IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hope you're right, but I can't see it.  All of the GOP candidates are alienating key voter demographics.  The problem with the GOP is they have to push those right wing values in order to get the nomination but once they do there's too much ammo out there to use against them during the election and debates.

They can't take a hard stand on illegal immigration, border security and the latest SCOTUS ruling on same sex marriage and then try to ask Mexicans, the LGBT community and families to vote for them.  Trump fell right into the trap and anyone that tackles that issue will be destroyed by the media.

Very well put.

As far as the latest poll goes, I think DT is topped out at 11%.  As candidates drop out one by one, their supporters will not go to DT.   They will go to another candidate in line with one they were supporting.   The question is how long DT sticks around as he keep getting behind other candidates.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thats debatable.  The problem with people who arent career politicians is that they dont have the connections and they dont understand how things work in Washington.  A lot of it is the connections and friends that you have, the people you have cultivated relationships with and knowing how to work out deals and how to get people to do what you want so that you will help them out with what they want at some point in the future. Trump is used to telling people what to do and not having anyone challenge him, thats not how Washington works and thats why businessmen typically fail when they try to get into politics.

The problem with politics is people like you who think they need those "connections" to perform in government service so you keep voting them in. Ridiculous. These morons only care about getting reelected, that is all. It's killing us and it's what our founders feared.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

There's no way a 3rd Bush gets elected and there's no way Trump is still in the race by the end of the year.  GOP is in trouble because as much as I want them to take control over the rainbow house, I don't see a GOP candidate that can win against Hillary or any other democrat they put up.

And I'm not sure which option scares me more - The Donald or Hillary.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I think Mr. Peanut would make a better president than Donald Trump.

Jimmy Carter?

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Thats debatable.  The problem with people who arent career politicians is that they dont have the connections and they dont understand how things work in Washington.  A lot of it is the connections and friends that you have, the people you have cultivated relationships with and knowing how to work out deals and how to get people to do what you want so that you will help them out with what they want at some point in the future.

Trump is used to telling people what to do and not having anyone challenge him, thats not how Washington works and thats why businessmen typically fail when they try to get into politics.

The problem with politics is people like you who think they need those "connections" to perform in government service so you keep voting them in. Ridiculous. These morons only care about getting reelected, that is all. It's killing us and it's what our founders feared.

@GaijinGolfer spoke the truth.   What is the alternative you suggest?  Vote in idiots like DT?   Luckily for us, there are not enough DTs to fill the congress & senate seats.  If we have, there will be chaos.   Vast majority of Americans, Reps and Dems alike, are much smarter than that ... although some outside of US may argue.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

From golf.com

http://www.golf.com/ap-news/golf-organizations-distance-themselves-trump

Trump is being really dumb from a business standpoint too.  Why alienate any potential customers?

Quote:

(AP) -- Donald Trump says the golf industry supports him because "they know I'm right." Four leading golf organizations said he's wrong.

The PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, USGA and PGA of America broke their silence Wednesday - but only briefly - to say that Trump's views on Mexican immigrants and his opinion that golf organizations are behind him are not accurate.

In an interview with Golf Channel, Trump said he has received "tremendous support" from the golf world "because they all know I'm right."

"In response to Mr. Trump's comments about the golf industry `knowing he is right' in regards to his recent statements about Mexican immigrants, we feel compelled to clarify that those remarks do not reflect the views of our organizations," the joint statement said. "While the LPGA, PGA of America, PGA Tour and USGA do not usually comment on presidential politics, Mr. Trump's comments are inconsistent with our strong commitment to an inclusive and welcoming environment in the game of golf."

Trump has a golf portfolio that includes 18 courses that are either open or being built, some of which are scheduled to host events by all the organizations in the joint statement. While the golf organizations spoke out against Trump's comments, they declined additional comment on plans to play tournaments on Trump courses.

Trump Turnberry on the west coast of Scotland will host the Ricoh Women's British Open this summer on the LPGA Tour, though that event is run by the British-based Ladies Golf Union. LPGA Commissioner Mike Whan said in an email there were "no plans to alter any of our upcoming venues."

