IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The latest poll continues to put distance between Trump and others.   Despite his blunders, he is gaining more supporters.   Cruz better move fast if he wants to pick up Trump's votes.  More likely, it may end up being Trump picking up Cruz votes.   All this is looking good for the Dems.  Trump's unfavorable rating is through the roof outside of his support group.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The latest poll continues to put distance between Trump and others.   Despite his blunders, he is gaining more supporters.   Cruz better move fast if he wants to pick up Trump's votes.  More likely, it may end up being Trump picking up Cruz votes.   All this is looking good for the Dems.  Trump's unfavorable rating is through the roof outside of his support group.  

I think Cruz plays dirtier than everyone combined -- there are no limits to the man's ego -- which is even larger than the Donald's, as the Donald is at least a realist. But Cruz, he is in another league... the danger zone. So let's hope the Donald keeps on cruzin....

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I think Cruz plays dirtier than everyone combined -- there are no limits to the man's ego -- which is even larger than the Donald's, as the Donald is at least a realist. But Cruz, he is in another league... the danger zone. So let's hope the Donald keeps on cruzin....

Yeah, Cruz's tactic of picking up Trump's vote is what the bad politic is all about.   I think even the Trump's supporters can see through that and are unlikely support Cruz.   They'll likely go to Carson, or Fiorina before going to Cruz.  The Rep's hope of winning the general election is Rubio & Bush but if they can't get the Rep's nomination, it's all for naught.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

• 2 weeks later...

The latest poll continues to put distance between Trump and others.   Despite his blunders, he is gaining more supporters.  

News flash!

The latest national poll puts Carson ahead of Trump, within margin of error.   This is the 1st time that Trump lost his lead in national poll.   Recently, he trailed Carson on Iowa polls.   Is this the beginning of the end for Trump?   This change makes the tomorrow's CNBC Rep debate more interesting.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

News flash!

The latest national poll puts Carson ahead of Trump, within margin of error.   This is the 1st time that Trump lost his lead in national poll.   Recently, he trailed Carson on Iowa polls.   Is this the beginning of the end for Trump?   This change makes the tomorrow's CNBC Rep debate more interesting.

We can only hope Carson wins the nomination. A religious, out of touch right wing extremist with no experience in dealing in legislative or world matters. But he is a believer, and the first primary - in Iowa - a right wing extremist religious state.

Hillary will mop up.

Not that I believe Carson will win the nomination -- follow the money -- 

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

News flash!

A case of the cure being arguably worse than the disease, haha. Oy vey, what a mess this nomination cycle is.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

We can only hope Carson wins the nomination. A religious, out of touch right wing extremist with no experience in dealing in legislative or world matters. But he is a believer, and the first primary - in Iowa - a right wing extremist religious state.

Hillary will mop up.

Not that I believe Carson will win the nomination -- follow the money -- 

Anyone but Trump is good with me although I have a slight preference.  I am not a Rep (or Dem for that matter) but I'd prefer to see Rubio or J Bush to be nominated.

A case of the cure being arguably worse than the disease, haha. Oy vey, what a mess this nomination cycle is.

Agreed.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Anyone but Trump is good with me although I have a slight preference.  I am not a Rep (or Dem for that matter) but I'd prefer to see Rubio or J Bush to be nominated.

Agreed.

I go for the guy or gal -- If Bush would just admit to people that he is a dweeb, but a smart dweeb, that his policy would be different from his brother's policy, and more like his dad's, then he might have a chance. But right now, in comparison, his brother seems a genius... and Jeb looks like a pathetic, stupid dweeb.

Rubio - seems a nice, misguided guy - another guy with little experience. We've had one of those for 8 years.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

(edited)

I go for the guy or gal -- If Bush would just admit to people that he is a dweeb, but a smart dweeb, that his policy would be different from his brother's policy, and more like his dad's, then he might have a chance. But right now, in comparison, his brother seems a genius... and Jeb looks like a pathetic, stupid dweeb.

