IGNORED

2016 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

dunfy3
Note: This thread is 2746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Speith starting out his Ryder Cup career looking like a choker...

another stick by Reed and "fake" reaction lol

Edited by Chris223

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

16 hours ago, CCC said:

Why would you pair up one of your best players (so far) to play against RM? I would have saved Reed for a later match up.

7 hours ago, Club Rat said:

Having Reed play Rory is a bad matchup decision by Davis. Rory would beat anyone, and Reed would beat everyone else.

5 hours ago, newtogolf said:

I'm not crazy about these pairings either, a hot Rory beats a hot Reed, seems like we're wasting a guaranteed win for Reed against anyone else.

:whistle:

In all seriousness, this is why you just put your order together, and let them play. Can't stress too much about possible pairings (also, they don't actually control pairings).

- John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hats off to Reed, played like a true champion!  Wonder what to expect next year?  I think big things!

Soup to Nuts, Patrick Reed is the best US golfer, Davis Love knows this......

Edited by Database Head

12 hours ago, Hardballs said:

Me too, and our wish has been granted, I think Rory is possibly one of only a few eu players who could take reed down in his current form, I expect reed to fight like a dog with the crowd fully behind him, but ultimately he'll be tamed by a superior player.

im more interested into who roars the loudest and pops a blood vessel first!

I find golf in general has become a putting contest, they're all capable hitting huge drives and great iron shots, it's seems to be the best putts wins

Ultimately Reed will be tamed by the Superior Rory... Really... because I'm curious Hardballs, how does that taste? :beer:

4 minutes ago, Database Head said:

Hats off to Reed, played like a true champion!  Wonder what to expect next year?  I think big things!

Soup to Nuts, Patrick Reed is the best US golfer, Davis Love knows this......

Best Ryder Cup US player anyway.  It was an epic match.  I'd take Reed and Phil anyday on my team.  Phil just keeps playing amazing golf at 46.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

I'm on the Reed bandwagon.  If the entire USA team approached Ryder Cup like Reed does, we'd never lose.  

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

I really hope more golf fans start embracing Reed; the dude is a serious gamer and I really don't think he's nearly as bad of a guy as people like to think. He made a stupid comment three years ago (I can only imagine the dumb stuff I would have said as a rich and hugely talented 23 year old) but I think it's time people move on from that.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, skydog said:

I really hope more golf fans start embracing Reed; the dude is a serious gamer and I really don't think he's nearly as bad of a guy as people like to think. He made a stupid comment three years ago (I can only imagine the dumb stuff I would have said as a rich and hugely talented 23 year old) but I think it's time people move on from that.

Agreed.  Many other golfers have done far worse and contiue to be embraced

It will be interesting to see how Westwood chokes away a 2-up lead.

• Upvote 3

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

13 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

It will be interesting to see how Westwood chokes away a 2-up lead.

Ha ha. He  is about to blow 16, although Moore hit an absolute corker.

Fresh off the press - Fowler delivers!! yay..

Vishal S.

Koepka destroys Willett. 0-3 first RC for DWil...feel kinda bad for the guy given the circumstances but happy that it should shut up his idiot brother for awhile.

• Upvote 1

Wow! I really thought Rory would take something off Reed, but Reed was the man of the whole tournament, amazing golf I didn't realise he was capable of!

also rookie pieters for eu was a class act and very impressive.

the standard of golf from both teams were outstanding and it's been the best sporting event I've seen in quite a while, Unfortunately for me, it appears over now as far as EU are concerned, so congratulations USA, you deserve it!?

• Upvote 1

Gaz Lee

Just working out the clinching scenarios here...

Mickelson halves, Snedeker wins 3&2, Moore halves for 14-1/2?

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Oh, Phil!

Sergio matches. Neither deserved to lose.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!