The PGA of America has moved its Grand Slam of Golf from Bermuda to Trump National Los Angeles. The two-day exhibition for the year's major champions is held in October. The PGA Championship is to be played at Trump National in Bedminster, New Jersey, in 2022, while the Senior PGA Championship is to be held at Trump National in Potomac Falls, Virginia in 2017.

The USGA is holding the U.S. Women's Open at Trump National in Bedminster in 2017.

The PGA Tour is played at Trump Doral, which the Republican presidential candidate bought in 2012, and the Puerto Rico Open is played at Trump International, though tournament director Sidney Wolf said the course is owned by a local family.

"I've been great to golf," Trump told Golf Channel. "I've been investing while everybody else was fleeing."

The fallout has been far greater in the business and entertainment sectors dating to Trump's saying in his presidential campaign announcement that some Mexican immigrants bring drugs and crime, and some are rapists.

He is struggling to hold his Miss USA pageant together after two television networks, performers, hosts and judges have pulled out. Also on Wednesday, Macy's said it was ending its relationship with Trump. The department store had carried a Donald Trump clothing line since 2004.

Trump told Golf Channel that he was not worried about any fallout from employees at his own private golf clubs and resorts.

"I have Mexicans and South Americans working for me all over the country and believe me, they love me and I love them," Trump said. "I think they're great. I've had great support and I haven't heard one negative thing and frankly I don't expect to."

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

And I'm not sure which option scares me more - The Donald or Hillary.

Hillary takes herself too seriously, which is always dangerous. But has a lifetime in politics and public service.

The Donald takes himself seriously, has a lifetime in self-promoting private service, and talks, as we say in Texas, out of his a$$ - nothing is fact-based.

The Donald, I believe, is scarier.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I agree that the way things work in DC politics is something Trump would not be use to. But, I still stand behind what I posted. Career politicians are the reason of the poor condition of American politics, infrastructure, health programs, and America's international affairs. I could go on , and on what they could do better. I don't know if Trump would make a good potus, or not. I just know that the way things have been going in DC politics for the past 20+ years, things could have been run better. Personally I would like to see DC politicians take care of America first with the money Americans pay in to the US treasury. After that then go about international affairs, and their own personal agendas with what's left over.

A strong showing by Trump would send a signal to other politicians that more positive changes are needed in the ways DC politicians administer their power granted to them by the American voter.

Do I think Trump has a chance to win? No, not really, Not the way the electoral college in run. plus the media is pro career political parties.  In my opinion, we will most likely see our first women take the oath of potus. Hilary definitely knows how DC politics are run behind closed doors.

Sorry about my political views, and the sharing of them on a golf forum. I belong to a political forum where we get under each others' skins all the time. There are a lot of divisive opinions when it come to DC politics. :-P

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

"I have Mexicans and South Americans working for me all over the country and believe me, they love me and I love them," Trump said. "I think they're great. I've had great support and I haven't heard one negative thing and frankly I don't expect to."

Love this quote, especially the last 6 words ... because if his employees say one negative thing, they're fired.

:-O

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Love this quote, especially the last 6 words ... because if his employees say one negative thing, they're fired.

My favorite was "ISIS is building hotels in Syria.  They are competing against Meeeeee!"  - spoken truly like a narcissistic personality disorder person.  Normal person (or politician for that matter) would have said "They are competing against local economy, US enterprise, etc.."    I must admit, sometimes, it IS entertaining to watch his mouth move.   (Re-reading my post a few times before I post so that it passes DT's sue meter.   Unlike Univision, I can't $ to fight DT in lawsuits. :whistle: )

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I think DT is in this purely for himself. While I am not going to play ignorant and pretend that other politicians are doing this strictly for the betterment of society, I think Trump is doing this out of Pure EGO. Ever hear Trump talk about his hotels and golf courses? Everything is the "best"!

Now the one problem I could see with Trump as President is that he is never told "no". Trump has never worked in the confines of a Govt System and while many will say that is a plus, how does Trump change the system?

How does Trump intend to get his bills through Congress if he doesnt have the votes? Executive order? We know how much Republicans loathe the current President for using them.

And to put on my Tin Foil hat just for a moment, couldn't you see all his bills somehow benefiting Trump? All Public Parks becoming Trump Nationals, etc....

This is about legacy building and ego, nothing more!