Rubio - seems a nice, misguided guy - another guy with little experience. We've had one of those for 8 years.

But both are better choice than Trump (back on topic) who has clearly a Narcissist Personality Disorder with Ego to match.   He behaves like a 10 year old brat & bully, a sure sexist & possible racist.  He should have been born in 1900s in Europe when Fascism was all the rage in 1930s.   Can you imagine if he was in power with absolute power?  Instead of twitting back against his enemy, he'd send firing squads.   I am sure of that.

PS -  Hitler was pretty popular with right rhetoric to the uneducated/angry mass. 

Edited by rkim291968

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

But both are better choice than Trump (back on topic) who has clearly a Narcissist Personality Disorder with Ego to match.   He behaves like a 10 year old brat & bully, a sure sexist & possible racist.  He should have been born in 1900s in Europe when Fascism was all the rage in 1930s.   Can you imagine if he was in power with absolute power?  Instead of twitting back against his enemy, he'd send firing squads.   I am sure of that.

PS -  Hitler was pretty popular with right rhetoric to the uneducated/angry mass. 

I was channel surfing early this morning and noticed "Joe" of Morning Joe saying that Trump would take no prisoners when negotiating ...  he was almost in favor of Trump ... don't think that's the negotiation technique you want to use. You've still got to get the other guy to agree. Yes, it's anybody but Trump ... or Carson ... or Cruz ... or Carly ... lol.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Strawman but relevent Douglas Adams quote-

[An extraterrestrial robot and spaceship has just landed on earth. The robot steps out of the spaceship…]

“I come in peace,” it said, adding after a long moment of further grinding, “take me to your Lizard.”

Ford Prefect, of course, had an explanation for this, as he sat with Arthur and watched the nonstop frenetic news reports on television, none of which had anything to say other than to record that the thing had done this amount of damage which was valued at that amount of billions of pounds and had killed this totally other number of people, and then say it again, because the robot was doing nothing more than standing there, swaying very slightly, and emitting short incomprehensible error messages.

“It comes from a very ancient democracy, you see…”

“You mean, it comes from a world of lizards?”

“No,” said Ford, who by this time was a little more rational and coherent than he had been, having finally had the coffee forced down him, “nothing so simple. Nothing anything like to straightforward. On its world, the people are people. The leaders are lizards. The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people.”

“Odd,” said Arthur, “I thought you said it was a democracy.”

“I did,” said ford. “It is.”

“So,” said Arthur, hoping he wasn’t sounding ridiculously obtuse, “why don’t the people get rid of the lizards?”

“It honestly doesn’t occur to them,” said Ford. “They’ve all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they’ve voted in more or less approximates to the government they want.”

“You mean they actually vote for the lizards?”

“Oh yes,” said Ford with a shrug, “of course.”

“But,” said Arthur, going for the big one again, “why?”

“Because if they didn’t vote for a lizard,” said Ford, “the wrong lizard might get in. Got any gin?”

“What?”

“I said,” said Ford, with an increasing air of urgency creeping into his voice, “have you got any gin?”

“I’ll look. Tell me about the lizards.”

Ford shrugged again.

“Some people say that the lizards are the best thing that ever happened to them,” he said. “They’re completely wrong of course, completely and utterly wrong, but someone’s got to say it.”

The correct term is a Megalomaniac (look it up if you are not familiar).  I would take Rubio out of this bunch.  Jeb is not so bad and I know many democrats in Florida who would vote for him over Hillary or Sanders as he did alright by them as governor of Florida.  Sadly it is looking like I am going to have to vote for Hillary.  I cannot believe it but that appears the case.  Biden should have entered but I am sure the powers that be strong armed him with something to not get involved.  I wouldn't vote for Carson against Hillary either, just too right for me and no legislative experience whatsoever.  If Trump wins the primary I am going to flip.  Unbelievable that he can do and say what he does and may still get it.  I like some of the things he is saying that I think many, many people are really thinking but are too scared to vocalize but he still has a lot of crazy in him.

