IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Golfer2223 said:

Kasich really is the turd in the pool at this point.

As we have found, some turds look like a turd, but taste really good.

As to Trump (from NYT, written by a man described as one who served in the last 3 GOP Administrations):

In 1838, as a 28-year-old state legislator, Abraham Lincoln delivered an address at the Young Men’s Lyceum of Springfield, Ill. The speech was given in the aftermath of the lynching of a mixed-race boatman and the burning of a black abolitionist newspaper editor. Lincoln warned that a “mobocratic spirit” and “wild and furious passions” posed a threat to republican institutions. He also alerted people to the danger of individuals — “an Alexander, a Caesar or a Napoleon?” — who, in their search for glory and power, might pose a threat to American self-government.

“Is it unreasonable, then, to expect that some man possessed of the loftiest genius, coupled with ambition sufficient to push it to its utmost stretch, will at some time spring up among us?” Lincoln asked.

The antidote to this threat, Lincoln argued, was to cultivate a “political religion” that emphasized “reverence for the laws.” Passion was our enemy, he warned; it had to be contained. “Reason — cold, calculating, unimpassioned reason — must furnish all the materials for our future support and defense.”

Hail, Caesar...

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 3/19/2016 at 7:02 PM, Gunther said:

Wtf?  Do you have any clue who these demonstrators are? They are evil, haters who cannot tolerate America's success.  Read up on these groups and stop listening to the mainstream media who champions them.

This is the battle.  Trump is standing up to them.  He knows he is not a racist, thus, does not fear being characterized as such by these hate-mongers.  No other GOP candidate would have the balls to stand up to this.  It's the Donald's greatest asset.

Trump hits back harder than he gets hit. This is what America has been missing. These groups want to destroy America simply because it gives them some feeling of purpose in otherwise meaningless lives filled with pop culture consumption. 

On Saturday some idiots cables themselves to cars and blocked access to a Trump rally. For what? Who are the monsters here? The liberals and "conservatives" must be very careful, Trump has blown the lid on their schemes. 

On 3/20/2016 at 9:46 PM, Golfingdad said:

Because of the way he talks about and treats women, disabled people, Mexicans, Muslims, etc, etc.

No one near Trump, nor any of this thousands of employees, have called him racist or sexist. He is an outspoken supporter of veterans, he helps people and doesn't seek credit for it, he has no need to signal his moral superiority like every other liberal and conservative out there. The guy is proud of his family, his business, his city, his nation, and he makes no apologies for it. 

We have turned into a nation of victims, where the biggest victim seems to win the prize of 15 minutes of fame. Most of us hard-working folks are tired of that. We don't play the victim card and we are sick of it being played on us.

- Mark

8 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Trump hits back harder than he gets hit. This is what America has been missing. These groups want to destroy America simply because it gives them some feeling of purpose in otherwise meaningless lives filled with pop culture consumption. 

On Saturday some idiots cables themselves to cars and blocked access to a Trump rally. For what? Who are the monsters here? The liberals and "conservatives" must be very careful, Trump has blown the lid on their schemes. 

No one near Trump, nor any of this thousands of employees, have called him racist or sexist. He is an outspoken supporter of veterans, he helps people and doesn't seek credit for it, he has no need to signal his moral superiority like every other liberal and conservative out there. The guy is proud of his family, his business, his city, his nation, and he makes no apologies for it. 

We have turned into a nation of victims, where the biggest victim seems to win the prize of 15 minutes of fame. Most of us hard-working folks are tired of that. We don't play the victim card and we are sick of it being played on us.

look, i dont vote.  so i wont be voting for or against Donny.

but from where i sit, out of the mans own mouth, i can see that he is an asshole. he is a bigot. and i dont think he will be a good president, if only for him not being nearly as intelligent as some people think he is.

Colin P.

On 3/19/2016 at 0:27 PM, saevel25 said:

I agree. The eye test doesn't add up for Trump. He's got people thinking it's unfair for them to say anything bad about him when he's freely able to say bad things about others.

This pretty much sums it up ;) 

That was a good video

Still think Trump will build a wall?
Still think it will only cost 6, maybe 8 or only 12 Billion? (not including infrastructure and maintenance)
Still think it will be effective? 
Think it will be more eggective than the GWB fence? (which robbed citizens of ownership of their property!)

