Sign in to follow this  
mvmac

2015 Greenbrier Classic Discussion Thread

Note: This thread is 1564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

192 posts / 8975 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Kudos to Eldrick for recovering from that debacle with 3 birdies. Curious to see the rest of the tournament.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Soft greens and low wind, someone just about has to shoot a 63 today.

Scott Langley at -8 through 17 holes. Par on the 18th will give him a 62.

Amanda would be proud

Did Tiger do well with the long stick?

Bogey on a par 5, and a double or he'd be near the top... and I don't mean Amanda's top.

Did Tiger do well with the long stick?

Let's just say it actually looked like used the brain above his belt and not below it for the first time in two years.

Just saw the highlights for Tiger's 66. :-D [quote name="Mr. Desmond" url="/t/82957/2015-greenbrier-classic-discussion-thread/36#post_1163579"][QUOTE name="ChrisP" url="/t/82957/2015-greenbrier-classic-discussion-thread/36#post_1163561"] Amanda would be proud[/QUOTE] Did Tiger do well with the long stick? Bogey on a par 5, and a double or he'd be near the top... and I don't mean Amanda's top. [/quote] Why not both? He was playing well in 2009 when he was near the top of both the leaderboard and various women.

Jeff Overton was -1 coming into the 16th hole....he rinsed three straight balls. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/126599/] [/URL]

Uhhhh yikes. [quote name="David in FL" url="/t/82957/2015-greenbrier-classic-discussion-thread/0_40#post_1162816"]Tiger and JD, how cool is that?! So what....pick 'em between the two of them? :-)[/quote] Tiger beats JD! But not by much, Long John fired a smooth 68.

Uhhhh yikes. Tiger beats JD! But not by much, Long John fired a smooth 68.

Not over yet. Either one is perfectly capable of throwing up a 75+ tomorrow! ;-)

TW Said he is not at all surprised by his score today. And knew he was close. As much I would love to believe him ,not sure I'm buying it . But I'll definitely take it.

As much I would love to believe him ,not sure I'm buying it . But I'll definitely take it.

I think part of that is him just trying to be positive about the work he's put in and from everything that was reported at Chambers Bay, he was hitting it very well on the range. So he figures it's a matter of time until he starts doing it on the course. He's not working hard so he can keep shooting in the 80's ;-)

Also part of having a good mental game or whatever is being a little delusional about the bad rounds and not letting yourself get too up with the good rounds.

I say Tiger (his oft injured body) folds on round 3 & 4.

His body has been fine since the Masters.

Amanda would be proud

Maybe there's a correlation there with his sudden turnaround. :-D It worked for him the last time, right up to that....unfortunate....incident with the Cadillac and a 9-iron.

Scores not quite as low as some thought...play resumes after a short rain delay. Lowest round on the course is Ricky Barnes at -4.

Scores not quite as low as some thought...play resumes after a short rain delay.

Lowest round on the course is Ricky Barnes at -4.

Several players at -4 so far and Garrigus at -5

Several players at -4 so far and Garrigus at -5

Yeah, just as I said that Garrigus starts killing it. EDIT: He just made double to drop him in a share of the lead with Danny Lee and Scott Langley.

Note: This thread is 1564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!