IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

39 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

But still, he had every right to say "no" when asked about the database, but he chose not to.  That means something.  "He started it!" is barely a valid excuse when 5 year olds are fighting and it's certainly not valid when you're running for President of the United States.

He had every opportunity to say he would not support it but didn't.  Instead he left it to interpretation.  Worse yet, he gave the impression that he would support such measures, hence, the media circus on this.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, Gunther said:

We are all in multiple government databases currently, except those illegals who somehow stay off the grid.  Trust me, our religious leanings are available as a data point in our record.  Whether people are tracked on that data point depends who is querying the data and for what purpose. 

I'm quite certain Muslims are being segregated today, in this Democrat administration, which is how our govt thwarts so many attacks before they happen.  900 current ISIS FBI investigations underway.  I doubt any Irish Catholic grandmas are amongst that group.

Another red herring...

But the IRA are. My next door neighbor, who was 10 at the time, was questioned and almost not allowed to fly because his 'name' was on a database for know terrorists. His name is very Irish. His Dad, a retired Navy CPO, convinced the authorities that his 10 year old boy was not an IRA terrorist.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

21 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

But the IRA are. My next door neighbor, who was 10 at the time, was questioned and almost not allowed to fly because his 'name' was on a database for know terrorists. His name is very Irish. His Dad, a retired Navy CPO, convinced the authorities that his 10 year old boy was not an IRA terrorist.

Yes, I've heard similar stories.  So really, the entire issue is moot, since the government already maintains these db's.  

This will be swept away as another failed "gotcha" by a dishonest press corps desperate to trip up the GOP in order to grease the skids for Clinton. There will be no adverse impact to Trump; indeed, this will probably bolster his numbers as people are becoming wise to these tactics and are angered by them.

Edited by Gunther

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

Yes, I've heard similar stories.  So really, the entire issue is moot, since the government already maintains these db's.  

This will be swept away as another failed "gotcha" by a dishonest press corps desperate to trip up the GOP in order to grease the skids for Clinton. There will be no adverse impact to Trump; indeed, this will probably bolster his numbers as people are becoming wise to these tactics and are angered by them.

You think people will choose their president because they feel bad that he's attacked by the press??

While I have no doubt that there are some people out there that are that stupid, I'm quite confident that there are enough that will consider his views and policies as more important than how we came about discovering them.

2 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

You think people will choose their president because they feel bad that he's attacked by the press??

While I have no doubt that there are some people out there that are that stupid, I'm quite confident that there are enough that will consider his views and policies as more important than how we came about discovering them.

Let's hope so...

I recognize 30% of the public may be "everything is a left wing conspiracy," and another 30% where everything is a right wing conspiracy. It the 40% remaining who decide elections.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

10 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

There is a reason that with every perceived obstacle, his numbers improve.

In terms of the stupidity of the American voter:  2 terms of Obama speaks volumes.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Every time he says something crazy, I think "OK . . now everyone will turn against him" . .but, so far, it just never seems to happen.  He *can't* be President . .are you kidding me?  It's for his own good - he'll end up getting impeached.  

Edit:

And when he does, the headline will read:

"America to President Trump: You're Fired".  

I'm just calling it right now. 

Edited by Rainmaker

15 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Every time he says something crazy, I think "OK . . now everyone will turn against him" . .but, so far, it just never seems to happen.  He *can't* be President . .are you kidding me?  It's for his own good - he'll end up getting impeached.  

Edit:

He's only speaking to republicans right now.  When moderates and dema get to vote (and if he miraculously made it that far) then he'll come crashing back down very quickly.

20 hours ago, CoachB25 said:

Cruz and Rubio are gaining support in my area.  

It'll come down to those two in the end ... I think people will ultimately back Cruz - he is the stronger personality, better communicator and more presidential.    He's got my vote.   But honestly, I don't think he's electible - unfortunately, things just aren't bad enough yet for the average American - he's too polarizing.    

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

1 hour ago, inthehole said:

It'll come down to those two in the end ... I think people will ultimately back Cruz - he is the stronger personality, better communicator and more presidential.    He's got my vote.   But honestly, I don't think he's electible - unfortunately, things just aren't bad enough yet for the average American - he's too polarizing.    

