IGNORED

2016 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

dunfy3
Note: This thread is 2747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, 70sSanO said:

I hadn't heard of that incident.  Actually pretty funny.  Considering that he is marrying someone else I would hardly think it would bother him.  He has moved on.  If it did he better re-think his current engagement.

Now it may have bothered Caroline, but I doubt it bothered Rory.

John

I doubt that it bothered Rory, but I still find attacks on one's personal life to be in poor taste.  I think for the most part the crowd was great for the game as was Rory's response.  I enjoyed the good nature bantering between the crowd and players.  Makes it more fun and the players are still good with each other when it is over.  

11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Yeah, not an easy job.

I liked the old Tiger, I like the new one even better.  It appears he's come to grips with his role in golf today, that he's still one of the greatest to ever play the game but not close to being the greatest today.  His vice-captain position on the team and this interview show he's setting a foundation for his post playing career in golf and he seems to be getting more comfortable with it.  

Whether it's as a player, analyst, course designer or ambassador like Jack, Arnie and Player, Tiger is great for golf and hope he remains involved.  

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 10/5/2016 at 7:40 PM, boogielicious said:

I didn't mean that they heckle because they feel inadequate. I meant that I've always found it odd that people with lesser skills feel the need to heckle. Or that they think their heckling will affect a professional athlete. It can happen sometimes, but generally it can empower the athlete. Rory fed off it.

David Ortiz wrote a thank you letter to Yankee fans. It was quite nice actually. But he did say that the boos made him play better. When they booed him, he wanted to get a hit or HR to quite them.

Rory fed off it to a point.

On 10/3/2016 at 9:06 PM, skydog said:

^Wow, what a disingenuous prick. He attempts to denounce the comments to save face prior to the tournament, then goes on to play like crap (like he's been doing ever since the Masters) and blame it on the fans.

I wish every international player that feels this way would stop accepting the better paychecks and lifestyle that come with playing on the US tour. Better yet, I truly hope that American fans stop supporting with their $$ anyone that feels this way.

You want to see US golf fans- go to Augusta National. You want to see US sports fans- go to the Ryder Cup. Anything done or said at Hazeltine this weekend pales in comparison to what goes on at any Euro soccer match if we're going to compare Apples to Apples.

LOL. When was the last time you were at a Euro soccer match??? You want to see US golf fans look no farther than Hazeltine.

13 hours ago, Scotsclaff said:

LOL. When was the last time you were at a Euro soccer match??? You want to see US golf fans look no farther than Hazeltine.

When was the last time you were at a PGA event on U.S. soil?

• Upvote 3

Kevin

One small exchange I saw in the U.S. press conference indicates to me what a good pick Ryan Moore was despite his reputation as 'loner'. Davis Love had forgotten to take his ball as a souvenir from his winning point years ago. Ryan Moore almost made the same mistake and Love went and retrieved the ball for him. Moore gave it back to Love so that he'd have the 'winning ball' from his stint as Captain. Unselfish team-minded move.

Kevin

• iacas unfeatured and unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 2747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!