IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2927 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

15 minutes ago, rkim291968 said:

Nah .... the more Trump & Carson say outrageous things, the more die hard supporters they attract.   Carson will end up getting more contributions as a result of the above. 

It was refreshing to not see Trump on the news media as they were busy covering the terrorist attacks.  

Maybe, but I think Carson is done, if not in Iowa, then on a national level, his numbers will dwindle. Too many stories of his inability to handle issues. Carson cannot grasp foreign policy.

Trump and Carson have different personnas. Trump can two step around the detail, and continue to bombast. Carson tries to show reason and ends up looking incapable, naive' and unknowledgeable, besides silly.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

At national level, I don't see how Trump or Carson can beat anyone from the Dems.   They have too many weaknesses and their supporters are limited to ... well ... I'd rather not say in order not to offend any Trump supporters here.

But ... IMHO, the recent ISIS attacks, refugee position play into Trump and GOP's hand.  It will depend on where the ISIS situation is at the general election time.  If the situation does not improve, the general election may go to the GOPs. 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

3 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

At national level, I don't see how Trump or Carson can beat anyone from the Dems.  

Yeah, though I think Trump might have the best shot of most everyone left other than Rubio.

I agree with you guys on Cruz. I've seen some, including Charlie Cook, touting him as a guy who could emerge, but to me he's not really an alternative to Carson or Trump. I think he says things just as outrageous as either, while being less likeable than either. He might be the final summer fling of the more hard-core conservatives, but won't go far in the end.

I think it might ultimately come down to Trump vs. Rubio, though Carson is at least a likeable enough guy that he'll hang in there for awhile. But I think Rubio only needs to finish a strong 2nd or 3rd in some of those early states in order for the "not Tump or Carson" vote to start moving to him as others drop out.

Yes, Cruz is at heart, a bully and a sneak. Ask his Senate friends ... oh, that's right, he has none.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

38 minutes ago, acerimusdux said:

But I think Rubio only needs to finish a strong 2nd or 3rd in some of those early states in order for the "not Tump or Carson" vote to start moving to him as others drop out.

Good point.  I just googled a random poll and there are currently 53.6% of those polled not leaning towards either of those two.  Those people start bunching together, be it with Rubio or Bush or whoever as others drop, then it's easy to see how it would snowball and they could steamroll past Trump and Carson.  Especially when he says stuff like he did this morning (suggesting that he'd push for a Muslim database).

36 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Especially when he says stuff like he did this morning (suggesting that he'd push for a Muslim database).

Yeah, and theFox Channel analysts are defending Trump with the usual "media" has misrepresented Trump's speech & intent. 

1 hour ago, acerimusdux said:

I think it might ultimately come down to Trump vs. Rubio, though Carson is at least a likeable enough guy that he'll hang in there for awhile. But I think Rubio only needs to finish a strong 2nd or 3rd in some of those early states in order for the "not Tump or Carson" vote to start moving to him as others drop out.

Probably Rubio given that near majority of GOPs can't stand Trump.   I.e, Trump's supporters can't grow to a majority while Rubio's can.    Ditto for Carson.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Having read much of this thread, it appears to me that the majority of those participating are from the east and west coast.  In discussions on other boards and here, it is also apparent to me that there is a great difference between those in the fly over states and the coast.  While I live in the blue state of Illinois, remove Chicago and we'd be red.  My county is red all the way.  Cruz and Rubio are gaining support in my area.  Trump seems to be waning. 

Edited by CoachB25

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, CoachB25 said:

Having read much of this thread, it appears to me that the majority of those participating are from the east and west coast.  In discussions on other boards and here, it is also apparent to me that there is a great difference between those in the fly over states and the coast.  While I live in the blue state of Illinois, remove Chicago and we'd be red.  My county is red all the way.  Cruz and Rubio are gaining support in my area.  Trump seems to be waning. 

And a lot of PA is red, too, but Philadelphia is historically blue, and a  LOT of people live in Philadelphia.

http://www.cs.swarthmore.edu/~jwaterman/cs21/s14/Labs/08/lab08.php

Who cares if most of the state is red if the urban centers all vote blue?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I just saw on CBS the Trump issue.  CBS also showed the exact quotes.  Trump never said he would have a data base for Muslims.  He said that a reporter said that and, sure enough, it was a reporter that said that.  Trump never did.  When asked about actions, the reporter suggested if Trump would create a data base and Trump said that we were going to have to do something.  Again, CBS and not Fox. 

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

6 hours ago, CoachB25 said:

6 hours ago, iacas said:

And a lot of PA is red, too, but Philadelphia is historically blue, and a  LOT of people live in Philadelphia.

http://www.cs.swarthmore.edu/~jwaterman/cs21/s14/Labs/08/lab08.php

Who cares if most of the state is red if the urban centers all vote blue?

