IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Basic psychology. People do not like weak, apologetic men. Bush is done because he is too weak. Trump called him weak, he is buried. 

Trump has a message that not only resonates with the far right, but it also gets the support of the working class white man. He is working deals with the major unions, he calls out companies that ship jobs overseas, and he wants to build a wall. 

All of those pet issues don't matter this election cycle, it is simply immigration and he dominates on that. His rallies are filled with energized people willing to spread his message. People keep waiting for the crash that never happens. 

He has no special interest groups to keep happy, and that pisses them off. He has the entire Republican establishment trying to bring him down and they can't. The man is showing massive amounts of strength, this is what folks want in a leader. 

- Mark

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, Braivo said:

Basic psychology. People do not like weak, apologetic men. Bush is done because he is too weak. Trump called him weak, he is buried. 

Trump has a message that not only resonates with the far right, but it also gets the support of the working class white man. He is working deals with the major unions, he calls out companies that ship jobs overseas, and he wants to build a wall. 

All of those pet issues don't matter this election cycle, it is simply immigration and he dominates on that. His rallies are filled with energized people willing to spread his message. People keep waiting for the crash that never happens. 

He has no special interest groups to keep happy, and that pisses them off. He has the entire Republican establishment trying to bring him down and they can't. The man is showing massive amounts of strength, this is what folks want in a leader. 

Americans are far better than those 25% or so Republicans who are supporting Trump.   We deserve better than Trump - an egomaniac stricken with narcissistic personality disorder and full of bigotry.   I don't believe Trump will even win the GOP nomination.   Remind me if he does.   I will post my full apology to everyone here who is a fan of Trump.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

On 11/24/2015, 4:11:00, rkim291968 said:

Americans are far better than those 25% or so Republicans who are supporting Trump.   We deserve better than Trump - an egomaniac stricken with narcissistic personality disorder and full of bigotry.   I don't believe Trump will even win the GOP nomination.   Remind me if he does.   I will post my full apology to everyone here who is a fan of Trump.  

I'm with you. It's amazing to me that Trump has stayed relevant this long, but it's just a matter of time before he shoots himself in the foot so many times that it kills him. If the GOP allows this buffoon to become their 3rd consecutive unelectable candidate, then they deserve what they get. 

All Muslims must be banned from entering US until we figure out???   That's what Trump called for today and people attending his rally cheered.  A few protested.  Didn't something like this happen in 1930s in Germany? 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

5 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Um, yes.  No issue here, indeed, we should stop ALL immigration for awhile and get a handle on what we have, let em assimilate.  Truth is, Muslims do not assimilate well here, they just don't, in general.  

I personally know half a dozen Muslim people whose lives directly refute your claims. They're not outliers either.

7 minutes ago, Gunther said:

They live in hives alone and do not embrace American culture and values. Takes them some time, like 40 or 50 years.  Happy to have em here, have some friends, actually, but they néed time to realize the American dream.  Let's give it to em.

There was an immigration moratorium from 1925 til 1965.  It worked well.  

Most immigrants tend to stick to their own immigrant communities. It's in no way a uniquely Muslim thing.

Mr. Trump's plan is plainly xenophobic fearmongering and it's outrageous.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

48 minutes ago, dkolo said:

I personally know half a dozen Muslim people whose lives directly refute your claims. They're not outliers either.

+1.  I know quite a few Muslims and interact with them regularly.  

48 minutes ago, dkolo said:

Most immigrants tend to stick to their own immigrant communities. It's in no way a uniquely Muslim thing.

Throughout our history, whether it was the Irish, Italians, Jewish, Puerto Ricans, or any other group of immigrants, the first generation or two almost exclusively dealt with only people of their own backgrounds and heritage.  

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Trump keeps pushing the envelop.   He is almost daring RNC to kick him out of the Rep party.   At this rate, RNC may have to do just that to limit Trump's damage to the Rep's future. 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

4 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

All Muslims must be banned from entering US until we figure out???   That's what Trump called for today and people attending his rally cheered.  A few protested.  Didn't something like this happen in 1930s in Germany? 

