IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note:Β This thread is 2953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

So Trump isn't welcome for making stupid comments but Β (hopefully soon to beΒ criminal) Hillary is welcome? Β 

Dude, you might want to lay off the, "Oh he agreed with an anti-trump so he must be this." comments. Just because someone posts a video going after Trump doesn't mean they support Hillary. It's not a this or that thing. Β This is a Trump thread, not a Hillary thread.Β 

I'm giving you reasons why some don't think America is "great" today and the reasons why. Β Just because it's a scripted show doesn't mean the sentiment doesn't apply. Β 

I don't think America is great becauseΒ Trump think feeds off the negative emotional baggage of America. Β America isn't great because it's people are not aspiring to be great. We assume Congress or the President will wave a magic wand and make us great again.Β Donald wont make use great again because the people of this country will not stand up on their own and act great. It's a culture that needs to change.Β 

At least Trump wants to solve the illegal immigration problem, it's better than Obama who has done nothing to preventΒ millions or illegal aliens from entering the country. Β 

So building a wall will solve the border issue? Umm, humans have been spanning walls higher than what Trump wan'ts to build for centuries. You don't think a ladder and some rope will not stop them from going over a wall? A multi-billion dollar wall beaten by $100 dollars. Great investment.

How about digging tunnels under the wall? How is the wall going to stop that? How is alienating one of our closest allies helping immigration? For a country built on the primary premise that people can come here because we do not inhibit freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom to own land, and freedom to have a better lifeΒ if you work hard at it. This country was founded on immigration and built on the backs of immigrants. The very founders of this country were immigrants. The very language and policies he is demanding is counter to the very fabric on which this country was built. It's the most un-American thing he's saying. He's not making America great again. He's taking one of the great things this country has ever done and throwing it in a burning dumpster fire that he's trying to create.Β 

56 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Trump is arrogant and his mouth runs too fast for his brain but his heart seems in the right place. Β He's not a politician, so he's the most likely person to pass term limits and blow up the establishmentΒ on both side.

Trump just can't magically produce a bill out of thin air. He doesn't have the Constitutional power to set term limits.Β 

56 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Β We need a complete government overhaul and only an outsider can get that done. Β 

He has no mechanism to do this. He still has to work in the framework of the Constitution. Even though the two parties have been skirting the line on presidential power. If Congress doesn't pass a bill that he has to sign then he's SOL. If he starts stepping on too many toes or pushing the constitutional limits of his duties then I can see them impeaching him. Especially if he picks someone who they like more than him as VP. His best bet is to pick some bat shit crazy person as VP so they would rather have him. If he picks Kasich. It would be easy to wait for the first sign of infringement on the Constitution for them to just throw out Trump for someone much more reasonable.Β 

I like to ask this to any Trump supporter. Name one executive power that allows him to do a complete government overhaul? There isn't any. The only way to do a complete government overhaul is if somehow the citizens of this country stand up and start electing third and fourth party candidates orΒ Β for the states to hold a constitutional convention.Β 

Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Dude, you might want to lay off the, "Oh he agreed with an anti-trump so he must be this." comments. Just because someone posts a video going after Trump doesn't mean they support Hillary. It's not a this or that thing. Β This is a Trump thread, not a Hillary thread.Β 

I don't think America is great becauseΒ Trump think feeds off the negative emotional baggage of America. Β America isn't great because it's people are not aspiring to be great. We assume Congress or the President will wave a magic wand and make us great again.Β Donald wont make use great again because the people of this country will not stand up on their own and act great. It's a culture that needs to change.Β 

So building a wall will solve the border issue? Umm, humans have been spanning walls higher than what Trump wan'ts to build for centuries. You don't think a ladder and some rope will not stop them from going over a wall? A multi-billion dollar wall beaten by $100 dollars. Great investment.