But I hope he sticks around long enough to go through a few debates. I want to see the other candidates rip into him. I want to see how Trump reacts when they point out his faults. I want to see the other candidates when trump points out theirs!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I think DT is in this purely for himself. While I am not going to play ignorant and pretend that other politicians are doing this strictly for the betterment of society, I think Trump is doing this out of Pure EGO. Ever hear Trump talk about his hotels and golf courses? Everything is the "best"!

Now the one problem I could see with Trump as President is that he is never told "no". Trump has never worked in the confines of a Govt System and while many will say that is a plus, how does Trump change the system?

How does Trump intend to get his bills through Congress if he doesnt have the votes? Executive order? We know how much Republicans loathe the current President for using them.

And to put on my Tin Foil hat just for a moment, couldn't you see all his bills somehow benefiting Trump? All Public Parks becoming Trump Nationals, etc....

But I hope he sticks around long enough to go through a few debates. I want to see the other candidates rip into him. I want to see how Trump reacts when they point out his faults. I want to see the other candidates when trump points out theirs!

Pointing  out the other candidates' faults, while they were in office, will be fun to watch. The blame game is a big part of American politics. :dance:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I disagree that this is totally for himself. Anyone who would want to run for President of the U.S. as an ego trip is a wacko. He could happily go along with his billions, gorgeous wife, successful family, making/buying golf courses, buying/selling real estate, and be happy as a clam. Now every word that comes out of his mouth is under a microscope. I think Trump truly believes his version of America is failing and he thinks he has the confidence and power to make a change.

I disagree that this is totally for himself. Anyone who would want to run for President of the U.S. as an ego trip is a wacko. He could happily go along with his billions, gorgeous wife, successful family, making/buying golf courses, buying/selling real estate, and be happy as a clam. Now every word that comes out of his mouth is under a microscope. I think Trump truly believes his version of America is failing and he thinks he has the confidence and power to make a change.

That's what egomaniacs & self absorbed narcissists do.   They have need to fill up their ego and that's what DT is doing.   He's not doing this for US although he probably can't tell the difference between the doing it for himself and doing it for US.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I hope you're right, but I can't see it.  All of the GOP candidates are alienating key voter demographics.  The problem with the GOP is they have to push those right wing values in order to get the nomination but once they do there's too much ammo out there to use against them during the election and debates.

They can't take a hard stand on illegal immigration, border security and the latest SCOTUS ruling on same sex marriage and then try to ask Mexicans, the LGBT community and families to vote for them.  Trump fell right into the trap and anyone that tackles that issue will be destroyed by the media.

I agree with all of this except the last line.  I mean, pretty much everyone thinks Trump is a clown and a joke as a presidential candidate, so of course the media will essentially mock him.  But (for example) Ted Cruz's actual policy beliefs are no less radically far right, sometimes moreso, but the media's not "destroying" him.  I mean, they don't present him as a candidate with a serious chance of winning the election, or even really the nomination, but that's because he doesn't realistically have much of a chance.  It's non-zero, but very small.

But yeah, I agree with drift off the right wing deep end by the GOP is a major problem for them in presidential elections.  I think it would be good for the country if the GOP would come back and be a center-right party competing with the center-left Democrats.  It's too bad there are structural advantages in our system that favor the GOP in congressional elections (i.e. they can maintain majorities in both houses with solidly less than 50% of the popular vote), cause otherwise they'd be a permanent minority party with their current platform and would be forced to come back towards the center.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I would simply state that Trumps "America" & my "America" are 2 completely different worlds.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmoan2

I disagree that this is totally for himself. Anyone who would want to run for President of the U.S. as an ego trip is a wacko. He could happily go along with his billions, gorgeous wife, successful family, making/buying golf courses, buying/selling real estate, and be happy as a clam. Now every word that comes out of his mouth is under a microscope. I think Trump truly believes his version of America is failing and he thinks he has the confidence and power to make a change.

I think the problem is that Trump wants everything. Over the last 30 years, the people in his income bracket have dominated and smashed the lower and middle classes. The problem with guys like Trump is that everything is not enough... they want more.

We are the serfs.

He is the king.

Resistance is futile....

I would simply state that Trumps "America" & my "America" are 2 completely different worlds.

I don't disagree there.

Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!