Yeah, Republican/Democratic division has more to do with population densities than state borders. 2012 election map by county.

2012-Election-County-By-County-570x346.p

Plenty of Red in most of the blue states, there's just nobody there.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

19 minutes ago, CoachB25 said:

This is true on the coasts as well though.  Land mass wise, nearly all of California is red, but LA, SD and SF are not.  But that's also where all the people are, so that's why the state usually ends up blue.

13 minutes ago, CoachB25 said:

I just saw on CBS the Trump issue.  CBS also showed the exact quotes.  Trump never said he would have a data base for Muslims.  He said that a reporter said that and, sure enough, it was a reporter that said that.  Trump never did.  When asked about actions, the reporter suggested if Trump would create a data base and Trump said that we were going to have to do something.  Again, CBS and not Fox. 

I believe it was neither, but actually a Yahoo News reporter.  (for the record)  It was absolutely a leading "gotcha" question intended to spark controversy ... but that doesn't mean he gets off the hook for answering in the affirmative.

golfingdad, how is it "in the affirmative" when he says we have to do something, he didn't say that he agreed with the reporter.  Had he said "yes" or something similar, to me, that is the affirmative.  That didn't happen and Trump did "tweet" out that he did not say he agree to that statement.  To me, that is definitely not agreeing in the affirmative.  Again, anyone here that watched the CBS Evening News saw both quotes from the reporter and Trump. 

Edited to add:

I find this somewhat awkward defending Trump since I am not a Trump guy.  LOL

Edited by CoachB25

Darrell Butler

15 minutes ago, CoachB25 said:

golfingdad, how is it "in the affirmative" when he says we have to do something, he didn't say that he agreed with the reporter.  Had he said "yes" or something similar, to me, that is the affirmative.  That didn't happen and Trump did "tweet" out that he did not say he agree to that statement.  To me, that is definitely not agreeing in the affirmative.  Again, anyone here that watched the CBS Evening News saw both quotes from the reporter and Trump. 

Edited to add:

I find this somewhat awkward defending Trump since I am not a Trump guy.  LOL

Whoops, my bad ... NBC news, not Yahoo ...

"Should there be a database system that tracks the Muslims here in this country?" the NBC News reporter asked Trump.

"There should be a lot of systems, beyond database [sic], we should have a lot of systems, and today you can do it," Trump replied. "But right now we have to have a border, we have to have strength, we have to have a wall. And we cannot let what’s happening to this country happen."

"But that’s something your White House would like to implement?" the reporter subsequently asked.

“I would certainly implement that. Absolutely,” Trump said

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/presidential-candidates-condemn-donald-trumps-database-comment/story?id=35329903

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/11/20/donald-trumps-defense-of-his-muslim-database-comments-makes-no-sense/

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/11/20/donald-trump-draws-fire-for-comments-on-muslim-database/

Now, I will agree with you that they're going too far in interpreting the "I would certainly implement that" comment as meaning databases, when it's entirely plausible he was referring to his wall and border comment.  But still, he had every right to say "no" when asked about the database, but he chose not to.  That means something.  "He started it!" is barely a valid excuse when 5 year olds are fighting and it's certainly not valid when you're running for President of the United States.

Regardless, I would not be in favor of any watch list that singles out anyone based upon race, religion, ... I do like Carson's idea of a data base on everyone that comes into the country to enable us to track them.  Though we are supposed to have something to that effect, it is not uncommon for someone that has come to America to overstay their Visa. 

Darrell Butler

17 minutes ago, CoachB25 said:

Regardless, I would not be in favor of any watch list that singles out anyone based upon race, religion, ... I do like Carson's idea of a data base on everyone that comes into the country to enable us to track them.  Though we are supposed to have something to that effect, it is not uncommon for someone that has come to America to overstay their Visa. 

It's also unconstitutional. Several courts would rule against it as soon as it got signed.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

2 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

It's also unconstitutional. Several courts would rule against it as soon as it got signed.

I see the day of implanted chips coming to a country near you..

17 minutes ago, CoachB25 said:

We are all in multiple government databases currently, except those illegals who somehow stay off the grid.  Trust me, our religious leanings are available as a data point in our record.  Whether people are tracked on that data point depends who is querying the data and for what purpose. 

I'm quite certain Muslims are being segregated today, in this Democrat administration, which is how our govt thwarts so many attacks before they happen.  900 current ISIS FBI investigations underway.  I doubt any Irish Catholic grandmas are amongst that group.

Another red herring...

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Gunter, without me saying too much, believe me, I know!  I could tell you a couple of horror stories but they are better left in the past. 

Darrell Butler

Note: This thread is 2927 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!