reportedly-plot-to-stop-donald-trump-in-secret-meeting/1237933/

I've read and heard rumblings of the "illuminati", a supposed powerful group made up of the top money and politicians in the world that pull strings behind the scenes to ensure their "world" is not upset. Β While I'm not a member of the tin foil hat club, I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't more to it after reading pieces like this. Β 

A guy like Trump could really mess things up for an "illuminati" type groupΒ by implementing term limits and forcing these billionaires to show their true colors versus the "person of the people" they try to portray. Β Interesting they all claim to be willing to pay more in taxes to help the poor yet not one writes a gift check to the IRS to soothe their conscience. Β  They all claim to want better for the poor and minorities just as long as it's not impacting their world. Β Leonardo DiCaprio preaches to us during the Oscars about climate change while he owns and rents expensive yachts and private jetsΒ that do more damageΒ than all of us here on TST combined. Β 

The more I see and read the more I think I want to vote for Trump just to make these hypocrites squirm. Β Cruz is too evangelical for my liking and Kasich is too nice a guy to beat Hillary on his own. Β I'm not sure anyone in the GOP can stop Hillary but I know Trump will do everything possible to win. Β I'm also not sure Hillary is mentally strong enough to handle the barrage Trump will throw at her about her personal and professional life. Β 

Joe Paradiso

46 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Or he's that little Chihuahua dog who keeps yapping all the time ;)

He's aΒ beneficiary of the current zeitgeist and Republican Party fissures whose personality perfectly fits to exploit a moment in time.Β  ;)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I've never seen a campaign where democrats and republicans both agree so much on any topic before. Trump has united them in a common cause. I just wonder what that cause is where both sides of the political spectrum are banding together?

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

Looks like the GOP and billionaires are getting nervous Trump might actually win and met on a private island in part to discuss how to stop him with some of the top electedΒ republican politicians.

I think the video above shows exactly this process. It could be the best ad ever for Donald Trump, to be honest. Highlights exactly what you're saying that it just makes you want to vote for whoever is against this type of cabal.Β These are the power-brokers behind the scenes? Seems like a good-ol' boy network that needs to be broken up.

Β 

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

I think charisma is over rated.

I wish you were right. I have a tendency to go for non-charismatic choices, as their policies tend to be what I find more substantive. My track record for picking winners isn't good though!Β :-PΒ 

My Swing

Driver:Β :ping:Β G30, Irons:Β :tmade:Β Burner 2.0, Putter:Β :cleveland:, Balls:Β :snell:

Call meΒ ultra cynical, but think of the movie All The King's Men (1949). Yeah, you kick the establishment out. Then you become the establishment. And it's sometimes worse. I don't like the establishment. I don't like the usurpers. Everyone is corrupt. It's all dirty.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 minutes ago, RandallT said:

I think the video above shows exactly this process. It could be the best ad ever for Donald Trump, to be honest. Highlights exactly what you're saying that it just makes you want to vote for whoever is against this type of cabal.Β These are the power-brokers behind the scenes? Seems like a good-ol' boy network that needs to be broken up.

How do you know he didn't help out with its production? :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

10 hours ago, RandallT said:

I wouldn't really worry. I think this is Trump's nomination. Here's why:

First, who could the GOPe (establishment) bring in off the bench? Certainly none of the guys who have dropped so far. And who is on the bench? Paul Ryan?Β Mitt? Doubtful to me. I initially thought the Republicans were deep in leadership with governors and senators, but now I've realized that each of their "stars" hasΒ fatal flaws. Our political class is truly horrible when you pause to look at each one. I can't think of a SINGLE Republican who could effectively step up from the bench at the convention and run with the nomination with any authority. It's just a non-starter. Who am I missing?

So that leaves Cruz and Kasich. Kasich- no way. He's just out of step with the times. Good guy, good governor. He's not gonna make up the deficit. He seems stuck in the 80s, and has zero charisma.

Cruz- doubtful. He's the one guy that the GOPe fears more than Trump. They won't unite around Cruz. Plus, my high-schooler summed it up perfectly when she first saw Cruz a while back, "ewwwwww." Conservatives love his ideological purity, but he's just a bit creepy looking, and his charisma is lacking. He dropped a lot in not backing Trump over the protestors too.Β He doesn'tΒ catch fire except afterΒ debates (where he zings Trump well), and Trump is shutting those down, wisely. What vehicle does Cruz have now? Press conferences? Rallies? Trump can move the needle- Cruz can't.