I read that today and didn't get it.. Is he talking about immigrants or all Muslims?

would he allow me to come back or since I'm not in the country that's tough luck?

4 hours ago, Gunther said:

Um, yes.  No issue here, indeed, we should stop ALL immigration for awhile and get a handle on what we have, let em assimilate.  Truth is, Muslims do not assimilate well here, they just don't, in general.  

OT Here but I don't know what assimilate means.  Does my wife have to wear a bikini to the beach to be considered an assimilated Muslim?  You don't have to answer, it suffices for me that this is one of the strange requests that's usually made of Muslims.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

2 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

I read that today and didn't get it.. Is he talking about immigrants or all Muslims?

would he allow me to come back or since I'm not in the country that's tough luck?

OT Here but I don't know what assimilate means.  Does my wife have to wear a bikini to the beach to be considered an assimilated Muslim?  You don't have to answer, it suffices for me that this is one of the strange requests that's usually made of Muslims.

Yes . .you would not be allowed back in and, honestly, ALL women should wear bikinis ALL the time. 

Even so, it's still a bad plan. 

My opinion is still that he's purposely trying to get kicked out.  Please let him get kicked out.  It's too cold for me in Canada.   

11 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Yes . .you would not be allowed back in and, honestly, ALL women should wear bikinis ALL the time. 

Even so, it's still a bad plan. 

My opinion is still that he's purposely trying to get kicked out.  Please let him get kicked out.  It's too cold for me in Canada.   

It would be be great if this were all a big George Costanza-esque scheme for getting fired but he keeps getting promoted. 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

10 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Thank you. I was beginning to think everyone else was going insane. Maybe now we can dispense with ole Donald J and let him go back to his "Your Fired" TV show or what ever they call it.

14 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

ALL women should wear bikinis ALL the time. 

Not that I would dream of slamming the fine women of Ohio, but no. Some would be fine. All is a horrible idea.

20 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Yes . .you would not be allowed back in 

I guess I know who I'm not voting for.. :w00t:

21 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

ALL women should wear bikinis ALL the time. 

5 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Not that I would dream of slamming the fine women of Ohio, but no. Some would be fine. All is a horrible idea.

Well, I'm glad that we have a consensus on what assimilation is :whistle:

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I'm risking running up against Godwin's Law here, but we're literally living history right now that people will read about in textbooks someday.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Just now, Abu3baid said:

Well, I'm glad that we have a consensus on what assimilation is :whistle:

Sorry. Just going with the flow.

Assimilation basically means following the laws and customs of a particular place and has absolutely nothing to do with wearing bikinis. While a person adopting the customs of his or her new home is the bigger part of it. Some of assimilation is also the new home getting used to the customs of the new arrivals.

Maybe along the lines of clothing  is the question of the hijab.  Obviously it is something that many Muslim women wear. It's also something that would probably make some Americans uncomfortable. Some may assimilate by not wearing a hijab, but, in time, a hijab may become a more accepted form of dress.

Unfortunately, it's not a fast or easy process. It inevitably happens with time. 

Trump is saying some pretty off the wall stuff to be sure. A lot of what he is saying would never happen even if he were to win the 270 electoral votes. 

Basically he is preaching a "non career politician" sort of campaign. There are quite a few voters out there who are fed up with whats been going on in DC politics for the past few decades. Voters who blame America's problems on these career politicians and their handlers. This is the main reason Trump is leading his elephant  pack. I suspect if the Donky party were to have their own version of Trump, Hilary would not be leading her own pack 

It will be an interesting next few remaining  months leading up to the nomination process. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

7 minutes ago, Patch said:

I suspect if the Donky party were to have their own version of Trump, Hilary would not be leading her own pack 

Isn't Bernie Sanders pretty close to that?

Obviously not as boisterous as DT, but some of his ideas are fairly shocking.

Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!