(edited)

The correct term is a Megalomaniac (look it up if you are not familiar).

Yup, Trump is one of those, too.   But I believe I am correct in (arm chair) diagnosing him as certified NPD.  Here's NPD symptoms according to Mayo Clinic.  If one fits into many of these, he's likely an NPD.  I underlined what I saw from Trump so far.   One that isn't here which I posted earlier, NPD can't take rejections lightly.  They often have to destroy the offender (whether he truly rejected him or not).   This should explain a lot of his behavior toward others in media, peer politicians, business partners.  "He attacked me so I attack him back" mentality.   Notice how badly Trump wants to be liked & admired?   Another strong NPD trait.

• Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerating your achievements and talents
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
  • Requiring constant admiration
  • Having a sense of entitlement
  • Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
  • Taking advantage of others to get what you want
  • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Being envious of others and believing others envy you
  • Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

PS: We are all narcissist in a way.  And many successful people are more narcissistic than others.  But only about 1% of world population has NPD and it is described as the hardest one to fix.

Edited by rkim291968

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Yup, Trump is one of those, too.   But I believe I am correct in (arm chair) diagnosing him as certified NPD.  Here's NPD symptoms according to Mayo Clinic.  If one fits into many of these, he's likely an NPD.  I underlined what I saw from Trump so far.   One that isn't here which I posted earlier, NPD can't take rejections lightly.  They often have to destroy the offender (whether he truly rejected him or not).   This should explain a lot of his behavior toward others in media, peer politicians, business partners.  "He attacked me so I attack him back" mentality.   Notice how badly Trump wants to be liked & admired?   Another strong NPD trait.

• Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerating your achievements and talents
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
  • Requiring constant admiration
  • Having a sense of entitlement
  • Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
  • Taking advantage of others to get what you want
  • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Being envious of others and believing others envy you
  • Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

I agree with those.  So he is a narcissistic megalomaniac.  This reminds me of the movie Me, Myself and Irene.  Best diagnosis ever.

Irene: "What are those for?"

Charlie: "Oh! It's just this stupid thing. I have to take a pill every six hours or I feel... funny. No big deal."

Irene: "What's it called?"

Charlie: "Advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage."

(edited)

Dennis Roadman and now Tyson ... but I think Tyson has a legit reason to back up Trump per the article.

About Trump losing his 1st place in national poll ... could it be that he has lost his entertainment value?  People expect the next episode of "Trump the POTUS candidate reality show" and they are just getting the reruns.   Trump has been repeating same few lines, and have been very predictable in his behavior pattern. 

Edited by rkim291968

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Of all those on the debate stage, Carson seems the least presidential.     Brilliant surgeon, probably the smartest of the bunch, but I just don't see him beating Hillary.    I'm becoming more of a Cruz fan all the time.    Trump is near the bottom of my list, but if the stakes weren't so high, would like to give him a chance to see if he could actually pull off half of what he promises ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Of all those on the debate stage, Carson seems the least presidential.     Brilliant surgeon, probably the smartest of the bunch, but I just don't see him beating Hillary.    

Carson is over his head. Of the 15 statements checked by politifact, only 2 could be considered half-true to true. 13 are either mostly false to an outright lie. He doesn't seem to be a dishonest person. I just think he gets caught up in not wanting to not look bad by not knowing what he's talking about. 

I'm becoming more of a Cruz fan all the time.  

I'm not a fan of his. 68% of statements checked on him were mostly false or worse. He seems to be a guy who jumps on what ever republicans support. It just seems by some of his statements that he likes to jump on what ever the next big republican complaint is. It feels like he wants to be at the front of what ever it is, even if its not true so he keeps his name relevant. I get the feeling he's more of a sheep versus actually being a free thinker.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!