Even if Trump doesn't get the delegates needed by the convention, he's a wheeler dealer. The convention could play to his advantage, as I doubt Cruz knows how to negotiate his way to the nomination. Heck, Trump got Carson to endorse him! Carson's the guy Trump compared to a pedophile!Β Trump can make deals, that's his life story.Β 

So basically I think Trump is the alpha male, and he'll win this nomination. The media is totally overthinking it and making this more dramatic than it is. (I'll gladly eat my words if this is wrong!)

(disclaimer: none of this has to deal with any policies, qualifications, or ideology. Just strictly personality and charisma.Β In my mind, the media obscures all that wonky stuff in their coverage, and it'll be a brawl at a personal level for most people. CNN today spent most of their coverage talking about what a racist, sexist, irresponsible, violent person Trump is- basically calling the electorate the same thing. They totally overlook Trump's charisma and the lack of charisma of his opponents. This election is not about issues, nor about "how" Trump wil do anything, it's about who people will be proud to have as their leader to stand up for them. The wonky analysis seems irrelevant so far.)

Β 

^^^This. The thing is, the more CNN and others keep calling him names, the more it emboldens his supporters, this is exactly what he wants. They play right into his hand. It is also exposing the the media as the public face of the "illuminati" ----->>>

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

Looks like the GOP and billionaires are getting nervous Trump might actually win and met on a private island in part to discuss how to stop him with some of the top electedΒ republican politicians. Β 

http://abc7news.com/politics/top-ceos-republicans-reportedly-plot-to-stop-donald-trump-in-secret-meeting/1237933/

I've read and heard rumblings of the "illuminati", a supposed powerful group made up of the top money and politicians in the world that pull strings behind the scenes to ensure their "world" is not upset. Β While I'm not a member of the tin foil hat club, I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't more to it after reading pieces like this. Β 

A guy like Trump could really mess things up for an "illuminati" type groupΒ by implementing term limits and forcing these billionaires to show their true colors versus the "person of the people" they try to portray. Β Interesting they all claim to be willing to pay more in taxes to help the poor yet not one writes a gift check to the IRS to soothe their conscience. Β  They all claim to want better for the poor and minorities just as long as it's not impacting their world. Β Leonardo DiCaprio preaches to us during the Oscars about climate change while he owns and rents expensive yachts and private jetsΒ that do more damageΒ than all of us here on TST combined. Β 

The more I see and read the more I think I want to vote for Trump just to make these hypocrites squirm. Β Cruz is too evangelical for my liking and Kasich is too nice a guy to beat Hillary on his own. Β I'm not sure anyone in the GOP can stop Hillary but I know Trump will do everything possible to win. Β I'm also not sure Hillary is mentally strong enough to handle the barrage Trump will throw at her about her personal and professional life. Β 

I read extensively about this secret meeting and it confirms everything that everyone has suspected for a long time. All of the power brokers want to keep the world just as it is now, it is good for (their) business. Free trade, open borders, cheap labor, etc. This all benefits them.

Most elections are simply a distraction, "they" set it up this way. They get us fighting over social issues like abortion (distracts the conservatives) and gay marriage (liberals). Meanwhile it is business as usual for them as they rake in profits. They own the politicians on the issues that matter to them, Democrat or Republican, they own both sides. They don't care, so long as major economic policies like immigration, valuation of currencies, and free trade with China are left untouched.Β 

This is exactly why they all fear Trump, every one of them. Make no mistake, if Trump deals his way to the nomination these power brokers will support Hillary with everything they've got. They'd rather have a liberal that keeps the status quo than a man that could uncover the greatest scheme of our time. They are very, very afraid.Β 

This is why he gets my vote, he isn't a perfect man, but he is the only chance for breaking up this establishment of power brokers that owns our country.Β 

Also, as others have mentioned, do not underestimate charisma. The man that stands up tall and look strong, with a strength for conveying his message, is going to be very tough to beat.Β 

- Mark

^^^^

The scheme has been uncovered for a long time but politics plays to emotions, those in power preachΒ fear and Β Β paranoia, the media plays up theseΒ emotions depending on whom it supports,Β andΒ all reason leaves the building, or in this case, the country, andΒ people vote against their interests.

