IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

20 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

The only attraction to Trump is that the GOP establishment and ultra wealthy are scared of him which makes me think he's a real threat to them.  Prior to Trump, they could sit back and say the politically correct things but sleep soundly at night knowing that their lives won't change one bit.  

Trump is ahead in the polls so now they are forced to schedule secret meetings on an island trying to come up with a plan to stop him.  It warms my heart that the likes of Ryan, McConnell, Boehner and the other GOP sellouts are in a panic over Trump.  Hopefully it's a wake up call that they've failed to do what they were elected to and they better change their ways.  Kudos to Cruz for calling out McConnell for cutting a back room deal on TPP as well.    

I hope Trump wins and his first action is to impose term limits on all these career politicians who are getting rich while being puppets for big business and lobbyists.  

To be fair, as far as I can tell, this is an annual meeting, and they didn't schedule it specifically because Trump is leading. It's always been secretive and off the record.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/03/16/charlie-baker-made-secret-trip-conservative-confab/8UWLadgZXHnbFIwUue2taO/story.html?event=event12

The annual World Forum convenes business executives, politicians, and conservative intellectuals. Among the attendees listed in this year’s program were the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell; House Speaker Paul Ryan; Governor Scott Walker of Wisconsin; Apple chief executive Tim Cook; and President George W. Bush’s political adviser, Karl Rove. Jason Furman, chairman of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers, and former Obama economic adviser Gene Sperling were also listed on the agenda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AEI_World_Forum

20 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I hope Trump wins and his first action is to impose term limits on all these career politicians who are getting rich while being puppets for big business and lobbyists.  

Would term limits actually do that, or would they incentivize politicians to take the most money while the getting's good (i.e. while they're in office)?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

image.jpeg

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

2 hours ago, jamo said:

To be fair, as far as I can tell, this is an annual meeting, and they didn't schedule it specifically because Trump is leading. It's always been secretive and off the record.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/03/16/charlie-baker-made-secret-trip-conservative-confab/8UWLadgZXHnbFIwUue2taO/story.html?event=event12

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AEI_World_Forum

Would term limits actually do that, or would they incentivize politicians to take the most money while the getting's good (i.e. while they're in office)?

I realize the meeting occurs every year but the major topic of the meeting this year was how to stop Trump.  

I think term limits reinforce that politicians are there to serve the public not the reverse.  Looking at the attitudes in both parties, they make it obvious they don't care what the voters think, it's what they want.  Hillary will win by a landslide despite a close popular vote thanks to super delegates and Trump is likely going to lose because the GOP won't let him win.  I don't think that was the what our forefathers had in mind when they defined our government.  

Joe Paradiso

More oblivious hand wringing from career politicians. Agenda should be how did we go so wrong a Trump got this far. No looking in the mirror just lame comments from people like Rubio saying we need to save the movement. Heads are in the sand. There is no movement. 

Dave :-)

2 hours ago, k-troop said:

image.jpeg

This it it exactly, Washington thinks it's a fluke that Trump is as popular as he is and that we'd rather put him into office over their lap dogs (Rubio, Jeb, Christie).  It just demonstrates how out of control Washington is.  If Washington was doing their job, Sanders and Trump wouldn't even be around right now.  

Every day that passes and I see how hard the establishment, Hollywood, Fox and others are working to discredit Trump the more I want to vote for him just out of spite.    

Joe Paradiso

53 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Every day that passes and I see how hard the establishment, Hollywood, Fox and others are working to discredit Trump the more I want to vote for him just out of spite.    

What I don't get is what exactly do you think those people are doing to discredit him that he's not doing himself?  I don't need anybody to tell me that he's a crazy person who would be a very bad president - I can see it with my own eyes.  He's got all the mics.

Yep telling that a maniac is somehow a better choice than the status quo. It's almost unthinkable but given the denial and blinders in Washington I'm not certain they aren't just as nuts. We have Romney trying to convince us Kasich is a problem. The problem is the establishment is so unappealing they can't get more votes than a novelty candidate not because too many cooks spoil the broth.

Dave :-)

11 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

What I don't get is what exactly do you think those people are doing to discredit him that he's not doing himself?  I don't need anybody to tell me that he's a crazy person who would be a very bad president - I can see it with my own eyes.  He's got all the mics.

I agree. The eye test doesn't add up for Trump. He's got people thinking it's unfair for them to say anything bad about him when he's freely able to say bad things about others.

This pretty much sums it up ;) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Demonstrations and protesters seem to be the norm in Trump's events these days.  That says a lot about where Trump has been.

For those who raised/raising children, don't we try hard to make sure that our kids don't act like someone like Trump?  We teach them not to bully, boast, make fun of handicapped folks, act like sexist, make excuses for every wrong doing, etc. .....   And yet, we are willing for Trump to lead the US.  That's hypocritical. 

Despite what his followers think, he won't make America great (which I think it has been and is already).   He will make America more controversial, divisive, and ugly.   But if we vote him in, we deserve every bit of that.  My 2 cents.

Go Kasich!

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

44 minutes ago, rkim291968 said:

Demonstrations and protesters seem to be the norm in Trump's events these days.  That says a lot about where Trump has been.