Once again, John Oliver nails it. He shows what a joke this idea of a wall really is?

It will not work, it wont change anything. There is only 2 things the wall will accomplishes:

1- it will do is take away land from Citizens of These United States.

2- furthers my opinion that Trump is a demagogue 

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

1 hour ago, Elmer said:

That was a good video

Still think Trump will build a wall?
Still think it will only cost 6, maybe 8 or only 12 Billion? (not including infrastructure and maintenance)
Still think it will be effective? 
Think it will be more eggective than the GWB fence? (which robbed citizens of ownership of their property!)

Once again, John Oliver nails it. He shows what a joke this idea of a wall really is?

It will not work, it wont change anything. There is only 2 things the wall will accomplishes:

1- it will do is take away land from Citizens of These United States.

2- furthers my opinion that Trump is a demagogue 

Awesome video.  Can a Trump supporter please explain this build the wall plan?

I would love to hear a counter argument to what was said in the  video..  

What I loved the most is Trumps changing estimate of how much the wall will cost.  

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

4 hours ago, colin007 said:

look, i dont vote.  so i wont be voting for or against Donny.

but from where i sit, out of the mans own mouth, i can see that he is an asshole. he is a bigot. and i dont think he will be a good president, if only for him not being nearly as intelligent as some people think he is.

I concur. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

7 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

I concur. 

You do, eh? ;-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 1:14 AM, Gunther said:

Anyone questioning this now?  Seems traffic on this thread has slowed considerably since Trump started running the table.  Kinda fun.  (Trump not my guy but I'll be voting for him in the General.)

Let's go ahead and make America great again, shall we?

America is already great. But it wouldn't be for long with that buffoon as POTUS.

Bill M

27 minutes ago, phan52 said:

America is already great. But it wouldn't be for long with that buffoon as POTUS.

Some people differ with your opinion, this is from a cable show but pretty much covers a lot of the frustration that exists today.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zabb3fxGTPk

Joe Paradiso

Just now, newtogolf said:

Some people differ with your opinion, this is from a cable show but pretty much sums some of the frustration that exists today.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zabb3fxGTPk

You are giving me a scripted TV show as an example of . . . what? That "Reality" TV Star Donald Trump knows what he is talking about? For starters, his whole thing about "the wall" and immigration is so far from reality that it would be laughable if it wasn't so sad and dangerous.

Bill M

46 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

You do, eh? ;-)

That about sums up Canadian sentiment on this issue. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

10 minutes ago, phan52 said:

You are giving me a scripted TV show as an example of . . . what? That "Reality" TV Star Donald Trump knows what he is talking about? For starters, his whole thing about "the wall" and immigration is so far from reality that it would be laughable if it wasn't so sad and dangerous.

I'm giving you reasons why some don't think America is "great" today and the reasons why.  Just because it's a scripted show doesn't mean the sentiment doesn't apply.  

At least Trump wants to solve the illegal immigration problem, it's better than Obama who has done nothing to prevent millions or illegal aliens from entering the country.  

2 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

That about sums up Canadian sentiment on this issue. 

So Trump isn't welcome for making stupid comments but  (hopefully soon to be criminal) Hillary is welcome?  

Joe Paradiso

12 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I'm giving you reasons why some don't think America is "great" today and the reasons why.  Just because it's a scripted show doesn't mean the sentiment doesn't apply.  

At least Trump wants to solve the illegal immigration problem, it's better than Obama who has done nothing to prevent millions or illegal aliens from entering the country.  

See, there is where you are wrong. First of all, the undocumented immigrants that are here have been here a long time. long before Obama became POTUS. In fact, Obama has absolutely deported plenty of illegal immigrants and, BTW, net immigration is down; there are more leaving than coming in. Here is a serious discussion about immigration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QrVfV5l8dw

Trump is full of it. He knows nothing about the issue and is simply pushing buttons to get people pissed off. There is no way we are deporting 11 million people who have family here and have a stake here. We need to legalize (I didn't say citizenship) them and make them whole so they pay their taxes like everybody else. They are not welfare cheats. They work their asses off for their families and love America every bit as much as you do. 