You do know that Trump also plays that game -- paranoia, fear, lies -- he is no different.

Pick your poison.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

^^^^

The scheme has been uncovered for a long time but politics plays to emotions, those in power preachΒ fear and Β Β paranoia, the media plays up theseΒ emotions depending on whom it supports,Β andΒ all reason leaves the building, or in this case, the country, andΒ people vote against their interests.

You do know that Trump also plays that game -- paranoia, fear, lies -- he is no different.

Pick your poison.

He doesn't sound like a distant observer like the career politicians. He sounds afraid of the same things we're afraid of, and it doesn't sound like a game to him.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Call meΒ ultra cynical, but think of the movie All The King's Men (1949). Yeah, you kick the establishment out. Then you become the establishment. And it's sometimes worse. I don't like the establishment. I don't like the usurpers. Everyone is corrupt. It's all dirty.

Think back to the great Tea Party uprising of 08-10.
How many of them got elected or are currently serving?
The Senate currently has 4 senators out of 100, who are memeber of the Tea Party Caucus
The houseΒ 48 / 435 members.
Elected Tea Party Members include:
Ted Cruz
Β 
Mitch McConnell
Rand Paul
Sessions
Michelle Bachman

Look at Tim Walberg from Michigan.
He is such an outsider of the establishment that before coming to the House he was in the Michigan House of Rep from January 3, 1983 – January 3, 1999.

The point is that the Rally Cry for the tea party was to get rid of the establishment (mostly democrats), however once they got in, these tea partiers/outsider just became another cog in the system.

What makes anyone think that Trump will start the wave that will wash politicians out of DC?
I dont know any layman (of women) who is going from being a brick layer to a Representative, with out the help of a Political Party, PAC or Billionaire!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey Β Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

1 hour ago, Braivo said:

^^^This. The thing is, the more CNN and others keep calling him names, the more it emboldens his supporters, this is exactly what he wants. They play right into his hand. It is also exposing the the media as the public face of the "illuminati" ----->>>

I read extensively about this secret meeting and it confirms everything that everyone has suspected for a long time. All of the power brokers want to keep the world just as it is now, it is good for (their) business. Free trade, open borders, cheap labor, etc. This all benefits them.

Most elections are simply a distraction, "they" set it up this way. They get us fighting over social issues like abortion (distracts the conservatives) and gay marriage (liberals). Meanwhile it is business as usual for them as they rake in profits. They own the politicians on the issues that matter to them, Democrat or Republican, they own both sides. They don't care, so long as major economic policies like immigration, valuation of currencies, and free trade with China are left untouched.Β 

This is exactly why they all fear Trump, every one of them. Make no mistake, if Trump deals his way to the nomination these power brokers will support Hillary with everything they've got. They'd rather have a liberal that keeps the status quo than a man that could uncover the greatest scheme of our time. They are very, very afraid.Β 

This is why he gets my vote, he isn't a perfect man, but he is the only chance for breaking up this establishment of power brokers that owns our country.Β 

Also, as others have mentioned, do not underestimate charisma. The man that stands up tall and look strong, with a strength for conveying his message, is going to be very tough to beat.Β 

Trump is the biggest power broker of all. He just has no government experience. That makes him the worst possible choice. Β He may be the first person to run for an office that truly understands how to use television to his advantage.

Edited by ppine

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

"Meet the new Boss! Same as the Old Boss!" - Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

You may not think Trump is a racist!
You may not think his message is intentionally racist!
Β 

but the question we should be asking is why are so many racists flocking to Trump and his candidacy ??

Β 

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/17/pbs_airs_segment_with_trump_supporting_family_doesnt_notice_mothers_white_supremacist_tattoos/Β 

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey Β Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

On 6/17/2015 at 11:39 AM, rkim291968 said:

I ended up catching CNN's highlight of Donald Trump's media event declaring his candidacy for the US President.Β Β Β  Thoughts?

It reminded me of Radio News episode where Jimmy James declares his candidacy.Β  At least, JJ was likeable.Β  Can't stand Donald Trump's narcissistic rambling ....