For those who raised/raising children, don't we try hard to make sure that our kids don't act like someone like Trump?  We teach them not to bully, boast, make fun of handicapped folks, act like sexist, make excuses for every wrong doing, etc. .....   And yet, we are willing for Trump to lead the US.  That's hypocritical. 

Despite what his followers think, he won't make America great (which I think it has been and is already).   He will make America more controversial, divisive, and ugly.   But if we vote him in, we deserve every bit of that.  My 2 cents.

Go Kasich!

Wtf?  Do you have any clue who these demonstrators are? They are evil, haters who cannot tolerate America's success.  Read up on these groups and stop listening to the mainstream media who champions them.

This is the battle.  Trump is standing up to them.  He knows he is not a racist, thus, does not fear being characterized as such by these hate-mongers.  No other GOP candidate would have the balls to stand up to this.  It's the Donald's greatest asset.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

1 hour ago, rkim291968 said:

Go Kasich!

Yeah, "bully" is probably the best word to describe him.

9 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Yeah, "bully" is probably the best word to describe him.

I see Trump constantly being bullied by the media, his opposition candidates, and the Republican party "leaders" (leaders is in quotes because they are acting more like mob bosses that political leaders).  How is one man a "bully" when he is constantly under attack from all sides?  Any other candidate would have long since been overwhelmed and overrun.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

1 hour ago, Fourputt said:

I see Trump constantly being bullied by the media, his opposition candidates, and the Republican party "leaders" (leaders is in quotes because they are acting more like mob bosses that political leaders).  How is one man a "bully" when he is constantly under attack from all sides?  Any other candidate would have long since been overwhelmed and overrun.

Because of the way he talks about and treats women, disabled people, Mexicans, Muslims, etc, etc.

38 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Because of the way he talks about and treats women, disabled people, Mexicans, Muslims, etc, etc.

That isn't bullying, some of his comments may not be PC, but bullying it isn't.  

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

28 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Trump has spoken about specific women, like Rosie O'Donnell, do you classify her as a man hater because of what she said about Trump?  He also got into it with Megyn Kelly who was more than capable of defending herself and took some cheap shots of her own.  As for his other comments, take a look at posts here on TST, people comment on pictures of pretty women all the time, does that makes them bad?    Bill Clinton is far more demeaning to women than Trump ever could be.  

He pointed out many of the illegal aliens from Mexico are criminals, take a look at the most wanted list in CA and TX, many of them are illegal aliens from Mexico.  Illegal aliens are a major problem that needs to be addressed.  Right now they steal jobs, resources and aid from American citizens, someone has to step in and 1) stop them from entering the country illegally and 2) figure out what to do with the ones that are here.  So far, Obama hasn't done either maybe because they represent votes for democrats?  

He suggested that we not take any refugees until we can better vet them and ensure they aren't terrorists and that the religion is against western values (which it is).  It appears a small majority of muslims (51%) prefer sharia law over western law.  If you have issues with how Trump treats women you should really be appalled by how women are treated under sharia law.  

He's doing a ton of work for our disabled vets so I don't know where you got this idea he dislikes disabled people.  

He's got a big mouth that runs 10x faster than his brain, he says stupid things, so does GW, Biden and Obama.  The media dissects every word he says and tries to find a negative twist to it, look past the media barrage and establishment attacks.  He's not polished, he's passionate and wants to change the status quo, which at this point might be a good thing.  

Joe Paradiso

58 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Trump has spoken about specific women, like Rosie O'Donnell, do you classify her as a man hater because of what she said about Trump?  He also got into it with Megyn Kelly who was more than capable of defending herself and took some cheap shots of her own.  As for his other comments, take a look at posts here on TST, people comment on pictures of pretty women all the time, does that makes them bad?    Bill Clinton is far more demeaning to women than Trump ever could be.  

He pointed out many of the illegal aliens from Mexico are criminals, take a look at the most wanted list in CA and TX, many of them are illegal aliens from Mexico.  Illegal aliens are a major problem that needs to be addressed.  Right now they steal jobs, resources and aid from American citizens, someone has to step in and 1) stop them from entering the country illegally and 2) figure out what to do with the ones that are here.  So far, Obama hasn't done either maybe because they represent votes for democrats?  

He suggested that we not take any refugees until we can better vet them and ensure they aren't terrorists and that the religion is against western values (which it is).  It appears a small majority of muslims (51%) prefer sharia law over western law.  If you have issues with how Trump treats women you should really be appalled by how women are treated under sharia law.  

He's doing a ton of work for our disabled vets so I don't know where you got this idea he dislikes disabled people.  

He's got a big mouth that runs 10x faster than his brain, he says stupid things, so does GW, Biden and Obama.  The media dissects every word he says and tries to find a negative twist to it, look past the media barrage and establishment attacks.  He's not polished, he's passionate and wants to change the status quo, which at this point might be a good thing.  

I don't need to look past any media anything - the shit comes directly from Trumps mouth.

3 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

I don't need to look past any media anything - the shit comes directly from Trumps mouth.

Bingo.

Who among us tweets at 3 am about a woman who was doing her job as if she has committed a grave crime against him?   Well adjusted person does not do that.   Yet, some of us are convinced that he's the one to lead the US.   No matter how people toss and dice, Trump is crazy and does not have temperament to lead the US.    Americans worship celebrity.   No matter what comes out of his mouth, some people are just loving it.   That's what I see.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 2948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!