How about digging tunnels under the wall? How is the wall going to stop that? How is alienating one of our closest allies helping immigration? For a country built on the primary premise that people can come here because we do not inhibit freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom to own land, and freedom to have a better lifeΒ if you work hard at it. This country was founded on immigration and built on the backs of immigrants. The very founders of this country were immigrants. The very language and policies he is demanding is counter to the very fabric on which this country was built. It's the most un-American thing he's saying. He's not making America great again. He's taking one of the great things this country has ever done and throwing it in a burning dumpster fire that he's trying to create.Β 

Trump just can't magically produce a bill out of thin air. He doesn't have the Constitutional power to set term limits.Β 

He has no mechanism to do this. He still has to work in the framework of the Constitution. Even though the two parties have been skirting the line on presidential power. If Congress doesn't pass a bill that he has to sign then he's SOL. If he starts stepping on too many toes or pushing the constitutional limits of his duties then I can see them impeaching him. Especially if he picks someone who they like more than him as VP. His best bet is to pick some bat shit crazy person as VP so they would rather have him. If he picks Kasich. It would be easy to wait for the first sign of infringement on the Constitution for them to just throw out Trump for someone much more reasonable.Β 

I like to ask this to any Trump supporter. Name one executive power that allows him to do a complete government overhaul? There isn't any. The only way to do a complete government overhaul is if somehow the citizens of this country stand up and start electing third and fourth party candidates orΒ Β for the states to hold a constitutional convention.Β 

Β 

Dude? Β Really? Β I thought you were from Ohio, not CA.

How about you lay off spouting opinions like they are facts and offer aΒ solution rather than just trying to discredit Trump. Β Who are you voting for since you seem to think you have all the answers. Β 

Joe Paradiso

5 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

How about you lay off spouting opinions like they are facts and offer aΒ solution rather than just trying to discredit Trump. Β Who are you voting for since you seem to think you have all the answers. Β 

Chill. He's just posting his take same as you. The state he is from or who he chooses to vote for isn't relevant to the topic.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD Β :bridgestone: TD-03 PutterΒ  Β 
:tmade: 300 Tour 3WΒ Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H HybridΒ  Β  Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β 
:tmade: TP MC irons Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β 
:ping: Glide 54 Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

8 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Wow. This from a Trump supporter? What viable solution has Trump offered about anything? All he does is say it will be great and everybody else is disgusting or a loser. Trump and facts are complete strangers.

Β 

Bill M

8 minutes ago, phan52 said:

Wow. This from a Trump supporter? What viable solution has Trump offered about anything? All he does is say it will be great and everybody else is disgusting or a loser. Trump and facts are complete strangers.

Β 

Yeah, where were you when trump said he would make Mexico pay for the wall, that's a solution.. Oh, wait... No, it was an idiotic statement.. Hmmm.. How about when he said that Mexico would be be happy to pay for it.. Umm, no that neither.. Ok, how about... Β I give up..

:adams:Β / :tmade:Β / :edel:Β / :aimpoint:Β / :ecco:Β / :bushnell:Β /Β :gamegolf:Β /Β 

Eyad

15 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I never said I did have all the answers. I just know common sense. A multi-billion dollar wall will not fix our immigration issue. All it will show the world is that America has gone from being an open country that was founded on immigrationΒ to one of seclusion and white privilege.

Seriously, if you want to go bash Hillary then go make a Hillary thread. This is a Donald Trump thread. What do you expect is going on to be posted here. It's not a general politics thread, not a 2016 election thread, it'sΒ a Donald Trump thread. So, don't come here and cry, "what about Hillary." Β Go make your own bash Hillary thread if you want to spout about that.Β 

Β 

Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:

• Administrator

Everyone chill.