The first post in this thread. Thought I would pull a few from the first page to see how far this whole story has come. Amazing to think that 9 months ago what seemed absolutely insane is becoming reality.Β 

On 6/17/2015 at 11:41 AM, Mr. Desmond said:

The guy likes to talk .... about his greatness... :-$

True! Still does! Doesn't seem to hurt his support though.Β 

On 6/17/2015 at 11:58 AM, David in FL said:

Good God no!

LOL.Β 

On 6/17/2015 at 0:20 PM, newtogolf said:

I can'tΒ see Trump winning the republican nomination so I see himΒ having to run as an independent and have the same impact asΒ Ross Perot did.

Said everyone back then. How many agree now?

On 6/17/2015 at 6:14 PM, Mr. Desmond said:

Story is that he paid NYC actors for showing up at his announcement -- $50 for 3 hrs of attendance and free t-shirts.

Still believe this story now? Does he pay 30,000 people to jam arenas for his rallies?Β 

On 6/18/2015 at 8:34 AM, saevel25 said:

He's a clown show.

You may not be wrong, but it's a clown show that is the presumed Republican nominee.Β 

- Mark

6 minutes ago, Elmer said:

You may not think Trump is a racist!
You may not think his message is intentionally racist!

but the question we should be asking is why are so many racists flocking to Trump and his candidacy ??

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/17/pbs_airs_segment_with_trump_supporting_family_doesnt_notice_mothers_white_supremacist_tattoos/Β 

The WaPo goes into more detail about The NewsHour's piece with some input from the ADL:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2016/03/17/pbs-issues-second-editors-note-on-trump-supporters-white-supremacist-tattoos/

Here's TYT's take on it:

Β 

Steve

16 minutes ago, Braivo said:

The first post in this thread. Thought I would pull a few from the first page to see how far this whole story has come. Amazing to think that 9 months ago what seemed absolutely insane is becoming reality.Β 

Still believe this story now? Does he pay 30,000 people to jam arenas for his rallies?Β 

Β 

Yes, I do think he paid actors to attend his first rally. The Drumpster is a showman and an actor, besides a host of other descriptions. And that was the beginning.

Problem is that his experience is not a resume for leading a country, and neither is his temperament. I'm waiting for the Hillary commercial showing Donald and then a nuclear bomb blast, and asking "Can you trust this man?"

No one likes Hillary except 60+ yr old women and minorities, but I think she wins because Donald scares the heck out of a majority of voters.

Remember, only a small percentage of people vote in these primaries -- not even a majority of GOP voters.

I don't see the attraction to the Donald or any knowledge of issues in his answers Β or solutions. I do hearΒ fear,lies, Β and paraonoia, and that is apparently enough to win the nomination for a party that deserves the Donald.

A big ugh for anyone in these elections, although

Kasich seems like a good guy.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

6 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Yes, I do think he paid actors to attend his first rally. The Drumpster is a showman and an actor, besides a host of other descriptions. And that was the beginning.

Problem is that his experience is not a resume for leading a country, and neither is his temperament. I'm waiting for the Hillary commercial showing Donald and then a nuclear bomb blast, and asking "Can you trust this man?"

No one likes Hillary except 60+ yr old women and minorities, but I think she wins because Donald scares the heck out of a majority of voters.

Remember, only a small percentage of people vote in these primaries -- not even a majority of GOP voters.

I don't see the attraction to the Donald or any knowledge of issues in his answers Β or solutions. I do hearΒ fear,lies, Β and paraonoia, and that is apparently enough to win the nomination for a party that deserves the Donald.

A big ugh for anyone in these elections, although

Kasich seems like a good guy.

The only attraction to Trump is that the GOP establishment andΒ ultra wealthy are scared of him which makes me think he's a real threat to them. Β Prior to Trump, they couldΒ sit back and say the politically correct things but sleep soundly at night knowing that their lives won't change one bit. Β 

Trump is ahead in the polls so now they are forced to scheduleΒ secret meetings on an island trying to come up with a plan to stop him. Β It warms my heart that the likes of Ryan, McConnell, Boehner and the other GOP sellouts are in a panic over Trump. Β Hopefully it's a wake up call that they've failed to do what they were elected to and they better change their ways. Β Kudos to Cruz for calling out McConnell for cutting a back room dealΒ on TPP as well. Β Β Β 

I hope Trump wins and his first action is to impose term limits on all these career politicians who are getting rich while being puppets for big business and lobbyists. Β 

Joe Paradiso

Note:Β This thread is 2955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!