IGNORED

2016 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

dunfy3
Note: This thread is 2726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

48 minutes ago, Chris223 said:

The Americans just can't make putts.  We make a couple putts here or there but it seems as though Europe is automatic from 20ft in

Really? I can think of at least 3 putts that Rory, Westwood and Garcia each missed from less than 5'. That's 9 putts total.

19 minutes ago, Silent said:

Apparently his right hand is troubling him. On pain killers because of injury, according to Dutch tele.

Did he punch a wall or something?

Kevin

1 minute ago, Natural Patrick said:

I don't think he punched it. He just ran into it.

Weird. He hit a solid drive and great approach. You think a hand injury would affect those more than a short putt.

Kevin

Gutted for Westy. Make those two putts and we have a chance. As it is I can't see a way back. Too many Europeans struggling, a few have only played once too. 

Reed has been phenomenal. Got to be one of the great RC performances.

Edited by Hazsa
Typo

1 minute ago, Hazsa said:

Gutter for Westy. Make those two putts and we have a chance. As it is I can't see a way back. Too many Europeans struggling, a few have only played once too. 

Reed has been phenomenal. Got to be one of the great RC performances.

Yeah, that's a sucky way to lose a hole.

Rors and Pieters have been playing great too, but Reed carried Spieth for sure.

Kevin

3 hours ago, Hazsa said:

Not exactly relevant, but those white trousers are horrible. You can see their legs in certain light.

I agree, they looked like camp disco sailors today

Gaz Lee

What a day of golf, man were there some great shots hit.  Reed has been awesome, hope he continues his play tomorrow.  A lot of fun to watch and Phil gets his mojo back with Kuchar!

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, natureboy said:

They shouted 'fore' when Webb Simpson was teeing off for the first time. According to Rory's critique that's rooting for bad shots. Take off the halo and be honest.

Just saying what I'm seeing, even Reed gestured to them to be quiet during roses putt, I actually like the crowds involvement, it makes the atmosphere what it is, and I'm loving reeds passion, he's like the Ian poulter of the USA! Wasn't aware of the "Fore!" Shout to Simpson, you're always gonna get a few dicks in a crowd, but it does seem a bit hostile at times! Great viewing though!

Gaz Lee

Singles Matches announced

Reed vs McIlroy First Out

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

https://mobile.twitter.com/NatE_AndersoN22/status/782306423455686656

What an asshole. 

Our criminal justice system should have a loophole where Rory is allowed to punch him the f--k out, and if every observer agrees that he deserved it, no charges are filed.

- John

22 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NatE_AndersoN22/status/782306423455686656

What an asshole. 

Our criminal justice system should have a loophole where Rory is allowed to punch him the f--k out, and if every observer agrees that he deserved it, no charges are filed.

Was it the guy who said "you suck"? 

Edit: Nevermind.  I wrote that after watching the video but didnt read the headline.  Inappropriate, sure,  but bit of an overreaction by rory. 

Edited by dsc123

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Singles matches:

ZJ to Fitzpatrick - I got ties older than you, Matty.

Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 9.43.31 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 2726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!