And I'll remind everyone as well that it's awfully convenient to sit back and love grenades without taking an actual position of your own. It comes off poorly.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

And with each explosion in Europe the critics to Trump's position on immigration grow quieter. One only need to look at Europe to see what our future holds if we don't change course. Heed the warnings or go down with them.Β 

As most Trump supporters such as myself will tell you, when it comes down to it this is an election about boundaries. There's that old saying about "good fences make good neighbors". This is more true than ever. Only one man has shown he has the strength to stand up to what is truly ailing America.Β 

- Mark

15 minutes ago, Braivo said:

And with each explosion in Europe the critics to Trump's position on immigration grow quieter. One only need to look at Europe to see what our future holds if we don't change course. Heed the warnings or go down with them.Β 

As most Trump supporters such as myself will tell you, when it comes down to it this is an election about boundaries. There's that old saying about "good fences make good neighbors". This is more true than ever. Only one man has shown he has the strength to stand up to what is truly ailing America.Β 

The Gang of Eight immigration bill was a solid, comprehensive solution addressing our immigration policy. But I guarantee you that someone like Trump doesn't even know what was in it.

And what happened today in Brussels is a completely different issue.

Bill M

26 minutes ago, Braivo said:

When I saw the news, I thought about its effect on the nomination,Β and that it would drive more people to Trump's siren song.Β 

I am more drawn to a candidate who looks at a problem, and reviews all of the possible solutions, pros and cons, short term and long term solutions, and who gets to the root cause of the problem. Cut a weed and the weed still grows. Unroot the weed and you have no weedΒ (Weed=Non-THC plant that is the enemy of your lawn).

All I hear is "wall," a very expensive wall that will take a decade to build - 1k miles - and does not solve the root problem. It does not seem like a businesslike solution andΒ Donald says he is a businessman.

I don't blame Donald because a wall is an easy short term?Β solution and he is a politician. But it does not solve the problem, which is the politics, economies and religionsΒ of other countries. Sure we need security, but let's think about it - what is the most effective security? I don't think we can afford that 1k miles wall -- don't we have other high tech short term solutions while we use hard diplomacy, intelligent use of our military,Β and education for a long term solution.

Good luck in this discussion. These are tough problems with no easy solutions. I am sure others have solutions. Some type of wall/high tech security is short term. Long term mean consistent pressure on our neighbors - can we be consistent in our policies?

Tough choices. As to Donald or other politicians, I wish they would discuss these tough choices as if the electorate were grownups. But I get it, most people want easy answers.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

20 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

Awesome video. Β Can a Trump supporter please explain this build the wall plan?

I would love to hear a counter argument to what was said in the Β video.. Β 

What I loved the most is Trumps changing estimate of how much the wall will cost. Β 

Just as always when a rationale, fact filled argument is crafted on anything to do with Trump, not one of his supporters will take the time to watch it and and offer a counter point.
Trump is simply a demagogue!
He tells you he is going to build a wall to keep bad people out. However he also wants to increase the H1-B1 workers.
So he wants to spend a bazillion dollars on a wall, while taking away the property of American Citizens who live on the boarder, yet will still allow foreign workers come in and take your job.
And remember that H1B1 provides people with entry to the country and when the visa is up they are supposed to leave!
Supposed to, but dont always!
So once again, still going to build a wall for 12 billion?
Especially when it can be beat by a ladder or shovel?

19 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Some people differ with your opinion, this is from a cable show but pretty much covers a lotΒ of the frustration that exists today. Β 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zabb3fxGTPk

I love when people use the words of Sorkin to make their point. However as soon they are done with it, he goes back to being one of those "hollywood liberals".
I think his quote is the opposite of what the Republican Party Stands for and to an extent Trump himself!Β 
" there’s absolutely no evidence to support the statement that we’re the greatest country in the world. We’re 7th in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, 3rd in median household income, number 4 in labor force and number 4 in exports. We lead the world in only three categories: number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real and defense spending, where we spend more than the next 26 countries combined, 25 of whom are allies.....
we stood up for what was right. We fought for moral reason. We passed laws, struck down laws, for moral reason. We waged wars on poverty, not on poor people. We sacrificed, we cared about our neighbors, we put our money where our mouths were and we never beat our chest. We built great, big things, made ungodly technological advances, explored the universe, cured diseases and we cultivated the world’s greatest artists AND the world’s greatest economy. We reached for the stars, acted like men. We aspired to intelligence, we didn’t belittle it. It didn’t make us feel inferior. We didn’t identify ourselves by who we voted for in the last election and we didn’t scare so easy. We were able to be all these things and do all these things because we were informed… by great men, men who were revered. First step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one. America is not the greatest country in the world anymore.” 