This has been almost exactly my sentiment, up until the past few weeks.  Whomever goes up against Hillary will win, she is unelectable.  Too stupid to avoid the gaffes that will come in front of a national stage, record too weak to withstand scrutiny, her chief aide has said "she's often confused" in one of those emails--more will come of that email scandal, and perhaps the most corrupt individual in America today.  Everyone knows it, her distrust numbers are through the roof, can't recover from that.  She is just a very uninspiring candidate:  her books didn't sell, they're paying people to show up at her events.

Add to that, all of her built-in constituency groups are far worse off after 8 years of Obama.  Gonna be tough getting them to the polls.

So, this is a year Cruz can win, hell, Trump will win if he gets there.

3 hours ago, inthehole said:

Well, yes, "things" were much worse in 2008-2010, when there was little private economy stirring. The only reason "things" are bad now is that no one wanted to cooperate with the other. The Party of No kept saying "no", did nothing, the President's insular staff did not help, and the result is people are fed up with politicians. And thus, the rise of Trump. Cruz is more fascist than most - a dangerous man imho.

fas·cist
ˈfaSHəst/
noun

1. 1
    an advocate or follower of fascism.
    synonyms: authoritariantotalitarianautocrat, extreme right-winger, rightist;

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

56 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Well, yes, "things" were much worse in 2008-2010, when there was little private economy stirring. The only reason "things" are bad now is that no one wanted to cooperate with the other. The Party of No kept saying "no", did nothing, the President's insular staff did not help, and the result is people are fed up with politicians. And thus, the rise of Trump. Cruz is more fascist than most - a dangerous man imho.

fas·cist
ˈfaSHəst/
noun

1. 1
    an advocate or follower of fascism.
    synonyms: authoritariantotalitarianautocrat, extreme right-winger, rightist;

"dangerous man" ... everybody has their opinions, but thats pretty strong language ... is your opinion of Cruz based largely on his conservative social policies that you presumably don't agree with or is there some real meat to your feelings ?

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

7 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Edit:

I think a big reason Trump has made it so far this season is because the establishment picked Bush. Everything Bush says sounds tentative and has the body language (nervousness) to go with it. Weakest candidate has the most money behind him. It's fascinating to watch.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

50 minutes ago, inthehole said:

"dangerous man" ... everybody has their opinions, but thats pretty strong language ... is your opinion of Cruz based largely on his conservative social policies that you presumably don't agree with or is there some real meat to your feelings ?

As a lawyer, I can look at him without looking at his politics, but he is our Texas Senator. I've seen how he tries to sneak legislation in, seen how he has rendered himself ineffective in the Senate, see how he twists arguments - dangerous  ... we don't need another President who pisses off everyone else, and seems very autocratic - fascist. JMHO.

On 11/20/2015, 5:29:39, rkim291968 said:

Probably Rubio given that near majority of GOPs can't stand Trump.   I.e, Trump's supporters can't grow to a majority while Rubio's can.    Ditto for Carson.  

I think you are underestimating Trump's support. I do think there's a strong contingent that doesn't like Trump. But he's already getting 33%, plus he's the second choice of 14% (latest WP/ABC poll), and it's still a pretty big field. I can easily see him getting the majority.

Plus, I think it may just take too long for that "anti-Trump" vote to coalesce around one candidate.

On 11/21/2015, 11:25:10, acerimusdux said:

I think you are underestimating Trump's support. I do think there's a strong contingent that doesn't like Trump. But he's already getting 33%, plus he's the second choice of 14% (latest WP/ABC poll), and it's still a pretty big field. I can easily see him getting the majority.

Plus, I think it may just take too long for that "anti-Trump" vote to coalesce around one candidate.

Everyone including myself has underestimated Trump, Carson, and the anger of Republicans against the establishment.   People also overestimated the political intelligence of the same folks supporting Trump & Carson.  If they truly believe putting a person like Trump or Carson who have never held a political office in White House will magically improve their lives, I really feel sorry for them.   It's like asking a person who never held a teaching job to be a high school principal.   What's the chance of that working out?  20%, 10%, 1%?

On top of apparent lack of Trump's experience in politics, his rhetoric has been nothing but hurtful to everyone but those who are blinded by Trump's reality show persona.    If Reps nominate Trump and he wins the general election, this country truly deserves him.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

6 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

On the heels of trumps "thousands in nj cheered 9/11" nonsense, it reminded me that I forgot how he ridiculously led the dumbass "birther" movement several years ago.

More telling is that Trump refuses to acknowledge that it was a mistake, or President Obama is an American even after the State of Hawaii produced evidence & his team of PIs didn't find anything.   Remind me of my boss in that regard.    

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!