And the wall. What a joke, Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8dCYocuyI

Edited by phan52

Bill M

10 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

So Trump isn't welcome for making stupid comments but  (hopefully soon to be criminal) Hillary is welcome?  

Wait a minute.. In this case doing nothing is still better than building a wall that will cost billions, don't you think?  Please tell me you wouldn't actually support building the big wall of USA?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

16 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Immigration. Tough question. Heck even Republicans would not pass Bush's immigration act and Bush did know something about immigration.

Does Trump want to solve it? Or is he giving an easy, expensive answer? (I don't know). I do  know a wall will probably take a decade or more to build and the cost to build and staff it will be enormous. I think it's a poor investment. We don't even know if it will work. And a wall does not solve the root problem -- which are the policies of other countries. I think it would be a lot less expensive to put extreme pressure on governments whose people are running for safety to our borders (and of course there are the bad guys that want to get in).

As to Obama, it's tough. His party calls him a traitor for being "deporter in chief" and others blame him for doing nothing because he shows some empathy.

I think it is Congress' Duty to pass an immigration bill - they had one - and then shirked their duty by doing nothing, and then doing nothing since 2013. They put Obama in a crappy position.

But I share the views that we need to do something on immigration. I just do not think Donald has the best businesslike answer. In fact, it is a poor answer for a smart businessman.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

6 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Immigration. Tough question. Heck even Republicans would not pass Bush's immigration act and Bush did know something about immigration.

Does Trump want to solve it? Or is he giving an easy, expensive answer? (I don't know). I do  know a wall will probably take a decade or more to build and the cost to build and staff it will be enormous. I think it's a poor investment. We don't even know if it will work. And a wall does not solve the root problem -- which are the policies of other countries. I think it would be a lot less expensive to put extreme pressure on governments whose people are running for safety to our borders (and of course there are the bad guys that want to get in).

As to Obama, it's tough. His party calls him a traitor for being "deporter in chief" and others blame him for doing nothing because he shows some empathy.

I think it is Congress' Duty to pass an immigration bill - they had one - and then shirked their duty by doing nothing, and then doing nothing since 2013. They put Obama in a crappy position.

But I share the views that we need to do something on immigration. I just do not think Donald has the best businesslike answer. In fact, it is a poor answer for a smart businessman.

I agree congress has dropped the ball as well (on both sides).  

I've stated numerous times I supported Rand Paul.  At this point my choices are between Cruz and Trump as there's no way in hell, not even with a loaded gun pressed to my head could I ever vote for Hillary or Sanders.  

Cruz represents the evangelicals, the last thing we need is more religious zealots mucking up the issues we have to deal with.  Cruz is also not well liked by his peers or many other people for that matter so what's are the chances he get elected and can be effective as POTUS?

Trump is arrogant and his mouth runs too fast for his brain but his heart seems in the right place.  He's not a politician, so he's the most likely person to pass term limits and blow up the establishment on both side.  We need a complete government overhaul and only an outsider can get that done.  

Ideally I'd like to see Trump pick Kasich or Rand as V.P.  In his first year or two, Trump could blow up the establishment, get immigration laws passed and with the help of his V.P. and staff put together a 4 year budget that reduces the deficit, military spending and entitlements.  After he's done that, he could step down, let the V.P. take over and ride off into the sunset.  

Joe Paradiso

@newtogolf Kasich seems a good guy. 

What I fear about Trump besides the obvious is that he knows so little about government, that he does not know how much he does not know. Even Nixon, who knew foreign policy, needed Kissinger. And his immigration answer, the wall, I think is merely throwing red meat to the crowd. For a businessman, it is not a businesslike answer. I don't question his ability as a real estate developer. I do question his lack of analysis and lack of knowledge as to the cost and the effect of a wall. It sounds good to voters -- and in that way, Trump is a politician.

Maybe like many, you've dealt with entrepreneurs or are an entrepreneur. Some are into detail, and with others, details bore them and they grow impatient. Trump shows the latter character -- he is bored with details, the work it takes to get real solutions -- he is impatient and for many issues, it appears he is his own adviser (admitted such as to foreign policy -- he listens to himself). His solutions don't seem to solve anything. Wish they did.

Tough answers, poor choices as to candidates. Gheez, it's tough(er) this year.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Note: This thread is 2948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!