The problem is, Trump supporters are upset about issues, but they vote for people that continue not to resolve them.
22 in Science? Yet we have people and states who refuse to teach evolution & climate change is a myth!!!!

We have people who believe the G*d has picked Ted Cruz to save us. For that matter GWB once said G*d told him to run! ThanksΒ alot G*D!!!!

maybe we should cut some military expense, but that doesnt happen! And Trump wont do it!

I could go on and on, but wont!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey Β Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

3 hours ago, Braivo said:

As most Trump supporters such as myself will tell you, when it comes down to it this is an election about boundaries. There's that old saying about "good fences make good neighbors". This is more true than ever. Only one man has shown he has the strength to stand up to what is truly ailing America.

Β A good fence doesn't stop a criminal from breaking into your home or trespassing on your land.

The saying, car locks keep honest people out of your car, criminals will just bash your windows in.

A good wall will just keep the honest people out, it wont stop the determined law breakers.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag

Funny how people hang on everything Trump says. He doesn't have a snowball's chance really no reason to worry about it. His ridiculous slogans are about as meaningful as it's finger lickin' good and that's where it ends.

Dave :-)

45 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Β A good fence doesn't stop a criminal from breaking into your home or trespassing on your land.

The saying, car locks keep honest people out of your car, criminals will just bash your windows in.

A good wall will just keep the honest people out, it wont stop the determined law breakers.

Those coming across the border right now are breaking the law, anything but honest.Β 

Fences, door locks, and armed inhabitants keep people from breaking into my home. If anyone were to get in they'd wish they hadn't.

That's the attitude this nation needs toward illegal immigration.

41 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Funny how people hang on everything Trump says. He doesn't have a snowball's chance really no reason to worry about it. His ridiculous slogans are about as meaningful as it's finger lickin' good and that's where it ends.

Again, people have been saying this for over 6 months! Yet every day it gets closer to reality.Β 

The Trump run is the once in a generation political black swan.Β 

- Mark

1 hour ago, Dave2512 said:

Wasn't that Bill Clinton's slogan in the 90's?????
Which is why I voted for him 5 times!

16 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Those coming across the border right now are breaking the law, anything but honest.Β 

Fences, door locks, and armed inhabitants keep people from breaking into my home. If anyone were to get in they'd wish they hadn't.

That's the attitude this nation needs toward illegal immigration.

Again, people have been saying this for over 6 months! Yet every day it gets closer to reality.Β 

And yet Congress approved and appropriated a couple billion dollars in 2006 for a border fence.
And yet we have 3.5 billion dollarΒ annual budget for border patrol.
No Mr Trump wants to Add close to 10-12 billion, not counting upkeep to this endevour

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey Β Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

24 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Really because everyone else seems to think he'll be lucky to make it past the convention. Nobody fears a Trump presidency. The GOP's only concern is his possibleΒ influence on the Senate and House elections. His only legitimate argument so far is DC is broken. But this isn't a new thing only the oblivious in DC think they've been successful hiding this from voters. Seems democrats don't fear fresh meat as much as republicans.

Dave :-)

4 hours ago, Braivo said:

. Only one man has shown he has the strength to stand up to what is truly ailing America.Β 

I will not have you just ignore Mitch Rapp, or Chunk Norris, or Archer

darn it

you just can't go and do that

18 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Go make your own bash Hillary thread if you want to spout about that.

I'd go for that.Β  As long as people get all bent and insult each other randomly and gratuitously.

I'm still voting for Pinestraw

Β 

Β 

MWSnap 2016-03-18, 09_21_35.jpg

Bill -Β 

55 minutes ago, Braivo said:
1 hour ago, Dave2512 said:

No one knows. We're treading new ground but all the pundits and talking heads speak with such silver tongued authority that they know what's going to happen and it's looking like a Trump nomination but it'sΒ anyone's guess.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note:Β This thread is 2953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!