IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2927 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That's what egomaniacs & self absorbed narcissists do.   They have need to fill up their ego and that's what DT is doing.   He's not doing this for US although he probably can't tell the difference between the doing it for himself and doing it for US.

Gentlemen's disagreement here... He's been talking about running for office for years. He was disillusioned with Bush and hated Obama (obviously!). I think he believes what he says, whether it's elitist tripe or whatever. I find it refreshing. I can't tell what Hillary really believes and half of the GOP announcements are vanilla stooges in my opinion. Her biggest campaign contributors are Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, and other big financial institutions that are supposed to be on the side of the GOP. To me, Bernie Sanders is a far more progressive, issue-driven candidate. I wouldn't be surprised to see him foil her run again like Obama did in '08.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the problem is that Trump wants everything. Over the last 30 years, the people in his income bracket have dominated and smashed the lower and middle classes. The problem with guys like Trump is that everything is not enough... they want more.

We are the serfs.

He is the king.

Resistance is futile....

I agree with this, but I don't see Hillary making a change here. Bernie Sanders would be my Dem vote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I think the problem is that Trump wants everything. Over the last 30 years, the people in his income bracket have dominated and smashed the lower and middle classes. The problem with guys like Trump is that everything is not enough... they want more.

We are the serfs.

He is the king.

Resistance is futile....

I agree with this, but I don't see Hillary making a change here. Bernie Sanders would be my Dem vote.

Our disagreement on DT's motivation aside, I took an internet survey on which candidate mostly matches my philosophy and ended up with Bernie Sanders.    Until then, I didn't know who BS was.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Gentlemen's disagreement here... He's been talking about running for office for years. He was disillusioned with Bush and hated Obama (obviously!). I think he believes what he says, whether it's elitist tripe or whatever. I find it refreshing. I can't tell what Hillary really believes and half of the GOP announcements are vanilla stooges in my opinion. Her biggest campaign contributors are Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, and other big financial institutions that are supposed to be on the side of the GOP. To me, Bernie Sanders is a far more progressive, issue-driven candidate. I wouldn't be surprised to see him foil her run again like Obama did in '08.

Just an observation. Wall Street is more for the democrats than people might think and more progressive on social issues. For years they have been advocates for same sex marriage and extending rights to same sex and transgender people. Lot of money flows blue these days from Wall Street.

—Adam

From golf.com

http://www.golf.com/ap-news/golf-organizations-distance-themselves-trump

Trump is being really dumb from a business standpoint too.  Why alienate any potential customers?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Lol.  Priceless!

Well, at least his clothing line wasn't made by drug dealers, criminals and rapists - because according to him, all the drug dealers, criminals and rapists from Mexico are in the U.S.! :whistle:

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Our disagreement on DT's motivation aside, I took an internet survey on which candidate mostly matches my philosophy and ended up with Bernie Sanders.    Until then, I didn't know who BS was.

Link?

I went to a wedding last night and when picking the shirt to wear I went through my closet and came across Trump Signature Collection shirt and decided not to wear it because of the comments he recently made.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Bernie is very issue-oriented and I like him, but I do not agree with him on free trade and probably, when I find his stand, on other economic issues.

Free trade is tough, but protecting ourselves too much from the market sets us behind even more... of course, we want to make certain our pact partners are not subsidized, etc.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I read on more and more websites people posting that any business group, political group, or organization who are distancing themselves from Trump are pro illegal immigration, and the crime some of those people bring with them. Now I don't think that is 100% true. Maybe 50%. I think it's political and foreign pressure that are causing this distancing. The elephant party is seeing red because of the votes he is, and/or will be taking from their own candidate(s) .  NASCAR is really taking a beating on some websites because of their stance against him. Not too much is being said about the golfing industry stance against him, probably because not too many folks identify with that group.

Another scenario floating around is that he wants something from his own political party and this is his way getting what he wants.

Like I said before, his candidacy will be an interesting one if he stays with it. His support numbers seem to be getting bigger each week, depending on which poll you look at.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Here's [URL=http://nyti.ms/1LKC7pH]an article from the [i]New York Times[/i][/URL] published over the long weekend about Trump's new golf course in the Bronx, paid for by the city of New York. Donald Trump's America: no expense will be spared to deliver a millionaire's playground, while the park next door can't even get a bathroom.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Here's an article from the New York Times published over the long weekend about Trump's new golf course in the Bronx, paid for by the city of New York.

Donald Trump's America: no expense will be spared to deliver a millionaire's playground, while the park next door can't even get a bathroom.

Not sure about New York City. In Dayton the city locks all the restrooms. Even if you go to a park you will not be able to use the restroom unless you rent out the pavilion in which the restroom is located. This keeps out homeless, and gang related activities.

Not sure if NYC wants to actually have bathrooms in their parks. I might even call them a health and safety liability.

Unless it's a joint venture in which Trump gets to put his name on it, yet the city gets to get a cut of the revenues then I don't see why municipalities are paying to have golf courses and in worst instances sporting arenas made for private entities.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Here's an article from the New York Times published over the long weekend about Trump's new golf course in the Bronx, paid for by the city of New York.

Donald Trump's America: no expense will be spared to deliver a millionaire's playground, while the park next door can't even get a bathroom.

Read it. Thanks. Interesting.

Probably need to go to the automated pay single restrooms as in Europe.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Here's [URL=http://nyti.ms/1LKC7pH]an article from the [i]New York Times[/i][/URL] published over the long weekend about Trump's new golf course in the Bronx, paid for by the city of New York. Donald Trump's America: no expense will be spared to deliver a millionaire's playground, while the park next door can't even get a bathroom.

That article seemed a little more interested in Trump criticism than actual reporting. Do parks like this generally have bathrooms? What's the downside of building bathrooms? etc. (Not that I don't enjoy reading that smug ******* taken down a peg.)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

That article seemed a little more interested in Trump criticism than actual reporting.

Do parks like this generally have bathrooms? What's the downside of building bathrooms? etc.

(Not that I don't enjoy reading that smug ******* taken down a peg.)

I think it depends on the area and the amount of illicit activity.

Some areas have locked restrooms - a one holer w sink.

Some have closed the restrooms.

I think a paid auto restroom that cleans itself after use is the best alternative.

I wouldn't worry about it, he was losing to an avocado on Twitter last week.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I think it depends on the area and the amount of illicit activity. Some areas have locked restrooms - a one holer w sink. Some have closed the restrooms. I think a paid auto restroom that cleans itself after use is the best alternative.

Sounds like things a New York Times reporter could have found out.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

@GaijinGolfer spoke the truth.   What is the alternative you suggest?  Vote in idiots like DT?   Luckily for us, there are not enough DTs to fill the congress & senate seats.  If we have, there will be chaos.   Vast majority of Americans, Reps and Dems alike, are much smarter than that ... although some outside of US may argue.

Not me. But I am surprised that the Republicans so often appear give credence to clowns. Don't they ever want a clever, tactful, thoughtful guy/gal for President?

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Not me. But I am surprised that the Republicans so often appear give credence to clowns. Don't they ever want a clever, tactful, thoughtful guy/gal for President?

The problem is as I stated earlier in the thread.  In order to get the GOP nomination candidates have to cater to the extreme right wingers and then completely change their campaign for the election.  The GOP candidates lost the last two elections because the democrats smartly pointed out that the GOP candidates changed their positions on too many issues which hurt their credibility.

IMO, the GOP needs to revamp itself and become a party that is fiscally conservative and socially moderate if they want to have someone from their party back in the White House.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2927 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!